001

Little ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time that a human reach their 18th birthday,in some distorted and strange way of fate all individuals come to possess a creature who generally has the same personality as their soulmate, their small and big personality traits, their tastes and their particularities. And this little creature would be his mate and friend until the individual found his other half.

And it was never strange to anyone, after a few generations where everyone woke up with a new breathing being snuggled by their side, the arrival of their creature became a sign of a future promised by fate.

Dahyun, however, always questioned the logic of this cosmic prank, always asking herself the meaning of taking care of another life when her partner's name on her wrist could bring such convenience, but it never meant that just like everyone else, she was exempt from Anxiety to know at least a piece of how her relationship with her better half would be.

'Unnie, it's tomorrow' walking faster than her legs allowed, Dahyun entered her older sister's room with a big smile on her face.

"Anxious?" Seulgi asked in a kind voice, looking at her younger sister with a big smile on her face.

" yes!!" she mumbled with a small smile on her face, not paying attention to the older's repressive look. Ignoring the irony of her big, cool sister being shy with a simple curse word.

"When will Irene Unnie be back?" Looking carefully at the floor, the younger one took careful steps, afraid to hurt the creature that belonged to her sister.

''In a week'' she said tearfully, burying her face between the various pillows on her bed, and before Dahyun had the time to laugh she noticed with a thoughtful look the little rabbit that was sleeping on the floor running to her eldest sister bed, impatiently waiting to be picked up.

"I never understood why she came back," she said casually, leaving her hand a few inches from the small animal, waiting to receive permission to pet her little head.

‘'When I found her my little rabbit disappeared, because for the first time in my life I had Joohyun with me.'’ She began to respond, placing the little animal on the bed, watching it leaping until it was snuggled in her lap, as if comforting her by the distance between the two.

''And now she's traveling and I haven't seen her for over a week, obviously I miss her '' Rising gently with the little rabbit in her lap Seulgi walked to the shorter girl, resting her hand gently on her shoulder looking lovingly into her eyes.

''Dahyun finding your soul mate is like breathing clean air for the first time after spending years trapped in a stuffy room, thats why she's back! because she will always come back to me Dahyun, either as a small animal or as the woman I love'.'

‘’Sweet dreams, my love’’ And the little kiss placed on the younger girl's soft cheek was enough to make her leave the room with a lighter heart, ready for the next day.

 

 

Maybe not as ready for the next day as she expected

 

Running desperately around the house, she stopped in front of her older sister's room, knocking frantically on the door, her heart pounding and her hands sweating, because deep down she already knew that the woman inside the room had no guilt or participation in her despair.

''What's going on?'' Perhaps if the situation had been different, Dahyun would have taken her sweet time to laugh at the older one desperate expression and messy hair, but the heaviness in her stomach kept any other thoughts from entering her mind.

‘’That's not funny Seulgi ! Whose other creature is it?'' She pointed exasperated at the two small animals that had followed her down the corridor.

‘’Dahyun’' Seulgi sighed in surprise, kneeling on the floor staring in wonder at the little creatures, while the younger girl was across the hall pressed against the wall, too scared to process any kind of information.

Reaching out gently Seulgi the soft fur of the little squirrel, extending her finger to the little raccoon laughing softly as she watched him hold only the tip of her finger, even though the little animal was using both paws.

‘’Dahyun I know it's rare, but you may have more than one sou mate’’The soft noise of the small footsteps echoing down the corridor was enough to silence the older girl's phrase.

"Unnie" the whimpering whisper was enough to wake up the protective instincts of the older woman who hurried to the younger, engulfing her in a protective embrace.

''Unnie is here, it's going to be all right'’ Seulgi squeezed her sister in her arms, frightenedly watching the little penguin standing in the middle of the corridor, watching everything shyly.

"I should call Joohyun, wait here" Dahyun observed without reaction Seulgi running into the room, searching desperately for her cell phone.

Waiting is easy, extremely easy, Dahyun thought, yet no one had ever warned her to wait pressed against a wall scared because of the cutest creatures she had ever seen. However, the little penguin's soft wailing sound made her heart leap inside her chest, but before she could take any action she noticed that the other two creatures walked swiftly toward the startled penguin, circling him gently.

And before she could get out of her stupor, the little penguin was already awkwardly walking towards her, shyly touching her leg and resting her small body against it. Gently lowering herself, Dahyun realized that the other two creatures were quickly approaching her,ina completely opposite way to the little penguin, the Korean noticed the little squirrel slipping near her foot, settling between the raccoon that seemed more than happy being engulfed between the other two creatures and Dahyun's leg

'‘I think everything will be all right unnie’’.

To say that the whole situation was at least funny would be an understatement, although the three animals were extremely cute, nothing and no one in the world would have prepared Dahyun for the shock and surprise that would be waking up to three large pairs of eyes watching her. Obviously her first thought that this whole situation was just a big joke made by her best friend and sister vanished as soon as she got out of bed.

Creatures represent the primordial essence of the individual destined to be their dearest half, so one of their basic instincts has always been faithfulness and attraction toward their soulmate. So when rising in a burst and realizing that the little animals were still trying to follow her around the room, Dahyun was absolutely sure she was destined for each of them.

Nothing would erase from her memory the pain she felt when she tried to hold seulgi’s rabbit without her permission. That is faithful.

 

Some time later

 

"Joohyun returns today" Seulgi's soft voice roused her from her reverie, her thoughts still trapped in the three little animals.

"She will bring some friends, they will explain your situation better" She continued softly, entering the room and sitting on the bed.

"They like you" Dahyun commented lightly, noticing the little raccoon and squirrel going to her sister's lap. The penguin, however, was still lying snuggled in her lap.

‘'They?'’ Asked Seulgi with a mocking smile.

‘’My soulmate Unnie’’

‘’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter