Epilogue

My Fallen Meteor

5 years after

 

 

 

 

"Mom.."

 

"Chaeyoung, baby. Why did call so late?" Nayeon answered from the other line.

 

Sitting on the floor while staring blankly at it Chaeyoung took a deep sigh before he answered . "I...I can't take this anymore.."

 

"What are you saying? What do you mean?" Nayeon asked hearing her son's voice trembled. She was starting to get worried.

 

"S-She's going to leave me.." he stated as he frustratingly brushed his hair.

 

"Yah, Chaeyoung what do you mean she's going to leave you? Did something bad happened to Mina?"

 

He shook his head. "No.. But, she'll leave me." He stated and started to cry.

 

 "Why are you saying that? Tell me what happened, Chaeyoung."

 

"I-I didn't meant to got carried away. The girl was beautiful, I flirted with her and then next thing I knew I was kissing her but she suddenly hit me that's when I realized I was cheating on Mina—"  he said between his sobs and cried harder. "—! I'm such a bad husband."

 

"Son Chaeyoung!" 

 

Chaeyoung's eyes widened as he slowly turns his head from the direction of the voice who's calling him. "M-Mom, she's here. That girl is here." He crawled back as he tried to stop the girl from going near him by gesturing his other hand. "No, no.. don't come near me!"

 

"What are you doing?" The girl scoot down and look at him in both of confusion and annoyance.

 

"Mom! Look she's seducing me!" He yelled pointing at the girl. "No, please! I don't wanna cheat on my Minarii—" he was cut when the girl took his phone from him.

 

"Yah, Chaeyoung! What is happening there?" Nayeon worryingly asked in confusion. 

 

"Hello Mom, this is Mina." She answered as she heard Nayeon's voice.

 

"Eh? What's happening?"

 

"Chaeyoung and his friends kinda have a little reunion at Tzuyu's house and got totally wasted."

 

"But who's the girl he's talking about?"

 

"Well..." he glares at her husband who's currently begging to get his phone back. "... it was just me. He was just really intoxicated and mistaken me for another girl."

 

"Aish! That kid! He almost gave me an heart attack." Nayeon said as she was massaging her nape. "Take care of him for awhile. Don't worry we'll be there tomorrow and I'll surely let his dad nagged him about it."

 

Mina nodded and bid a goodbye to her mother-in-law before glaring back at Chaeyoung.

 

"Don't look at me like that. I don't wanna cheat on my wife, please!" Chaeyoung pleaded as he cover his eyes with his hands.

 

"I am your wife Chaeyoung." She tried to tell him.

 

"What?" He looked up to her in confusion. "No, no... you're not my wife..." He said as he look at her from head to toe. "...My wife, Mina,  she wears this bulletproof eyeglasses, and she has this long black hair that's always covering her face—just like one from that Japanese horror movie—" he explained. "—not you, you're.. you're like a goddess sent by Zeus just to seduce pure innocent men like me!"

 

Mina wanna copy Chaeyoung's mannerism to roll his eyes. Chaeyoung doesn't really drink much since they were married but in times when he does it always end up to something like this which she find it funny, and really annoying sometimes. She feels like she's babysitting a two year old kid.

 

Looking around, she saw both of Chaeyoung's friends also got totally wasted. Tzuyu was already knocked down on the floor while Dahyun keeps disturbing her bodyguards. 

 

She sighed and shook her head before calling the attention of her bodyguards to help her bring her husband inside their car.

 

"Yah, who are you?" Chaeyoung whined as he was being dragged by Momo and Sana. "Why are you suddenly kidnapping me?! Yah! Let me go! Mina is the only one who's allowed to kidnapped me!" He protest as they literally dragged him inside the car. "No! Please, someone help me!"

 

 

 

-

 

 

The next day 

 

 

Chaeyoung yawned as he was pushing the shopping cart. He was trying to look for his wife who suddenly disappeared. "Aish, where did she go now." He muttered as he brushed his nape. 

 

It was just nine in the morning and he's still sleepy from the hangover he had last night. He promised to Mina that he's going to go with her to buy some ingredients to cook for their family dinner later—yup, Mina now knows how to cook. Well, she's a fast learner indeed. She wouldn't be a genius for nothing.

 

He felt like his senses are still all over the place but for the love of his life of course, he doesn't mind if he won't ever get to sleep. 

 

As his eyes were busy looking for his wife Chaeyoung suddenly bumped into someone.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry." he said as he bowed.

 

"Chaeyoung?"

 

Chaeyoung looks straight at the person. His eyes widened and smiled as he recognized the person. "Somi!"

 

"Oh my god! It's been such a long time since we last saw each other!" Somi excitingly said as she gave him a quick hug. 

 

"Yeah, I thought you're still in Canada?." Chaeyoung happily asked his old friend. Somi is one of his childhood best friends along with Tzuyu and Dahyun. It was when they were in senior high school when Somi went back to Canada.

 

"Well, I'm having a business trip here and a little vacation at the same time. How about you, what's up? You look so tall now, huh."

 

"Well, yeah and you know..." smiling widely, he shrugged and brushed his hair. "...still gorgeous as ever."

 

"Aish, you still didn't changed." Somi said as she shook her head.

 

"Yah, I'm just telling the truth! Go and tryna ask everyone here." He confidently said as he playfully ruffled her hair. 

 

"Yah, stop that!"

 

He was still enjoying teasing his childhood friend when he notice Mina standing near them . "Minarii!"

 

Mina sighed as Chaeyoung finally noticed her.

 

"Where did you go? I've been looking for you." Chaeyoung said as Mina finally approached them.

 

"Says the one who suddenly disappeared." Mina whispered to Chaeyoung before she bowed and greet the woman in front of them.

 

Chaeyoung brushed his nape. Well, he just saw some of his favorite beauty product on sale! 'Who can ignore that?'

"Oh by the way guys. Mina this is Somi, a childhood friend of me, Tzuyu and Dahyun. Remember, the one I talked to you about?"

 

Mina smiled at Somi and offered her a handshake. "It's nice to finally meet you. I'm Mina by the way."

 

"Nice to meeting you as well." Somi said as she accepted the handshake. "So, you're Chaeyoung's girlfriend right?" 

 

"Well, actually..." Chaeyoung stated as he held Mina by her waist. "..She's my wife."

 

"Omo! Really? You're kidding right?" Somi said in surprised. 

 

Chaeyoung smirked and intertwined his hands together with her wife's hand to proudly show off the wedding ring that they're wearing.

 

"Oh gosh, it's real!" Somi said in disbelief and immediately congratulate the couple. "Sorry, I just..I just didn't even imagined that Chaeyoung will be the one to get married first. Now where is your plan and dream back then that you're going to 'conquer' the world with your oh-so-handsome-face before even thinking of settling down?" Somi jokingly asked.

 

 "What can I do? This woman is so much in love with me." Chaeyoung shrugged and pulled Mina's closer to him. "...And beside, I think I have already conquer it... my world." He said with a grin on his lips and guided Mina's hand so that he can give it a kiss.

 

Mina was immediately flustered, surprised from what Chaeyoung did. She look at him as if she wanted to ask why he did that in front of his friend.

 

Chaeyoung just giggled adoring his wife's expression. Even Mina looks quite different now—no eyeglasses—she now wears contacts—no more of her over dramatic bangs—she's still that strict emo penguin who blushes fast as if they weren't married for five years.

 

Somi just genuinely smiled watching the couple. 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

"Love, I have something for you." Chaeyoung excitingly said as he put down the bowl of fresh cesar salad on the table and joined his wife sitting on their couch who is currently busy playing games on her phone.

 

Chaeyoung grabbed a fork and scoop some on the bowl. "Minarii, say ah." He said trying to give the food to her.

 

Still focus on the game Mina took a bite on the food.

 

"How was it?"

 

Mina nodded. "Good."

 

"Just good?" 

 

To his dismay Mina didn't replied as she was again busy with the game she was playing on her phone.

 

"Aish, I shouldn't have taught you how to play video games if I just knew you're just going to ignore me like this." Chaeyoung muttered and pouted like a child.

 

He just then decided to rest his head on Mina's lap and turn on the television. As he was scanning the tv he stopped and tapped his wife's lap. "Look Minarii," he said calling the attention of his wife as he saw his new commercial flashing on the screen. "That outfit really looks good on me right?"

 

Again, Mina didn't even bother to move a bit.

 

Chaeyoung sat up and stares at his wife in disbelief.  "Aish, I even prepared this salad for you. And you're just going to ignore me. Don't you know the hard work I put on that just to make one for you?"

 

Still no response. For the long period that he's been with Mina there's one thing Mina is capable of making him really frustrated and that is ignoring him.

 

"Yah, Minarii." He stated as he leaned towards her phone blocking the screen with his head.

 

"Son.Chaeyoung." Mina glares at her husband. She just lost the game she was playing because of him.

 

"What? Are you going to choose that over me?"

 

"Why not?" 

 

"Hah!" Chaeyoung snorted and stood up with his hands on his waist looking at his wife in disbelief.

 

Mina just shrugged and decided to went back to her phone.

 

"You.. you prefer that over me, huh. Let's see." Chaeyoung scoffed and slowly nodded.

 

Mina just ignored him for awhile until she noticed that he was slowly leaning towards her. "Can't you see I'm busy here- w-what the hell are you doing Son Chaeyoung!" She almost screamed seeing her husband doing a y dance while removing his shirt in front of her.

 

Chaeyoung grin in triumph as Mina's face immediately flustered.   "You should've known that you can't just ignore me, love." He whispered to her ear with his seductive husky voice.

 

"C-Chaeyoung!"

 

Chaeyoung just mischievously smiled and moves back to unbuckle the belt of his shorts as he continued dancing.

 

"Y-Yah, stop that. " face all red Mina gulped hard and immediately tried to move away from him and cover her eyes using her phone.

 

Smirking, Chaeyoung is totally entertained teasing his wife. "I think there's no use for this." He said and shove her phone away.

 

Mina's eyes grew wider as her husband finally removed his shorts, leaving him with only his boxers shorts. He crawled onto her until her back was already leaning on the couch. "Y-Yah..C-Chaeyoung.." she tried to warn him.

 

"Why so shy, my Minarii?" He slowly leaned down as he mischievously stares at his wife's lips. He smirked. 'Hah! I knew it! She can't resist my charm—"

 

"Mama! Papa!"

 

Chaeyoung quickly closed his eyes in dismay hearing their son's voice and was surprised when Mina suddenly shoved him off causing him to fall on the floor.

 

"Oh gosh! Chaeyoung, quickly put your clothes on." Mina said while quickly picking up his clothes and gave it to him as she  pushed him away.

 

"Maybe their in the living room." They heard Jeongyeon said.

 

"Go!" Mina mouthed him in panic.

 

Chaeyoung with a flying kiss first before he quickly went inside the nearest room.

 

"Oh, there's your mom." 

 

Fixing herself Mina saw her three year old son rushing to her with his grandparents following him.

 

"Mama!" The boy immediately run to his mom to hug her.

 

"Hey, Seyoung baby." Mina scoot down and welcomed her son with a hug. "How's your sleep over with your momsie Nayeon and popsie Jeongyeon?"

 

"It's really fun and look mama!" The boy said releasing from the hug and show his outfit to his mom. "Momsie and Popsie took me to the movie, we watched the Toy Story and they bought me this."

 

"He's so into that movie. So, your mom decided to buy him that Woody costume when we saw it and he was just too excited and insisted to wear it already." Jeongyeon happily explained as he sat on the couch.

 

"Oh. Did you already said thank you to momsie and popsie?" Mina asked her son as she looks at his cowboy get up.

 

The boy immediately nodded showing off his cute dimples that he got from his father. He's kinda reminding her of someone with that outfit.

 

"Anything for my favorite cub." Nayeon said and softly pinched Seyoung's fluffy cheeks.

 

"Mama, where's papa?"

 

"Hey kiddo!"

 

"Papa!" The boy's eyes widened and immediately run to jumped onto his father.

 

"My boy! You're really getting heavier." Chaeyoung stated while carrying his son. "And what are you wearing?"

 

"I'm Woody today and see, I look so handsome in this right?"

 

"Of course! You're my son!" 

 

"But I'm more handsome than you papa."

 

"Yah, who said that? I was named the most beautiful man in Korea. How could you compete with that?" 

 

"Because mama, momsie and popsie told me so, and they even said I'm cuter than you." Seyoung said with a smug look on his adorable face causing him to get tickled by his father while still carrying him.

 

"Chaeyoung, careful you might drop him." Mina worryingly said as her husband started lifting their son up in the air.

 

"Papa why is your shirt upside down?" The kid curiously asked when his father got tired from tickling and lifting him.

 

"Huh? Ah this—"

 

"And why do you guys have this belt lying on the floor?" Nayeon asked as she was holding the said belt and look at both of Mina and Chaeyoung.

 

"Uhm I..Sorry, I misplaced it! I've been looking for this!" Chaeyoung put Seyoung down and immediately took the belt from his mother. 

 

"I-I'm gonna prepare dinner now." Mina suddenly said excusing herself.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

After having their family dinner just as they usually do every weekend, Jeongyeon and Nayeon played with their grandson and chat with the couple for awhile before they finally decided to go home. 

 

Comfortably sitting on the hammock at their spacious balcony, Mina hugs her son who's currently sitting on her lap.

 

"Mama, stars are so beautiful right?" The kid stated pointing up the sky.

 

"Yes, they are really beautiful." Mina said and nodded. "Baby, give me your hand." she suddenly suggested.
 

Seyoung looks at his mother confusingly before following what she said.

 

"Point your three fingers like this." Mina said guiding her child to his point finger, middle finger, and index finger. "That stars that you're pointing at is the orion belt. If you point your three fingers on that it will point exactly on that three stars" she stated guiding his hand.

 

"Woah! Cool!" The kids eyes widened in amusement.

 

Mina smiled seeing his reaction and kissed his irresistible fluffy rosy cheek.

 

"Can I see the orion belt everynight, Mama?"

 

"Well, it's always there.. it's just that sometimes it can be hidden by the clouds because of the weather."

 

"Are they always together like that?"

 

Mina nodded. "Yeah..."

 

Seyoung smiled as he leaned his body to his mother while still admiring the stars. "...It's like mama, papa and Seyoung."

 

Mina looks at her son. "Why'd you say so, baby?".

 

"They're like us three, we're always together." Seyoung adjusted to his seat and look at his mother. "We will always be together... right mama?"

 

Mina stares at her son a little surprised from what he just asked. She sighed before she finally answered . "O-Of course..."

 

"Forever?"

 

 She nodded and decided to smile and give her son a warm hug. "...Forever."

 

"Heyy!" Chaeyoung entered the balcony as he was holding a large box.

 

"Papa, what's that?" Seyoung curiously asked.

 

"A little gift for our little cub."

 

Seyoung's eyes immediately shimmered and get down from his mom excited to open the box. "Wow! A telescope!" 

 

He ruffle his son's hair as he see how happy Seyoung is from their little gift. He then set up the telescope then joined his wife on the hummock.

 

"So glad that you like it, baby. When me and your father saw that earlier we remember you. So, we immediately bought that." Mina stated.

 

"This is so cool! Thank you so much, mama, papa!" The kid run to them and tried to hug them both at the same time.

 

"Group hug!" Chaeyoung said and quickly wrapped his wife and son in his arms.

 

"It's really cool! I'm definitely going to show this to uncle Dahyun and uncle Tzuyu." The kid said and went back to his new toy.

 

"Aish, that kid sometimes is a little show off." Chaeyoung commented as he lay his back down the hummock.

 

Mina looks at her husband with her one brow lifted. "I wonder where he gets that?"

 

Chaeyoung chuckled and wrapped his arms on Mina's waist pulling her to lay down with him. "Yeah, I wonder." He said grinning then planted a kiss on her temple. Indeed, their son mostly got his genes and ...yeah he also got his —always loving the spotlight personality.

 

A moment later Seyoung suddenly jumped out of excitement. "Omo! Mama, papa, I just saw a meteor."

 

Mina sat up. "Did you make a wish?"

 

Seyoung immediately nodded and run back to his mother and buried his face on her tummy.

 

"What did you wish for?"

 

Seyoung looks up to his parents showing off his dimples while shyly smiling. He then giggled and whispered to his mom.

 

Mina chuckled. "Why don't you ask your father about it."

 

Seyoung pouted contemplating if he will tell it to his father or not.

 

"Yah, why are you smiling like that."

 

He then comes to Chaeyoung and hugs him. "Papa I want to go to the amusement park. Let's ride the roller coaster and Ferriswheel!"

 

Chaeyoung widened his eyes surprised from his son's request. He gulped. "Yah, cub. Amusement park is not a really good place for dating."

 

"Huh? Dating?" Seyoung pouted in confusion.

 

"What are you saying? My baby is still young to date anyone." Mina said glaring at her husband.

 

Chaeyoung rolled his eyes and explained to his son. "What papa meant is that you're still young, you need to be at least seven years old to ride on those things."

 

Seyoung pouted. "But that's like one thousand, two hundred and eighty days from now."

 

He look at the kid in disbelief then shifted to his wife who's suddenly chuckling. Okay, the kid got a lot from him but not that. Chaeyoung really hates math.

 

The family stayed on the balcony having their good time together until they noticed Seyoung was already sleeping comfortably on Mina's lap.  The couple then decided to call it a night. 

 

Chaeyoung carried their little boy and tucked him into his bed before going back to their own room.

 

"Love, I know I'm handsome stop staring too much." Chaeyoung mischievously said to Mina who's lying on bed next to him. 

 

Mina creased her brows and look at him while shaking her heard.

 

"Hehe. Come here," He pecked a kiss on her lips and guided her to rest her head on his chest. "Something's bothering you?" 

 

"Well....Chaeyoung..."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I just remember what your friend said earlier."

 

"Somi? What about it?"

 

It took a moment before Mina sighed and speaks. "What if... What if you never met me?" She looks up to him. 

 

"My face is all over Korea, Minarii. You can't resist my charm, you'll surely fall head over heels and hunt me one way or another." He jokingly answered and softly pinched her chin.

 

Mina pouted. "I'm serious, Chaeyoung."

 

Chaeyoung sighed and stares at her as if memorizing all of Mina's facial details. "Then I wouldn't be this happy."

 

Mina bit her lower lip. "...You still got a lot of dreams and--"

 

"--Listen. My dream wouldn't be a dream if it doesn't includes you." He said and cupped her face with his hands. "You're the best thing that ever happened in my life, Mina. You're my dream and the most important thing in the world to me... You and our little cub." Chaeyoung planted a kiss on her temple. "Stop worrying too much okay?"


Feeling grateful with the man staring at her, Mina pressed her lips together and gave him a genuine smile. "Thank you for coming to my life." She said almost in a whisper.

 

Chaeyoung caressed her cheek with his one hand. "Thank you for kidnapping me, Minarii." He softly giggled  and hugs her tightly. "Maybe If there's something I really want to change in the past is that I should've met you earlier." He said and moved to hover over her. "You should've kidnap me sooner than that."

 

Mina giggles and cupped his face with her hands. "I love you so much, Mr. Son Chaeyoung."

 

"I love you more, Mrs. Son Mina." He said and kissed her mole on the bridge of her nose. "I love you in every seconds..." he then started to kiss every mole on her face. "..I love you in every minute, in every hour, in every day, in every week , in every month, in every year...." he sighed and stares at her with so much love in his eyes. "I love you and I will love you forever no matter what happen." He muttered leaning closer to her and soon he finally decided claim her lips.

 

Enjoying the moment a drop of small tear suddenly fell down from Mina's eyes. A tear of joy. She can't help but to smile between the kisses. She feel so grateful. She didn't know what she did in her past life to be this lucky to have Chaeyoung in her life.
 

If ever Mina was given a chance to take her illness away but never got to meet Chaeyoung, she will definitely gonna refuse to take that chance. He is her meteor who gave her hope, love and everything that she never even thought about in her life before. And now they have their little Seyoung around making their life more colorful and exciting each days... She feel so blessed in everything that she has right now and she could not ask for more.

 

 


 


 

 

Fin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you so much for joining and supporting me in this story. I know it's not a perfect story and all but still you guys supported and love this fanfic. You guys are amazing! I love ya'll <3<3<3 TT^TT

 

Now that I finished this one I'm gonna continue my other Michaeng fanfic 'Twice a Fool' and my new 2yeon fanfic 'Miss Perfect in Disguise' —which will be a short story like this one. I'll update those two soon if I'm not that busy.

 

By the way..This story was inspired from my favorite local book and of course Junkudo's Broken Flower/Withered (that for sure you all have read or at least knew, right?) that was really the one who pushed me to do this. I know, it's totally different from her/his story but the flow of that story and the emotion of the characters there are just so fascinating it inspired me a lot to make my MiChaeng character's a little different and I tried to focus on the personality I gave them to somehow pull off that emotions that I want you guys to feel, at least somehow. 

Hehehe. So yeah... I'm really into Withered fanfic  that I feel like my heart clenches in pain whenever Michaeng's character suffers, plus the uncertainty that the story is giving me is kinda making me anxious and excited at the same time... So, authornim if you read this by any chance(probably not) I really want to thank you for inspiring me and you know how much your shy monkey loves you, right? Hehe Saranghae! <3<3<3


 

So, that's it.. Again, thank you so much everybody! <3<3<3

 

 

Stay home and stay safe everyone 🙏