Chapter 8

My Fallen Meteor

 

 

"I really can't understand you, Mina." Chaeyoung blurt out as they finally find their respective seat in the VIP sitting section. They are now at a famous concert hall in Seoul for Michael Bubblé's concert as it was Mina who decided on the place they'll be going today for the first time and now Chaeyoung, on the other hand, is totally regretting it as he let her do so.

 

"What do you like so much about Michael Bublé?" He asked while scowling his face as he adjusted his black cowboy hat which is a part of his cowboy getup right now. 

 

"I love him, I love his songs," Mina answered with an excitement and anticipation visible in her eyes.

 

"What? You love him?" Chaeyoung brows furrowed. The crowds started to make noises as the singer started to step on the stage. "Yes, he can sing but he's not that good looking." He tried to say it to her and make his voice louder so that she can hear it, but to his dismay, the girl's attention is already stuck at her favorite singer performing  on the stage.

 

Chaeyoung look at Mina in disbelief. 'Aish! How could she ignore me like this?' He leaned towards her side and tried to get her attention again. "He's already married." 

 

Still no response.

 

"Mina, Minarii..." Chaeyoung laid his right arm on the top rail of Mina's seat as he leaned closer to her. "...I think I forgot the lesson you taught me in chapter five. Let's just go back to the condo and so that we can—"

 

"Chaeyoung, can you please keep quiet for a while? People are trying to enjoy the concert here." Mina said glaring at him. "And please take off your hat, you're covering other people's view."

 

He pouted but immediately followed her order. 

 

He slouched on his seat and look—glare at the singer who's currently passionately performing on stage. 'What the hell did she like about this guy?' He can sing and his songs are good, yes—though he's not familiar with the most of it. But staring at his face, Chaeyoung sees nothing special to him. His face and his body proportion? Chaeyoung can only rolled his eyes.  "She can't really see clearly with her eyeglasses, I should definitely buy her a new one." He muttered to himself out of his annoyance..

 

As the concert continued the crowds were all having fun to Michael Bubblé performance. You can see that to everyone's face—well, except for this one person who just can't seem to buy it.

 

"Omo! Did you hear that, Mina?" He said tapping Mina's shoulder to get her attention. "His voice just cracked!" He said laughing at the singer's little mistake as he tried to reach the last high note on the song he was singing. 

 

Mina sighed in displeasure as she noticed the people around them was glancing at their seat with a visible annoyance on their face. She apologetically bow at them on behalf of this childish guy beside her. "Chaeyoung..."

 

"What? It's just so funny—he just—"

 

"Son Chaeyoung."

 

As Chaeyoung heard his name being called by Mina in a really scary warning tone, he automatically stops. He gulped and tried to avoid her dreadful glare while adjusting his bolo tie with his left hand as his right arm was still leaning on the rail of her chair.

 

Now that Mina can see that Chaeyoung seems to be coordinating now, her attention shifted back to her favorite performer.

 

"This next song is actually a cover from one of my favorite classic songs..." Michael Bubblé said as an introduction to his next song. "So 60's and 70's teenagers here, I think you all knew this by heart, right? Probably, huh? No, I was just kidding, I know we're all into Twice now, right?" He said in a comedic way which made his audiences laugh and smile on their seat. It was one of the reasons why people like Mina love the guy. He always made his audience feel connected to him with his bubbly personality showing within his performances. "I think we'll see about that. Maestro!" He raised his hand to signaled the band to play the music.

 

Chaeyoung widened his eyes as he heard the intro playing 'I know this song.'

 

He smirked, a sudden mischievous smile appeared on his lips. He looks at Mina as his free hand quickly finds its way to hers and intertwines it together. 

 

Mina in surprise confusingly look at Chaeyoung. She was about to ask for why he did that when she suddenly stiffened from her seat as she felt his breath touching the skin near her ear. He was singing along to the song.

 

"Wise men say only fools rush in... But I can't help falling in love with you..." As expected Mina immediately blushes. Chaeyoung proudly smile and even went closer to her until his lips were finally touching her ear. "Shall I stay, would it be a sin.... If I can't help falling in love with you?" 

 

He closed his eyes as he continued singing along. "Like a river flows surely to the see... Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be..."

 

"Take my hand, take my whole life too...For I can't help falling in love with you.." Chaeyoung gently squeezes Mina's soft hand and slowly bringing it on top of his chest and next, he brought it to his lips kissing it with full gentleness. "For I can't help falling in love with you.."

 

Chaeyoung opens his eyes as the song ended and was amused to see Mina's face looking like a red tomato stoned on her seat right now. He proudly smiled and for the first time, he joined the crowd clapping their hands to Michael's recent performance. His eyes mischievously shifted back to Mina then grabs her hand and automatically gave it a kiss again. He leaned towards the still stoned Mina and whispered. "Didn't I mentioned to you that I also got a voice to die for?"

 

 

-

 

 

Mina didn't know how she survived the whole concert. She really wasn't able to focus on the show as Chaeyoung was always singing ang teasing her whenever he can sing along to the song. He would always join the song to her in whispers with his lips touching her ears and rubbing his cheek with her hand that he never gave the chance to let go until the show ended. 

 

She touches her cheeks as she feels her blood rushing up to her face again. She close her eyes. By just thinking about those silly things Chaeyoung did earlier really makes her blush like crazy.

 

"Hey, Minari. Are you okay?" Chaeyoung asked on the girl weirdly covering her face on the passenger seat of his car.

 

Eyes surprised Mina look at him. "Yeah... I'm fine."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

She nodded and immediately shifted her eyes on the road trying to focus her attention to it..

 

He smiled at her before he turn his steering wheel going right. "Don't worry, we're almost there."

 

 

-

 

 

"There you go," Chaeyoung stated as he placed their food in a paper bag on the hood of his car. After the concert, he decided to bring Mina to the beach and eat near the shore.

 

He seated on the hood of his car as he watches Mina excitedly rush towards the shore. 

 

"This feels so good," Mina stated as she closes her eyes and breathed in the fresh breeze touching her pale skin. She smiled and opens up her eyes to watch the stars beautifully shining up the sky. A moment later he looks at Chaeyoung and approached him. "Thank you so much for bringing me here."

 

"It's relaxing here, right?" Chaeyoung asked offering her the burger they ordered from a drive-thru restaurant earlier.

 

"Yeah, it is..." Mina nodded and accepted the food then she sits next to him. She looks up at the night sky again. "It's really calming here."

 

Chaeyoung stares at her for a moment and then shifted at the starry night sky that Mina is joyfully watching. "This is better than watching Michael Bubblé's concert."

 

Mina just simply smiled and didn't bother to reply to the thoughts that the guy besides her is uttering.

 

"Oh, I remember!" Chaeyoung suddenly look at Mina and called for her attention. "Mina!"

 

"Hm?" She looks at him with a question written on her face.

 

Chaeyoung bit his lower lip before speaking. "Be my date at my mom's birthday party this coming Saturday night."

 

Mina's brows immediately furrowed. "No..."


"What? Wait, let me--"

 

"Remember our contract, Chaeyoung." 

 

"Yeah, I know that. But don't worry, no one would know about it. I got a plan so that no one could recognize you—"

 

"It's a no, Chaeyoung."

 

"Please, just this one Mina. Come on." He pouted as he was begging for her approval.

 

"Rule number six, no one should know about us dating, not even your friends nor your family."

 

"But Mina—"

 

"—I don't wanna repeat myself." She stated firmly and went back to what she was doing.

 

Chaeyoung dropped his shoulder in dismay. "Fine! I'm not going to talk to you then." He said crossing his arms together and pouted like a child who just lose to his favorite game.

 

A few minutes later Chaeyoung took a glance at Mina who didn't seem to care about his recent childish act as she continued with her food while watching the starry night sky. 

 

He scoffed. 'Hah! This girl is unbelievable! How could she ignore me for real?' "Yah, I said I'm not going to talk to you." 

 

Mina shifted her eyes at him. "Then why are you talking to me?" She said then suddenly took her phone out from her coat. 

 

He opened his mouth to answer her but then he just furrowed his eyebrows and pouted again.

 

"Hello, Jackson. I need you to pick me—" she wasn't able to finish her sentence when Chaeyoung took her phone.

 

"She needs you to pick up some fresh strawberries tomorrow. Yeah, she said it. Well, she's having fun with me. Okay, yeah, bye!" He ended the call and look at Mina. "Yah! What are you doing?" 

 

"You said you're not going to talk to me, so I'm calling my bodyguards to pick me up here." She simply answered.

 

He rolled his eyes and give her phone back to her. "Well fine, I forgive you"

 

"Why are you forgiving me? I didn't do anything wrong to you." She confusingly asked.

 

Again, he rolled his eyes and adjusted his seat. "Let's just finish these foods." he just said and took his last large bite to his burger.

 

As Mina was finishing her food she noticed Chaeyoung keeps taking glances at her. She was not bothered by it until he went closer to her and rest his head onto her shoulder. 

 

Chaeyoung felt Mina stiffened to his sudden action. "Can't you really come with me?" 

 

"C-Chaeyoung..."

 

"Please...." He looks up to her now resting his chin on her shoulder showing his puppy eyes trying out his luck.

 

Mina bit her lower lip and she let a few seconds past before she deeply sighed and finally answered. "Fine. I'll go with you."

 

"What?" Chaeyoung blinks his eyes twice. "Are you serious? Really?" He suddenly stands up looking at her surprise to what she just said. 'Finally! She's coming with me!'

 

Mina just nodded while watching his reaction.

 

He threw a punch through the air with his excitement then quickly lean towards Mina to cupped her cheeks. "You're not taking it back alright?"

 

Startled to Chaeyoung's sudden closeness Mina slowly nodded. Why does he always need to be this close to her?

 

Chaeyoung's eyes seem to shimmer in happiness as he was staring intensely at her. A sudden adrenaline quickly rush through his veins and without even thinking in just a swift he planted a kiss on her soft lips. "Oops! Sorry!" He immediately apologized but his face was not really looking apologetic for what he just did. He was grinning!

 

Mina was speechless from what just happened. He just gave her her first kiss! 

 

"Oh, it looks like it's gonna rain! I think we should pack up and go back to our condo now." He stated with a broad smile on his lips looking unbothered by the heavy rain slowly starting to pour.

 

 

 

 

 

 

©️kgi_tala

 

 

By the way, did I mentioned that this Fanfic is just going to be a short story? 🙊🙊🙊There'll be only four or five chapters left. 😬😬😬
 

 

Stay safe everyone.  🙏