The Trip

My First-Looking Love

Friday, end of day at Enozi Models S/A. The door to the presidency room opens.

- Miss Kwon!

- Yes, Chaewon ... don't tell me that we're going to delay the trip again!

- Sorry, the jet is still out of fuel and your pilot hasn’t arrived yet.

- I can't wait any longer, Chaewon! You are my secretary, I thought you would come up with a solution for me, no with more excuses! I have to be in Japan tonight, I can't miss this meeting… I need to sign this contract! Having Miyawaki Sakura in our model cast will take our agency to a global level!

- Well, if you don't want to wait any longer... there's a flight leaving Incheon airport in 50 minutes... I can try to buy you the tickets! It has the closest time!

- No need to think twice, buy it! I'm going straight from the office.

- But it only have a ticket back for next Monday.. and your bags? Won't you take any? Are you going to spend the entire weekend with nothing to wear?

- Just send the jet to pick me up! Don't get me in any more trouble, just be there at the airport with the tickets for me! And call the driver now, please!

- Okay, Ms Kwon.. I am providing everything, rest assured!

Chaewon left Eunbi's office immediately, while the CEO remained waiting. After a few time, a small figure appeared in front of her:

- Ms Kwon, the car is ready, shall we go now?

- Nako? Why are you here?

- Why, Ms Kwon? I'm your driver, I'm taking you to the airport...

- But what happened to Sian? She always makes sure to take me anywhere, never let another driver pick me up..

- She's sick, looks like she has a lot of headache and pain all over her body. She still tried to come anyway, but she couldn't handle it ... so Chaewon gave her the day off and contacted me.

- So let's go! We have no time to lose!

The two immediately went to the parking lot and Nako proceeded directly to the airport, where Chaewon was already waiting with tickets in her hand. Eunbi was in such a hurry that she didn't even say "goodbye" to the two, and she didn't even see Sian arriving, coughing a lot, visibly sick, but still wanting to see Eunbi before boarding.

- Sian, you look really bad! What are you doing here?? Go home or you'll have to go to the hospital - Chaewon ordered.

- I couldn't help coming! I cannot leave Eunbi alone ..

- Nako will take her! Don’t worry…

- But I have to go with her! You don't understand - Sian insisted, between a cry of pain and another.

- Don't you think you're overreacting? You don't even need this service, and you work even harder than you should... all just to please you?

- It's still not close to what she deserves, Chaewon. She is my life - said Sian , just before she lose her strength and fall into the ground.

- Nako, run and call an ambulance! Come on!

In a few minutes, the paramedics arrived and took Sian to the hospital.

 

After a few hours of flight - and some scares as there were some turbulence - Eunbi arrived in Tokyo. Immediately, she saw a blonde holding a sign with her name written on it.

- Good night ma’am! I'm Hitomi, Sakura's manager. I have to apologize myself, Sakura is in Nagoya now, she was hired for a last minute parade. She sent me to handle the details of the contract.

- I thought she wanted to deal directly with me, she made that very clear when she talked to me on the phone - Eunbi replied emphatically.

- Yes, but unforeseen events don't happen? - Hitomi replied, in the same tone. - Sakura trusts me completely. She must be here in a few hours. and told me to come early to speed up the process. She has been without an agency since the beginning of the year, it’s difficult to get good jobs... with this contract, we can leverage her international career again.

- I see, I see... I needed to be in Busan tomorrow morning, but I can't miss Sakura... deal! Let's get together tomorrow morning, okay? We got the details right tonight, and in the morning she signs the papers.

Still a little upset, Eunbi followed Hitomi to the car, and from there they went directly to a luxurious restaurant right in the center of Tokyo. As soon as she entered, she noticed a very familiar person sitting at one of the tables, alone, with a glass of wine in her hand.

- C-Chaeyeon ??

- Eunbi….

- D-do you remember me?

- Sure..

The atmosphere has becoming stranger. Eunbi's mind went blank. She only managed to smile.

- Wait, do you know each other ?? - Hitomi asked, with a surprise expression.

- Yes, we saw each other once, in a cafe pub in Seoul, many years ago... a few days before I moved to Japan - Chaeyeon replied.

- What a small world! I have been friends with Chaeyeon for many years... she’s my stylist, and she’s responsible for Sakura's "discovery". I wasted no time and became her manager - Hitomi said. - All thanks to Chaeyeon.

"So that's why I never saw her again... I shouldn't have let her go that day..." Eunbi fell into her own thoughts, remembering the day she saw Chaeyeon for the first - and last - time.

 

 

 

4 years ago

 

- I don't know why I let you drag me here, Chaewon...

- Unnie, you needed to go out for a while, get distracted! So I brought you to your favorite place - Chaewon replied, handing a glass with soju to his friend.

- I'm not in the mood for this... and you're already drinking too much!

- Stop being silly and enjoy, unnie.. you haven't been out with me in a while, the most you can do for me is drink with me!

- Okay - Eunbi took the cup and turned it all over at once - I don't know how you can get so excited.. even more after such a heavy day ..

- Life has to be celebrated - Chaewon said, taking another sip. - And I'm going to make you celebrate yours again. You can't go this long without having fun and socializing… Hyewon broke up with you months ago, you need to live again!

- DON’T REPEAT THAT NAME, PLEASE! - Eunbi shouted, while a tear trickled down his face. - You promised me...

- Sorry, unnie, I forgot! I just wanted to cheer you up a bit… I'm tired of seeing you so down and crying at home… I miss the happy friend I had ..

- Ahh Chaewon... I'm sorry, but I'm not at the party mood today, I'm leaving, right? Don’t get me wrong…

- But, unnie ..

- I'm going, Chaewon! - she said, already getting up and heading towards the exit.

Chaewon got up and ran after her friend, pulling her by the arm. Eunbi, in shock, ended up turning around and hitting her in the face. Chaewon, already drunk, fell to the floor and fainted. A girl, who had seen the whole scene from a distance, immediately approached Eunbi:

- Do you need help??

- N-no, she just drank too much. I just need to take you to my house. My car is nearby and… - Eunbi was suddenly speechless.

- AND…? What?

- N-nothing ... I looked at you now, and I couldn't help noticing ... you are very beautiful!

- Oh… thank you… you are also very beautiful… by the way, what's your name?

- Eunbi.. and yours?

- Chaeyeon...

"Perfect name for a goddess," Eunbi whispered to herself.

“For God’s sake, Eunbi! You and your big mouth! What was that all about?” She started to think. When she tried to carry Chaewon, she was barely able to get up too.

- I'll drive your car! Clearly you don’t be in condition to drive!

Chaeyeon took the keys from Eunbi's hands, propped her and Chaewon on her shoulders - one on each side - and carried both into the parking lot.

"It's that gray one in front," Eunbi said, pointing in the direction of his car. Soon, Chaeyeon fixed everything and took the two girls away. All the way, silence dominated that place. Eunbi couldn't say anything, she was intoxicated - not only because of the alcohol, but also because she was COMPLETELY IN LOVE by that beautiful girl who was driving her home. Her long blond hair, her perfume, her sweet look... Was it love at first sight? For the first time in many months, she didn't think about Hyewon or the completely unexplained way in which she ended their three-year engagement. Chaeyeon, on the other hand, just concentrated on driving, seemed to be in a hurry, despite volunteering to help a stranger.

- You can stop right here, we're here!

- Eunbi! I'll take your friend inside, open the door for me, please.

The mistress of the house obeyed without batting an eye. As soon as she saw Chaewon well accommodated, Chaeyeon immediately started to leave.

- Do you already want to go?? Stay awhile, have a coffee with me - Eunbi, without realizing it, looked at her with an expression like a baby begging for affection.

- I'm sorry, but I really need to go ..

- I really hope to see you again around there, you were very kind to me ..

- It was nothing... I couldn't let you two leave alone, it was too risky..

Eunbi couldn't help it anymore, she was really enchanted by Chaeyeon. Suddenly, she gave her a hug and stole a intense kiss. But as soon as she came to, she stepped back and used her hands to hide her face, red with shame.

Chaeyeon didn't even know how to react. A stranger she helped, kissing her like they were girlfriends?? Her heart skipped a beat.

- Yeah.. I have to go... - Chaeyeon quickly turned and ran.

- WAIT ... I DIDN'T EVEN GET YOUR NUMBER... I WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!CHAEYEON !!

Eunbi went to sleep, still thinking about that kiss. She was definitely in love, to someone who didn't know when she could see again.

 

 

 

- Do you remember that day ?? - Eunbi asked, surprised.

- Of course yes! I hope that your friend never exaggerated in soju again - Chaeyeon replied, while having a good laugh.

- And that's all you remember ??

- Well I…

Before Chaeyeon could answer, Hitomi pointed to the restaurant's entrance:

- She arrived, people! Sakura is here!

The three looked at her at the same time. Really, she had a different aura. Definitely a professional model. Chaeyeon returned to the table he was at before, while Hitomi and Eunbi remained waiting for Sakura.

- We were all waiting for you - Hitomi said to Sakura, while indicating to the waiter that she wanted to place the order. - This is Kwon Eunbi, CEO of Enozi Models S/A, with whom you have been speaking for the past few days.

- It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Ms Kwon - said Sakura, greeting the CEO.

- The pleasure is mine! I'm sure that we will get along very well.

Before Eunbi continued to speak, Sakura noticed Chaeyeon's presence. Then she ran towards her, gave her a hug and a long kiss.

- Chaeyeon, my love! Why are you here?

- Hitomi told me that you would come here to sign a contract, so I wanted to wait for you... I prepared you a surprise at home!

- Awnnnn - Sakura jumped, full of joy - you always know how to cheer me up!

Eunbi, who was watching everything closely, couldn't believe it. Was it a nightmare? She went from the euphoria of having met Chaeyeon again to the sadness of knowing that she is engaged. She was late. Four years lost... But it still wasn't enough:

- Chaeyeon, come and sit with us - Sakura pulled her girlfriend to the same table where were Hitomi and Eunbi.

Could that situation get worse than this?