Chapter 9

My Fallen Meteor

"Are you sure they can do it?" Chaeyoung asked Mina as he was staring at Momo and Sana who's holding a makeup kit and brushes on their hands right now.

 

"Yeah. They were trained to almost do everything." Mina answered. They are now at Mina's condo unit getting ready for Chaeyoung's mom birthday party this evening.

 

"Are you doubting us cub?" Momo and Sana's eyes beamed at him.

 

He scoffed. "N-No. No, Of course, no." He tried to smile at them but as usual, they're just giving him death glares. He just shifted back to Mina. "By the way, are you okay putting on makeup? I mean, don't you have allergies?"

 

"No, I'm fine with it." Mina quickly answered.

 

"Those makeups are hypoallergenic, right?" Chaeyoung asked the two. 

 

"Of course! We're not going to compromise our lady's safety." Sana immediately answered.

 

"Okay good. Just don't overdo her makeup, make it simple yet perfect for the night—"

 

"Chaeyoung, they know what to do." Mina interrupted.

 

Chaeyoung nodded. "You're right—Oh, wait! Food. Do you have food allergies? I can contact mom's caterer now so that—"

 

"I'm fine with anything."

 

"Are you sure? Just tell me if there's a—"

 

"Chaeyoung," Mina called him with a warning tone. "Rule number four: it's up to my decision to whether I'll answer your questions or not. In this case, I'm not gonna answer anything and I don't wanna hear any of your questions right now." She stated in her monotonous voice and went straight to her room.

 

Chaeyoung pouted and rolled his eyes. "Aish, such a spoiled brat." He muttered and decided to leave the two Amazonian who's currently glaring at him. 

 

He sighed deeply as he went back to his condo. 'I need to prepare myself now as well.'

 

-

 

As Chaeyoung was carefully combing his hair his phone suddenly rings.

 

"Yes?" He answered turning on its speaker as he was still busy fixing himself. 

 

"Are you not done yet?" He heard one of the Amazonians voice.

 

"Twenty minutes more." He answered.

 

"What? Milady was already done about hour ago."

 

Chaeyoung sighed and rolled his eyes. "Okay, okay. Fine. I'll be there quickly."

 

Thirty minutes after he finally went to Mina's unit to fetch her.

 

"Finally, he's here." Sana rolled her eyes as Chaeyoung entered Mina's unit. 

 

Chaeyoung suddenly felt that somebody poured a really cold water onto his body. He froze on his position as his eyes landed on Mina. 'What the hell happened to Mina? Her hair.... Where is her eyeglasses? Why is she wearing that short tube gown? And why does she have to look so ing pretty?'

 

He deeply sighed and approached her while suddenly removing his suit jacket just to quickly cover it to Mina.

 

"Chaeyoung!—"

 

"Yah! You're ruining her hair!" Momo blirted..

 

"You can't go out looking like that!" Chaeyoung freaked out.

 

"What do you mean?" Mina confusingly asked as she removed his jacket that was covering her. 

 

"You can't go out like that." He said and glares at the two Amazonian proudly sitting on the couch. 'Didn't I told these two not to overdo it?' He looks back at Mina. 'Oh God.' "I'm wrong, you should get and wear back your eyeglasses. Where is it?" 

 

"Why? Did I turned out looking bad?" Mina asked in confusion.

 

"It's not that... it's just that..." He massages his forehead in frustration as he looks at her. Her make up fit her so much that he hates it. It makes her eyes looking so alluring and now her moisty soft rose lips seems to be inviting. "...There's no way I'll let you go out looking like that, wearing like that." He said pointing at the black mid-leg tube gown she was wearing. "I'll take it back, I'm not bringing you to the party."

 

Mina bit her lower lip as she brushes her left arm with her other her hand. "Do I really look that bad?"

 

"No, trust me. It's not that... I just can't—"

 

"It's okay, I get it. I guess you really don't want to bring me to the party." Mina pressed her lips and faint a smile. 

 

She turned her back from him ready to go back and change to her room when Chaeyoung suddenly grabbed her arm. 

 

"It's okay Chaeyoung ..." She genuinely smiled at him and removed his hand from her arm.

 

"Yah, Mina. Wait." Chaeyoung grabbed her arm again and stares at her with an unknown expression in his eyes. A sudden thought of her walking away from him suddenly gives him an uncomfortable feeling inside him. He deeply sighed. 'I think I'm gonna regret this.' "I'm going to bring you to the party."

 

Mina looks at him in confusion. "Are you sure? I mean it's really okay if you don't want to, I'm not mad—"

 

"Forget what I said earlier. I'll bring you to the party okay?"He said sliding his hand from her arm down to her hand until he got the chance intertwined it together. 

 

Mina just slowly nodded looking puzzled as she stares at Chaeyoung.

 

 

-

 

 

"Okay, so this is what you're going to do." Chaeyoung positioned himself to face Mina. "Don't talk to anyone. If they ask you questions just smiled at them. I'll just tell them you're mute." He said explaining his plan to Mina while they're still in the backseat of the car. They're on their way to the Son's mansion for his Mom's birthday party.

 

"Okay, if that's what you want." Mina just simply nodded.

 

"Aish!" Chaeyoung closes his eyes as he moaned in frustration and massages his forehead.

 

"Chaeyoung are you okay?" 

 

He looks at her again. Now staring at her as if he was studying every facial features in her face. For sure there'll be a lot of guys swooning over her. He sighed and leaned his head to her shoulder. He's kinda missing the Mina that he just saw earlier this morning. 'Why does she have to be so damn beautiful tonight?'

 

Mina stiffened from his sudden closeness, but to her luck, Chaeyoung phone suddenly rings. She sighed deeply when he finally move himself away to answer his phone call.

 

"Hey, dad. Yeah, we're almost there." He glances outside the car's window. "Yeah, I have it here. Okay,  bye dad."

 

As the car stopped at the Son's mansion Chaeyoung grabs Mina's hand and together. "Let's go." He smiled at her before they finally got off the car. 

 

The party was set outdoor in their spacious garden near their pool. Wearing his always charming and confident smile Chaeyoung greeted some visitors that he knew while he was looking for the star of this night. Many guests of her mom were mostly known people from the business and entertainment world.

 

Chaeyoung pressed his lips together and breathe out through his nostrils when he notices guys are already checking on her date. 'I knew this would happen!' Swear to God he can totally poke those eyes if he see it travel below Mina's shoulder right now.

 

"Mina, remember our plan, okay?" He whispered to her and place his hand on the back of her waist to pull her closer as if he was a tiger guarding his territory.

 

Mina just nodded while staring at him. He's so close to her again.

 

-


 

"Omo! Look!" Nayeon suddenly pulled her husband's arm's as they were walking towards her party.

 

"Huh?" Jeongyeon immediately shifted to where his wife was pointing. "Oh, it's Chaeyoung. Finally, he's here. Let's go and meet—"

 

"Wait!" Nayeon pulled her husband back. 

 

"Why?"

 

"Look carefully!" She gestures her hand to their son's direction again. 

 

"What? It's just Chaeyoung with his date..." he scoffed.

 

"Yeah. Exactly!" She blurted out. "My baby never brought a date before!"

 

"So? He's old enough to bring a date. Why are you making a fuss about it?"

 

"She's the reason why my baby hasn't visited me for these past weeks." Nayeon pouted and stares at her son who's currently busy removing his jacket to put it onto his date. "And look at the way he's staring at her, looks like he's been under a spell cast by that girl."

 

Jeongyeon smiled and decided to playfully pinched his wife's fluffy cheek. "Don't frown like that, you look ugly."

 

"Yah! What did you just said?!" She whines and hit Jeongyeon's chest with the pouch bag she was holding.

 

Jeongyeon chuckled. "I was just kidding." He pulled her closer and gave her a one quick passionate kiss. "Of course, you'll always be the most beautiful woman in my eyes." 

 

Nayeon glares at him but as her eyes traveled on his lips she suddenly smirked seeing a red lipstick stain on his lips

 

"Don't look at me like that. We'll get into that later." He whispered with a mischievous smile on his lips not knowing the real reason behind his wife's smirk. "Come on, let's meet Chaeyoung and his date."

 

 

-

 

"Those Amazonians should've at least gave you a shawl," Chaeyoung muttered as he was fixing his jacket he put on Mina. "It's quite cold tonight."

 

Chaeyoung sighed for the tenth time and stares at Mina just to found himself lost in her eyes again.

 

"Easy son, she might melt if you keep staring at her like that."

 

Chaeyoung straighten up and see his dad with her mom walking towards them.

 

"Dad, Mom!" Chaeyoung immediately approaches her mom and gave her a warm hug and a kiss on her forehead. "Happy birthday to the most beautiful mom in the world—oh, wait, my gift." 

 

He went back to Mina and smile at her before getting the gift he kept inside his jacket. Afterward, he finally gave the long little red box to her mom. 

 

"Thank you so much, son," Nayeon said with a smile and shifted her eyes to the girl beside her son.

 

"By the way son, I'm hearing quite a good news from your aunt Jihyo," Jeongyeon stated.

 

Chaeyoung went back beside Mina. "Of course, I have wonderful tut—wait" He stopped as he noticed something on his father's face. "Aish! Dad, please wipe up that lipstick stain on your lips." 'God! These two!' 

 

"What?" He confusingly check himself on his phone and immediately wipe out the said stain with his thumb. "Aish..." Jeongyeon glares at Nayeon. 

 

Nayeon just smirked and ignored her husband. "Now, son, care to introduce your date to us?"

 

"Ah, yeah! Well... She's...." He hold Mina's hand and felt her squeezing his hand. He took a glance at her who's giving him a warning look right now. "She's... She's Sharon."

 

"Sharon?"

 

"Y-Yeah! Sharon... Sharon Song." He said and smiles awkwardly. "Yeah, her name is Sharon Song."

 

"Oh, okay." Nayeon nodded and stares at Mina from head to toe before offering a handshake to her. She's actually quite surprised to see her son's date closely. The girl is pretty and has that sophisticated aura in her that somehow reminded her of someone she knew. "It's nice to finally meet you, Sharon. I'm Nayeon by the way and this is my husband, Jeongyeon." She glances at her husband and went back to Mina. "You know, you look quite familiar. Have we met before?"

 

"Yeah, you look familiar to me too," Jeongyeon said as he was curiously looking at Mina.

 

"Uhmm, she can't speak, guys," Chaeyoung said and gently pulled Mina's hand from the handshake. 

 

Nayeon and Jeongyeon look at him confusingly.

 

"She's mute." Chaeyoung shrugged and smiled widely at them. "And no, absolutely, no, you don't know her."

 

"Oh, sorry we didn't know." Nayeon surprisingly said and apologetically smiled.

 

Mina nodded and smiled at the couple.

 

"Uhmm... Thank you for coming to my birthday." Nayeon clasped her hand together. "Now I think I know why my son is getting busy these days." She pouted as she said then beamed at her son. "Why do I got this feeling that I won't be the most beautiful girl in my baby's eyes now."

 

Mina just smiled confused about what Nayeon meant.

 

"Well, so we'll leave you two here, for now, I'll just need to greet some other guests," Nayeon said as she excuses herself and her husband.

 

"Sure, enjoy your night, mom," Chaeyoung said as the couple leave.

 

"Yow, tiger!"

 

Chaeyoung frowned. "Oh no." He muttered and immediately tried to hide Mina on his back. 

 

"Hey! What's up?" Dahyun said as they approach. 

 

"Stop there! Don't come near here!" Chaeyoung said looking uneasy as he gestures his hand away from the two.

 

"Wait a minute," Tzuyu smirked and as the tallest among them, he easily gets the access to peek on the girl Chaeyoung is trying to hide behind him. "Oh..." he just stated as he was staring at the girl.

 

Dahyun shoved Chaeyoung's hand and take a look at why Tzuyu suddenly turned speechless. "Wait, why are you—Woah!"

 

Chaeyoung gritted his teeth in frustration.'Why the hell did mom invited these two?!'

 

"Uhmm, hi there miss." Tzuyu greeted Mina and was about to ask for a handshake when Chaeyoung quickly block it.

 

"Yah! Hands off guys! I don't want you touching my date, she has a quite bad allergic reaction from guys like you." He said frowning like a child who doesn't want to share his favorite toy.

 

"Like us?" Dahyun chuckled and tapped Chaeyoung's shoulder. "We're just the same kind brother!"

 

"Don't talk to her, she's mute, she can't speak." Chaeyoung shrugged off Dahyun's hand and guided Mina to their respective seat.

 

"Looks like someone is being possessive here," Dahyun said teasing entertained by looking at his friend.

 

 

-

 

They were in the middle of the party where everybody was having fun with their foods and drinks while Chaeyoung, on the other hand, can't seem to take off his eyes to his date who's currently enjoying the little show that his parents are having on the platform right now. His dad was already quite drunk and decided to sing a song to his mom.

 

Chaeyoung's attention was so focused on Mina that he didn't even notice that his friends already leave the table to probably flirt with some celebrity in the party right now.

 

The place was suddenly filled with laughter when Jeongyeon started to give Nayeon a y dance while she was sitting on the middle of the stage.

 

Chaeyoung close his eyes and shook his head. 'These two are so embarrassing!'

 

"Thank you for enjoying my performance everyone!" Jeongyeon said and bowed before pulling his wife to peck her a kiss. "Again, happy happy happy birthday to you, my love."

 

Nayeon gently hits his chest and chuckled from her husband's silliness.

 

"Your parents are really lovely." Mina leaned to Chaeyoung and whispered while adoring the couple on stage.

 

"By the way, DJ! Can you please play us some love song here I want to have a romantic dance with my birthday girl right now." Jeongyeon said raising his arm and went down to the dance floor while guiding Nayeon. "Come on everyone, come and join us here on the dance floor."

 

Mina was enjoying adoring the couple dancing when she notices Chaeyoung was currently giving her his mischievous smile. She knows that smile. She immediately shook her head.

 

"Come on, Minari. Let's dance." Chaeyoung got up from his seat and grabs her hand.

 

Mina's eyes widened and shook her head. 

 

He just smiled and now grabbed both of her hands to guide her to stand up.

 

"Chaeyoung..." she tried to complain in a whisper. 

 

"We're not going to dance here. Don't worry I got a better idea." He winked at her and before she can even disagree he gently pulled her guiding her inside their mansion.

 

"Chaeyoung, where are we going?" Mina looks around as they are walking up the stairs. 

 

Chaeyoung smiled at her as they finally reached the balcony. "It's better to dance with you here. No one could see and bother us here." He then reached for her both hands and slowly guide it to his shoulders, afterward he place his hands on her waist.

 

Mina took a glance at the people slow dancing down the party. She pressed her lips together and shifted back to Chaeyoung who's eyes right now seems to be shining from the reflection from the only light that the moon is giving them.

 

"Remember what I taught you?" Chaeyoung asked as he slowly begins to sway their body together while listening to the romantic music playing.

 

"O-Of course, I have a quite good memory and the instructor was really good." He felt her body stiffened, but later on, his dimple show off as he felt Mina begin to relax.

 

"Instructor? I think it's master for you, milady." Chaeyoung chuckled and gently pinched her chin. 

 

Mina smiled and stares at him as different thoughts was suddenly making noise inside her head right now. 

 

"Don't look at me like that...." Chaeyoung said and hold her both hands to guide her to turn around while not letting go of her hands. They were now both facing the moonlight as he was now hugging her from behind. "...I might kiss you." He whispered feeling his breath touching her ear.

 

Mina bit her lower lip. The thought of what he just said gives her chills down her spine. She can feel her heart beat pounding fast right now and she's afraid that Chaeyoung might notice it.

 

"Why you got to be so beautiful tonight?" Chaeyoung muttered and rest his chin on the crook of Mina's shoulder pulling her closer to his body as they continue swaying to the sound of music.

 

"Y-You're too close..." Mina said feeling suddenly nervous as she can feel Chaeyoung's breath touching her bare neck.

 

Chaeyoung just hugs her tighter and closed his eyes while feeling the music playing. 

 

There's always a mix feeling whenever she's with him. She wasn't exactly sure when it begins but he could always make butterflies fluttering inside her whole system every time he's near. But with all the commotion feelings that this guy is giving her she always ended up in comfort with him besides her. She's really curious how can this guy make her feel at ease and nervous at the same time. She shouldn't get used to these feelings but she thinks it's already late, she's selfishly enjoying every moment she's having with him.

 

"You know, there's a meteor shower coming this April. Let's watch it together, Mina."

 

"Chaeyoung..." she muttered looking at him from her side.

 

Chaeyoung adjusted his hug and kisses her cheeks near her ear. "Let's continue dating even after the contract."

 

Mina stopped and free herself from his hug. "No."

 

"What? Mina.."

 

"Chaeyoung we just agreed to date no more than two months."

 

"Then what's the point of this?" He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "We should just stop this here then."

 

Mina slowly nodded. "You're right. We should stop this now." She stated as she stepped back ready to walk away when Chaeyoung stop her by grabbing her arm.

 

"Yah, I was just kidding." He said in frustration and pulled her back to his arms again hugging her from behind. "Fine. Let's just not talk about it for now. Let's stay like this for a little longer." He stated then snuggle his face on the crook of her neck.

 

Mina pressed her lips together and closed her eyes. "Y-Yeah, a little longer..." she whispered through the air.

 

"Oh, a meteor!" Chaeyoung suddenly blurted as he was looking up the night sky.

 

Mina opened her eyes it immediately landed at Chaeyoung.

 

"Did you see that, Minari?" 

 

Mina nodded then shifted her eyes to the starry sky.

 

"Let's make a wish together," Chaeyoung said as he closed his eyes and gently planted a kiss on her head.

 

Mina smiled as she followed Chaeyoung, closing their eyes, making their own little hopes together.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung bit his inner cheeks as they finally got off from the elevator of their unit.

 

"Thank you for this night, Chaeyoung. It was really fun," Mina said as they stopped in front of her unit.

 

He bit his lower lip and nodded as he look at her.

 

"So, goodnight then." Mina smiled at him and opened her door. She was about to enter her unit when Chaeyoung stopped her.

 

"Mina, wait."

 

She looks at him in confusion.

 

"Uhmm, my jacket." He said gesturing his clothe.

 

"Ah, yeah. I'm sorry." She immediately took off his jacket and give it back to him. "Here you go. Thanks again."

 

"No problem," Chaeyoung said as he leaned against her door.

 

"I should go inside now."

 

Chaeyoung simply smiled nodding and opened the door for her.

 

"Good night again, Chaeyoung," Mina said holding the knob before finally closing the door.

 

"Ouch! My hand Mina!"

 

Mina quickly opened the door as she suddenly hear Chaeyoung scream in pain. Did she just crushed his fingers? "Chaeyoung what hap—"

 

Mina wasn't able to finish her sentence when Chaeyoung surprised her as he cup her face and quickly crushes his lips onto hers. Her eyes widened as she felt him nibbling her lower lip. She was about to push him but he already pulled away before she could.

 

"I haven't said my goodnight yet." Chaeyoung said with a smile of satisfaction on his lips. "Have a good night Minari!" He gently patted her head and finally went inside his unit leaving Mina speechless and blushing intensely as she was confusingly touching her lips.

 


 

 

 

 

kgi_tala

 

Long chapter for you guyssss. ;)



Any thoughts for the chapter? 
 

 


 

Stay safe everyone 🙏