unorthodox

Crooked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KRYSTAL

 

 

 

 

 

"What shall I cook for your breakfast Ms. Jung?" One of the maid asked.
"Anything will do." I said and she bowed before retreating from my room. I decided to take an early shower and change into a jeans and shirt. I want to go to Jinri's after I eat so I dressed like this.

I want downstairs and breakfast, no, brunch is already served. I was in the middle of feasting on my meal when I heard a familiar voice booming from the hallway going to the mansion's parlor. Oh, I know that voice. It's the girl that Jinri has been addicting about.

It is Tiffany. Yes, the same girl from Jessica's studio and the girl I always see on interviews. It kind of annoyed me which caused a great distaste to the breakfast I decided to stop eating.

"It is a great house, Sica. Who lives here with you?" she asked and I stood up, slowly making my way to the same destination as them wherein I saw Tiffany clinging onto Jessica's arm.

Wow. And I thought that my previous show would be enough for her to stay away from that monster. I guess Jessica is quite the apple of people's eye.

"I live here with my father, at the moment he is on a business trip and my-"
"Wife." I said and gave a slight wave at them. "She lives with me." I said and Tiffany rolled her eyes at me. The nerve!
"I know for a fact that you and Jessica are sisters. Jessica explained it to me well." she said  and I took a sharp, deep breathe.

I moved to them and then pulled Jessica beside me. "Love, is this how fast  you deny our love? Was our previous quarrel enough of a reason for you to introduce me to people as your-" I gasped, "your sister?!" I said. Now Tiffany's expression from confident shifted into confused.
"Stop it, Krystal-shi." Tiffany said and I just looked at her.
"Why? Are you jealous?" I inched close to her, very close and then whispered, "Should I go and marry you instead?" I asked and the look on her face is priceless. I just had to receive a slap, that's all. Quite painful if I may add.
"I wonder where you left your manners, young lady. Have you no parents to teach you any?!" she asked with a huge hint of annoyance and I smiled.

My hand turning into a fist, the knuckles turning white. I noticed the alarmed expression on Jessica's face and then she looked at Tiffany.

"Tiffany, don't-" Jessica tried to speak but I was fast to cut her off.
"And so what if I have no parents? Well for once I would say yes to you. I have no parents. My mother was murdered and my father is physically violent. I used to have a sister, though. Before she started to be like my father and left me too."
"Good for them, they must have left you for a reason!" Tiffany added. She can't contain her anger because of my hostile gestures towards her.
"Tiffany stop-!"
"I was 15! I can't just lose all of them at once, I needed someone to blame. I only have two people whom I love the most in my life, Tiffany. One was murdered by my father and one just ran off." I looked at Jessica whose eyes are now with tears, "I needed my sister more than I needed anyone but I am too disgusted of what she has become so she became the point of blame. Like I said, she is just like our father. I know I am a selfish for trying to pass the blame to another victim like me. But never once had I left her although every inch of me wants to." her tear drops fell like crazy. "Yes, Jessica. I only needed time and with so little that I asked you chose to run away. Yes, I am sorry for blaming you. I was wrong. But what about me? You don't even have the rights to apologize anymore. Did you know why I am disgusted by you? It's not because of you being a monster, Jung Sooyeon. It was because every time I look at you, all I see is the same image of our father who chose to turn his back on family he once loved all because that's what he thought was necessary. You thought it was necessary to just leave me be than to actually reach for me. Every time I look at you, all I feel is pain for not being chosen. You love me more than your life? No. You love yourself better." 

I tried to calm myself down and gritted my teeth.

"Just the other night I, for once, felt serene being with you again. And as much as I want to hold on to that feeling, to dismiss it so quickly by yet again shutting me out."

I dismissed myself from their audience and went to my room. I made sure to lock the door and sat beside my bed. It made me feel weak spouting all those feelings at once because I have tried to hard to keep them to myself. I used to think that since she isn't opening up about her pain, it would only be fair if I do the same. But no. I have proven myself wrong.

I care for Jessica still and that was just me being a coward whenever I tried blaming her. Because I am afraid to admit that I still care for someone who stops acting on showing her words of caring about me too. I care for her and seeing her with someone else, it triggered something in me.

'That should be me.' I thought so I cut in between them. Instead of other people to enjoy your company, why can't it be me? I felt jealous and left behind that's why I lost myself earlier.

Wait. I felt jealous. Why the hell on earth do I even feel jealous? Jealous that there's someone by her side or jealous that someone is trying to take my place. I was the one beside Jessica back then. Nobody can ever have that place. Jessica's side is where I am supposed to be.

I stood up, about to lay down my bed when I saw her. Jessica standing on the balcony and I don't even have enough time to lock the glass door so I just stood there looking at her defeated figure. Her head is hanging low.

"Go back to your guest. Just try your best not to be loud." I said and was about to go to bed when she spoke.
"I sent her home." was all she said.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes but what she said next made my heart ache and beat fast.

"I miss you, Soojung." and then she started to sob.

I turned to her and walked towards her direction. I couldn't take the look of her crying so I did what my body told me to do. I pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back.








 

"I miss you too, Sooyeon."






 

THIRD PERSON

 

 

 

 

It's been weeks after that incident. Soojung is still a little bit awkward being around her sister but she doesn't care. It was one afternoon though. The air was blowing quite strong when she was waiting for her sister to pick her up and then one guy came towards her to start a talk.

Krystal was delighted to see him. In fact, it's a guy that she liked ever since he transferred in. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't have any ounce of courage to actually talk to him and start a proper conversation until today.

"Krystal-shi, are you alone?" He asked and she nodded. Seeing as Jinri and Amber is nowhere to be found. "Then, may I sit with you?" he asked and the female gently nodded.

The guy gladly took the seat.

"Waiting for someone?" He asked.
"Ah, yes. Waiting for someone to pick me up." she said. "You?"
"Talking to you." he said and the girl smiled. "But who are you waiting for? Boyfriend?" he asked curiously.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter