Definitions

My First-Looking Love

- What a beautiful house... really, you have a good life - Chaeyeon was soon entering, walking around the room and noticing every detail; meanwhile Eunbi stood in front of the door, with a stubborn expression.

- You still haven't answered me! What are you doing here? How did you find my address? Go away, now! - she said, pushing the stylist toward the door.

- Didn't Hitomi warn you? Sakura wants to move to Korea later this week and..

- Yes, I know! she told me everything… Oh wait, don't tell me you're the one taking care of this! Seriously?

- Yes, it's me... I work for her, did you forget?

- Chase Chaewon in the company, she will help you! Now, go away!

Eunbi pushed Chaeyeon out of his house and slammed the door, with all the rage in the world. But instead of leaving, the youngest started screaming:

- I already looked for her, Eunbi. She gave me your address! You told her everything, didn't you? She gave me an endless sermon and told me to look for you! I didn't come here for nothing! Open that door now!

Afraid of this situation becoming a scandal, the CEO took Chaeyeon's request and pulled her back - not before using her hand to cover .

- You don't even have to sit down! Speak up, come on... as sooner as you open your mouth, sooner I can send you out - Eunbi was very furious, with a red face and both fists closed, as if she were ready to attack.

- Look, until yesterday, my plan was to let it all go, wait for time to pass and pretend that nothing happened, but as we will have to work together, surely the environment would always be tense wherever we were… so I decided to look for you yesterday and open myself to you! I just wanted to leave this situation on clean plates, so we could live in peace.

- And did you think you would solve everything this way? Just looking for me and dumping everything on me? Did you just want to clear your conscience so you can marry Sakura without guilt?

- It’s not like that, see well...

- You didn't even bother asking how I felt! - Eunbi cut Chaeyeon's words - do you know what it's like to wait for someone who doesn't even know where is? Do you know what it is to reject various opportunities, just because you trust that one day, keeping that hope inside your chest would be worth it? I lost four years of my life, and you come to tell me about "my plan was to let it all go"?

Chaeyeon, for a moment, didn’t know how to respond. The CEO's words entered her ears like razor-shaped truths, cutting through every bit of his interior, scanning her soul and exposing her heart. Looking down, unable to face the beautiful girl in front of him,s he sat on the sofa and put his hands on his face.

- Would you believe it if I say that Chaewon told me the same thing?

- Of course, she is my best friend, she understands me like no one!

- You are right, Eunbi... I didn't give a damn what you feel… I should have realized that yesterday was not the best time to look for you, but I could only think of getting along with myself… I ended up hurting you even more… and it looks like I'm going to keep hurting, just having to stay close… but your friend said something that gave me an idea what can work!

- What did she say? - Eunbi, nervous, started to get worried. - I hope you didn't say anything stupid!

- First, she said that you suggested ending the contract, canceling the agreement, something like that, just for don't have to see me again, but that she convinced you otherwise, because your company depends on Sakura, right?

Eunbi remained in silence; she wanted to hear everything Chaeyeon had to say.

- It seems that you will try to forget me... right? After all, today is only the third time that we see each other in life, and I agree with her ... it’s crazy to live because of someone who barely had the opportunity to meet! Therefore, I will withdraw from this situation. Sakura  will live here, but I'm going to stay in Japan. I'm going to stay away from the company, from the negotiations, from Korea, from you... so, you'll be able to get on with your life and find someone who really deserves you, not someone who made you suffer as much as I did… - Chaeyeon's voice started to choke, breaking, as if she didn't want to say what she was talking about at that moment.

- But wait... you're Sakura's stylist, you can't stay away! And Hitomi trusts you... the deal can get lost... you can't do that!

- I can deal with it… I know stylists as good or better than me. And if Hiichan trusts me, she will accept whoever I refer. Chaewon is right; I don't deserve all the attention you tried to give me.

- Chaeyeon, wait! I -

- Oh, and one more thing... don't tell anyone about this conversation. Let me do it myself, okay? I hope you can get well and be very happy... goodbye, Eunbi!

Before Eunbi could say anything else, Chaeyeon got up and ran out of the house, closing the door next.

The CEO was astonished; moments before, she was practically expelling the stylist from his home, and now, was she asking her to wait? The sincerity of the "apology" hit her hard; realizing that, this time, she would no longer have the doubt, but the certainty that Chaeyeon would never return, was something that Eunbi was still unable to process. She decided to try to sleep - not before taking a few shots of wine; she knew she couldn't sleep when she was sober, because her head was full of bad thoughts.

 

 

 

 

- Hello??

- Eunbi unnie? Where are you?

- I'm home, Chaewon! Where else would I be?

- You spent the whole Sunday without answering me ... what happened?

- I just wanted to isolate myself a little… weren't you the one who recommended it?

- I know... I just wanted to know what your conversation with Chaeyeon was about ...

- I don't want to talk about it! In fact, you will pay me for giving her my address! I didn't give you permission for it!

- Unnie... you needed to solve this at once! And when I saw her here at the company, I realized the chance... I hope everything went well!

- I already said that I don't want to talk about it… that's what you called me for, and so soon?? Nobody deserves to wake up early on a Monday ..

- Early? It is past nine o'clock... Sakura has been waiting for you for almost an hour, and with the appearance of very few friends... have you lost track of time?

-GOD, SAKURA IS THERE??? Where's Yuri? Please try to calm her down there... make up anything and say that I'm coming... and send Nako to pick me up, now!

- I'm smart, unnie! She already has her car in front of her house, waiting for you! Get it done and come! See you!

 

Within minutes, Eunbi was ready and in the car, on her way to the company. Seeing the chief's closed and sad expression, Nako soon addressed her:

- Ms Kwon... did you have a good weekend?

- Yes, I did, Nako! Keep driving, please!

- You look tired, discouraged… did something happen?

- Anything happened! Just keep driving and leave me alone! Aish, at those times I even miss Sian... unlike you, she always leaves me alone when I ask her.

- Of course she obeys you in everything, she loves you, right - Nako whispered ironically

- What did you say there ??

- N-nothing... I'll be quiet, Ms Kwon! Excuse me..

Normally, Eunbi would be satisfied with the sudden silence; but this time, she was curious:

- Speaking about Sian... Chaewon commented that she is still sick... what does she have?

- Ah, a lot of pain in the body., But the doctors still haven't discovered the cause, unfortunately. Do you believe she wanted to work anyway?

The CEO was amazed at the driver's statement and curiosity only increased:

- But why would she prefer to work instead of looking after her own health? This is insane!

- I wonder why? I'm just going to say that she went to the airport, almost crawling, just to see you disembark and make sure you arrived safely.

No more words were needed. Eunbi was sure that Sian was simply wanting to take care of the person she loves. She started to remember how many times she pretended not to know about the feelings she had, how many times she ran away from the situations she set up for the two of them to be alone - often, with the help of Chaewon, who simply wanted to see her overcome Kang Hyewon. Did she feel something different in her chest or not?

- Look, Nako... where is she interned?

- I took her to the hospital Friday, but now she's home. Why?

- Ah, I’m just wanna know... nevermind, we are here... thanks Nako, see you later - said Eunbi, already getting out of the car.

 

In a few moments, Eunbi was already walking through the main door. As soon as she entered, Yuri went towards him:

- Kwon Eunbi! What's happening with you? You missed Saturday, and today you leave our biggest contractor waiting?

- Listen, Jo Yuri… I am the owner of the company, did you know? Or did you forget? I bought it from your father! You are here only because it was a requirement of his, until I paid the entire purchase… then, stop that exhibition and tell me how the meeting with Ms Choi was, there at the bank, before I go to talk to Sakura!

- Well - Yuri swallowed hard and tried to maintain her posture - she even agreed to renegotiate our debt, but before she asked for more guarantees that the company is able to pay… so, I invited her to dinner tomorrow night to present our plans… and these plans depend on how the conversation with Sakura is going to happen today... keeping her waiting was a long way off, Chaewon was able to reassure her.

- So I'm going to the meeting room now! Good job this time, Yuri... I'm surprised!

Eunbi left her vice president growling with anger and went to see Sakura soon. As soon as she entered the meeting room, she saw the model arguing with a girl she didn't know and Chaewon trying to separate the two.

- What does that mean, Eunbi? - Said Sakura, turning to the CEO.

- This what?

- Who is this woman and why is she saying she will work with us ??

- I don't know her... Chaewon, explain to me what's going on here, and now !!

- I can say it myself! - Said the girl, walking towards Eunbi. - My name is Lee Kaeun. I'm a stylist and I came to work with you, as recommended by my cousin, Lee Chaeyeon. I got here and tried to explain, but Sakura says she only accepts to work with her.

- I really don't accept it! You tried to separate us once! I bet you did some scheme to take her place, especially since Chaeyeon didn't tell me about it! What are you up to, Kaeun?

Eunbi froze. Chaeyeon really did what she promised. She would never see her again. She didn't know if she might became sad or relieved. A strange sensation came over her chest.

In the meantime, Sakura spoke:

- Kwon Eunbi! Without Chaeyeon here, there is no contract, no job, nothing! Did you hear me?

- Sakura... Let's talk... please reconsider - Eunbi tried to argue, fearing for what might come next.

- It's my last word! Look, I'm going to call Chae now, and you're going to talk to her, you will discover what happened and you're going convince her here, or else I'm leaving! You decide…