002

Little ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years later

 

Dahyun was never afraid of the weight of responsibility on her shoulders, growing more and more with the years, however, the feeling of uncertainty when she found herself for the first time in her life possibly away from her sister sank her heart in uncertainty.

Seulgi and Joohyun had received incredible job offers, Seulgi from Asia's biggest dance studio, having the opportunity to work with the greatest choreographers in the industry. While Joohyun received a unique offer to complete her residence in the best pediatric hospital in Asia.

And when her older sister told her about the work proposal, Dahyun immediately realized that the older one was hiding something behind her sad smile, to pursue their dreams the couple would have to move to another country.

‘‘Can I come in?’’ The soft sound of knocking echoing through her room and her unnie tender voice was enough to wake her from her daydreams, getting up quickly to open the door, firmly ignoring the boxes full of her sisters belongings scattered on the floor.

‘’How are you, dear? ” The affectionate question was enough to bring out the tears that the youngest was holding so tightly. But like always Joohyun didn't need any answer to welcome the younger girl into her arms, softly murmuring a lullaby in her ear.

''I don't know how to live without her unnie, I don't know how to live without you!'' she mumbled between her tears, feeling her chest sting from the lack of her sister who hadn't even left yet and the shame of not being strong enough in front of the woman she admired so much.

‘’Dahyun, come with us!’’ The delicate tone was filled with certainties, gently removing the face of the youngest one from her neck, Joohyun carefully dried the tears that were flowing quickly from her eyes.

''I can't unnie, you two need to follow your dreams, and I need to follow my dreams too'' mumbling under her breath the youngest girl disengaged herself from the loving embrace, walking absently to her bed, letting out the first smile of the day when she saw her three creatures looking at her deeply, probably feeling her sadness.

''You will never be a nuisance Dahyun!” The strong tone used so few times with her was enough to wake the youngest Korean out of her bubble of sadness, being also enough for her to realize for the first time that underneath her own pain, she wasn't the only one affected.

Tears streamed down her unnie's cheek, and even though she struggled to avoid her emotions, Dahyun could see perfectly the older woman's clenched fists and shrugged shoulders. She wasn't the only one feeling pain, missing what was still hers, but wouldn't be anymore.

Joohyun has always been like an older sister, like a mother and like a best friend, offering her little shoulders to Dahyun at all times. Offering her care and affection not only to her girlfriend, but also to the youngest Korean girl, welcoming her in her life from day one.

''Come with us Dahyun, we need you too'' her older sister's tearful whisper attracted Dahyun’s attention who had not noticed her entering the room, the taller one leaned against her girlfriend's body, her face red with tears and sunken sad eyes watching the young one pleadingly.

‘’I can’t go to another country like that unnies’’ she replied quickly, looking away from the couple in front of her, unable to observe their sadness.

‘’Why not? You are brilliant Dahyun! any college in Japan would accept you immediately ’’ replied the older sister promptly, walking over to the youngers bed and kneeling in front of her, gently holding her pale hands.

'‘Because I don’t want to impose myself any more than I already did Seulgi!’’ Losing the strength to contain her tears Dahyun got up from the bed quickly, moving away from her sister and walking dazedly through the small free space in her room.

‘’My whole life you took care of me, when I didn’t have a father you were there teaching me how to play football, when Mom disappeared you worked two jobs so we could have food at the table Seulgi, I can’t accept anything more from you ’’

‘’Dahyun loving you was never a job! I always did everything possible for you like you always did everything possible for me! you are my sister, you are part of me and that love, our love, will never change and will never be reduced to whoever does more or not for the other ’’.

''I want you to go with me to Japan because I love you, because Joohyun unnie loves you, because you complete our lives and also because you will have an extremely promising future there, I would never ask you to leave if I wasn't sure that you would be happy and complete ''

‘’You did everything you could in Korea, you went to the best university available, but you know you deserve more, you deserve the best! And you will only find that opportunity in Japan! Come with us Dahyun, please ”

‘’ Are you coming Dahyun? ’’

 

2 months later

 

Packing her bags was one of the easiest activities ever done by her, she had never been a material person, and because of this all her clothes and belongings filled only three boxes, she didn't need much when she had someone she loved by her side.

And the feeling of tranquility in her heart made any weight of doubt or uncertainty escape her shoulders, and the strange sign of her three creatures jumping on the floor in an extremely excited way brought a slight strangeness to Dahyun. The Korean was used to the animation of her squirrel and her raccoon, having become accustomed to the energetic interactions, and the moments that she had to separate the two animals from each other, never knowing if the two were in the middle of a fight or a moment of affection.

But her little penguin was made up of small moments of love and silence, comforting Dahyun with her delicate and loving presence, usually moving away from the mess created by the other two creatures. But the little animal in front of her seemed to have consumed her older sister's entire stock of coffee, surprisingly moving around the room and jumping on her legs much more than the little squirrel and raccoon. In the two years that Dahyun was taking care of the small animals she had never seen any of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter