you are

Crooked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEYEON

 

 

 

 

"Taeyeon-shi? Stage rehearsal in 10." one guy from our agency said and I nodded.

It had been days since I've last seen Jessica. I still remember how she looked that night.

"Taeyeon?" She asked after I showed up at her company studio. She's looking so fresh and vibrant in her loose thin white long sleeves and, white jeans and a white sneakers. Oh god, she looks like an angel sent from heaven to save me. 
"Good evening, Jessica." I said with a toothy smile.
"What brings you all the way here? Aren't you busy preparing for a concert?" Asked her while letting me in.
"Yes. Which brings me here to invite you and Krystal." I handed her two VIP tickets and smiled. "Please come, I know that Krystal might not like it but you know. It could be a good thing to do for once." I said and smiled. "That's the last night of the tour so this is going to be the best performance of all." I said and she grinned.
"Not sure about Soojung but I'll still try." She said and I nodded.

We talked for a bit more before I finally decided to go. She looks busy seeing as how sketches are all over the place. She told me that she is preparing for a shoot of her muse. I'd bet my career that Tiffany must have done something to have Jessica prepare a photo shoot that looks grand enough seeing how focused Jessica is on the project.

I went to the lift which will take me to the stage. The opening music started, later on I have heard the into of my song 'Here I Am' and I started singing. 

Typical rehearsal but we wrapped up early because the agency does not want to exhaust me. There won't be any special guest for the last day of the tour so that I could spend more time with my fans.

Tiffany stopped by with a bouquet of red rose, matching her red outfit which I gladly took.

"Oh my god, what if news spreads saying that we're going out again just because I went to congratulate you for the final day of the tour?!" she exclaimed.
"I doubt anyone will ever notice." I shrugged and thanked her for the flower. "I can't talk long though, have to do some voice exercise in a few." I added. Carefully placing the bouquet on the table. 
"I won't stay for long though, I have some place to go and besides, I've been here the first night of the tour." she smiled, "I'll go ahead, cheers Kim Taeyeon." she said while smiling but before she could completely go out I spoke.
"You should have accepted the ticket, you know? Now there's no way you'd be in the same crowd as Jessica tonight. Not sure if they'll come anyways, Krystal doesn't like the crowd. But with things happening like crazy, is one night on a crowded place with Jess so bad?" 

I've let out a famous ahjjuma laugh while Tiffany looked devastated. First she came here congratulating me and now she's cursing the hell out of me. I could only laugh before proceeding with the voice exercise.

I received a message from Jessica saying that she is outside right after the exercise.

"Hey, will go out for a bit." I told my manager. 
"Hey! You'll be needing to do your make up soon!" he said, "What are you even going to do out! We're dead if anything goes wrong!" he screamed. 
"I may not be hers but... I need to see my muse." I grinned and ran my way outside where I see a familiar figure waiting by the waiting shed.

"Jessica!" I called with a smile and she grinned at me. 
"If it isn't the talk of the hour, what's up Taeng?" she said and then wrapped me on a hug.
"Oh my god, I'm so glad you're here!" I exclaimed and then hummed by the comfort that her hug gives. 
"Are you now?" she joked and I shrugged. 
"You're the best part."

Jessica looked at me with a grin on her face. "Krystal will be coming though. She doesn't want tonight to be the second but clearly she's intrigued so we might as well go. She'll be arriving shortly."

"Talk about the devil and the devil will come." I muttered and Jessica looked at the direction that I am looking at.
"Krystal?" she asked and welcomed her sister who automatically gave her a hug.
"Sooyeon!" she called excitedly and after wrapping Jessica in a bone crushing bear hug, she looked at me with a skeptical expression. "You... don't like my Unnie, do you?" she asked while stepping ahead so that Jessica would be behind her.
"I like Jessica a lot. I like her more than I liked my ex girlfriend which I believe you know who." I said and she crossed her arms while giving me a mean look.
"Oh, that loud Unnie." was her only word while her lips are forming an o shape.
"I really like Jessica. I'll protect her, Krystal. So I suggest that you protect her too." I said before standing up, my mind wandering to Tiffany and whatever she has in store for us.

She was about to say something when someone from behind suddenly pulled me.

"You idiot! The CEO is here and you're MIA!" my second manager said and began dragging me all the way from Jessica and Krystal's place to god knows where.

I looked back at her before we completely went back inside and I saw a very quizzical look on Krystal's face.

Why, do protect her.  Krystal Jung.

 


 

JESSICA

 

 

 


 

"What the hell was that...?" asked Krystal.

Amused. It's quite amusing how Krystal's blood would reach a boiling point just by the mention of Tiffany's name yet when it's Taeyeon who's admitting her feelings, she is rather calm. I wonder if there's anything like introvert of the same level flocks together thing because that's what they both are.

"I have no idea. Besides, we still have a bit of time before concert starts. There's a famous diner around the area. Let's drop by?" I suggested and she gladly came with me.

I decided not to take the car and instead we took a walk. It's just around the corner. Few blocks max.

"What in the bloody hell are those satanic beings doing here?" I asked while gritting my teeth and when Krystal looked at the direction I am looking at, there stands the guy who confessed to her when I last picked her up and my father. They both seem to be getting along.

I was about to ask her to look for another place when the guy, which if I remember right is Kai, called her name.

"Krystal! What perfect timing, I ran into your father so we decided to have a talk. Or rather, he ran into me? If that's even normal or something out of coincidence."

I didn't even know that he came back already from his business trip but I hated the thing that had just ran through my head. I wished it's not the case but most probably, Krystal is the business he has decided to mind tonight.

" Coincidence I think not." I hissed. 
"I don't think it is great timing-"
"My, my. You kids have made up?" my father said with his booming voice which I despise so much.
"State the obvious old man. It won't hurt to have some common sense." Krystal said and held my hand. "Let's get out of here Unnie." she rolled her eyes at Kai and my father but my father is quick to pull her back. Krystal yelped in pain.
"I'd learn of it if you'd swear you'd learn about respect." father said.
"Big word, coming from you." I interjected.
"Stay out of this Jessica." he warned while gripping tighter on Krystal's arm causing Krystal's eyes to rim with tears.
"You're in no place to lecture me, father." I said and held his arm, snapped his bone and looked at Kai whose face bear horror due to the offensive that he had just witnessed. "It's not a very perfect timing, kid. I'd suggest you stop hovering around my sister. You'll never have her." I said while glaring at him. Expression of terror shifted fast into anger. 
"What if I like your sister for real? Can't you give me a chance?!"
"Allow me atleast a minute to think about it- kidding. I won't." I grinned and then pulled Soojung out of the diner making sure that I am not hurting her on the process.

We were already nearing the exit when Kai suddenly lunged an attack on me which I'd swiftly dodged. Anger filled up my system and I felt a rush of heat crawling through my eyes. I am sure that it is changing colors once again.

Kai's eye widened and were also once again overwhelmed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter