Chapter 12

My Fallen Meteor

"You're still here?"

 

Chaeyoung looked up as his father enters the room. He's inside his father's office right now busy working on some documents on his laptop.

 

"Yah, didn't I told you to go home and take a break?" Jeongyeon said as he walks towards his son.

 

"Yeah but I need to finish this one first," Chaeyoung answered as he shifted back his full attention on the laptop in front of him.

 

"I'm really glad that you start taking interest in our business now... But don't overdo it, son." Jeongyeon crossed his arms around his chest and sighed as he leaned his lower body on the desk where his son is working.

 

"Don't worry dad. I'm actually having fun with this." He said without taking off his eyes on the screen.

 

Jeongyeon stares at him for a moment before he speaks again. "Yeah, you're having much fun you already have dark circles around your eyes." Jeongyeon snorted and hold his son's chin. "Aish, look at that. There's already a stubble on your face. I haven't seen that for a long time."

 

Chaeyoung simply hissed as he gently shoves his father's hand.

 

"You know, I was really happy and surprised when you came to me and told me that you wanted to start learning about our business even you passed the agreement that we had with Ms.Myoui..."

 

His jaw suddenly clenches as he heard the latter. It's almost two weeks now since he got to meet and talk to Mina's father and everything from that day seemly to went by painfully slow that he hates every second of it. To get through the days, he pushes himself in schoolwork, his modeling job, and just lately he started taking up responsibility on their family's construction business.

 

"...But as I am looking at you right now I can see that something is bothering you, you're not being yourself." Jeongyeon stated as he curiously looks straight at his son.

 

"I don't know what you're trying to say, dad..." Chaeyoung scoffed and force a smile.

 

"Son, you're not like this. Have you tried to look at yourself in the mirror? Where did my looks conscious son go?"

 

"Dad, I'm perfectly fine." 

 

"Chaeyoung—" Jeongyeon was suddenly interrupted when someone knocks on the door. 

 

It was his secretary. "Sorry to disturb you, sir. But Director Jeong Eunji from Apink Firm is already here waiting inside the conference room for the emergency meeting this afternoon."

 

"God, I almost forgot." Jeongyeon sighed. He looks at his son again and tapped his shoulder. "We'll talk later after this..."

 

As his father finally leave the room Chaeyoung sighed and brushes his hair with his two hands then lean his elbows on the table.  "I'm perfectly fine." He scoffed as he remember what he just said earlier. 

 

 

-

 

 

If not spending his time with schoolwork, modeling, or in their construction business Chaeyoung always finds his way to keep his mind occupied by forcing to entertain himself in the bar with alcohol besides him.

 

He was about to take another shot from the bottle of beer on his hand when someone suddenly took it away from him.

 

Chaeyoung massages his forehead as his brows furrowed in irritation and glares at Dahyun who's standing in front of him holding his bottle. 

 

"Are you really going to be a loner here? Me and Yoda are already having fun with the girls on the dance floor. Come on!" Dahyun said and tried to pull Chaeyoung off his seat.

 

"Get off me.." Chaeyoung said as he shoved Dahyun's hands on his arm.

 

"Come on, dude. Stop sulking." Dahyun insisted.

 

"Just give that back to me, will you?" Chaeyoung firmly said as he tried to get his beer back but Dahyun only draw it away from him.

 

Chaeyoung clenches his jaw and sighed in irritation.

 

"You've been acting weird and grumpy these days..." Dahyun stated as he seated beside his friend and get a shot from Chaeyoung's bottle. "..Let me guess, that Sharon girl dumped you, right?"

 

Chaeyoung didn't respond and just took a deep breath as he stares at his empty bottles in front of him.

 

"Hah! I knew it!" Dahyun chuckled and tapped his friend's shoulder. "Don't worry, my friend. There's still a lot of fish in the sea!" He stand up and tried to pull his friend's arm to get him off on his seat. "Let's go. Get up there and let's find that fish! She might be here somewhere—"

 

Chaeyoung shoved his hands again.

 

"Yah," Dahyun stares at his friend in confusion and shortly chuckled. "So, this is how a broken-hearted Son Chaeyoung looks like."

 

Chaeyoung just firmly pressed his lips and massage his forehead not bothering to respond nor look at his friend.

 

Dahyun scoffed and shook his head. "I should definitely film this and show this to your beloved fans!" He playfully said and grab his phone from his pocket and started filming his sulking friend. 

 

"Stop that," Chaeyoung muttered.

 

"Now, here's the perfectly handsome model Son Chaeyoung, sulking in depress from a heartbreak—"

 

"I said ing stop that!" Chaeyoung bursts out and harshly shoved Dahyun's arm that causes him to lose his balance and fall his on the ground which caught the attention of some people inside the bar.

 

Now flustered in annoyance Dahyun immediately got up from his fall. "Damn it!" He clenches his jaw as his eyes narrow glaring at his friend. "What the hell is ing wrong with you?!"

 

Chaeyoung just brushes his hair in frustration and decided to turn away to leave the place when Dahyun suddenly grabbed his shoulder and pulled it to make him face him again. "Get off me..."

 

"I didn't know you could act ty like this, because of what, because a girl suddenly left you?!"

 

Firmly pressing his lips together Chaeyoung pushes Dahyun to shove him away.

 

" it!" Dahyun steps forward and immediately grabs Chaeyoung's collar. "Stop being a ing bull just because a girl left you! The world won't stop spinning even if that girl dies!"

 

 "What did you just say?!" In a swift Chaeyoung also grabs Dahyun's collar as his muscle tense up from his rage. His hands tremble as he firmly grips to Dahyun's clothing. 

 

"Yah! Chaeyoung! Dahyun!" Tzuyu immediately rushes to his friends as he noticed his friends were about to brawl. "What the hell is happening here?!" He asked in confusion as he stands between the two. 

 

"That guy..." Dahyun gestures his hand to Chaeyoung and slowly shook his head.

 

"I don't think I know him...That's not Chaeyoung, that's not our friend!"

 

"What the hell are you saying?" Tzuyu confusingly asked. "Can you just tell me what really happened and—" He wasn't able to finish his sentence when a sudden loud thud interrupts him.

 

"C-Chaeyoung..." Dahyun muttered looking shock.

 

Tzuyu curiously turns around and his eyes quickly widened as he found his other friend lying on the ground. "—Chaeyoung!?" He rush to his friend and tried to wake him up. "What the hell! Dude, wake up!"

 

 

 

-

 


 

 

As his eyes slowly open Chaeyoung found himself lying on the bed with an unfamiliar surrounding. He looks around and finally noticed that he's inside a hospital room.

 

Sighing, he noticed his phone on the cabinet beside his bed. He immediately grabs it and dialed the same number he's been calling for a thousand times already.

 

He clenches his jaw and put his phone down. He let out another heavy sigh as he lifelessly stares at the ceiling.

 

He stayed like that for minutes until someone enters the room.

 

"My god, Chaeyoung, my baby!" Nayeon said as she saw her son lying on the hospital bed. She quickly rushes towards her son. 

 

"I heard what happened last night from Tzuyu and Dahyun," Jeongyeon stated as he follows his wife. "What's happening to you? You've been acting so different for almost two weeks and now look at you, you just fainted from fatigue and stress."

 

Chaeyoung just sighed and continues gazing blankly at the ceiling.

 

Nayeon stares at her son in pity as she sits next to him on the bed. His hair was all messy, stubbles was already appearing on his face and his eyes seems to be swollen. "My son, I'm not used to see you like this." 

 

"Chaeyoung, please tell us what in the world is happening to you? You're making me and your mom really worried." Jeongyeon asked but he got no answer from Chaeyoung.

 

"My son..." Nayeon wraps her son in her embrace. "Chaeyoung, I don't want to see you like this... You know you can tell us everything,... So, Please tell us what's bothering you. Is it about school? Work? Did you and Sharon had a big fight? What—"

 

"—do you know about Mina's condition?" Voice trembling Chaeyoung finally speaks to ask her.

 

"Mina?" Nayeon pulled back from the hug and look at him in confusion. "Do you mean Myoui Mina?"

 

Chaeyoung sighed heavily as he slowly nodded and place his arm above his eyes covering it from his parents.

 

"Well, yeah... I-I know about her illness..." Nayeon answered and took a glance at her husband with a question in her eyes.

 

"Son, what the hell does it have to do with your current state?" Jeongyeon curiously asked.

 

"Wait a minute..." Nayeon stated as her eyes widened when she came up with a sudden realization. "—Don't tell me... The girl from the party... your girlfriend, Sharon... is she... is she Myoui Mina?"

 

Chaeyoung bit his lower lip as Nayeon noticed a tear suddenly falls down from the side of his eyes.

 

Nayeon covers with her hands from the unspoken confirmation. "Oh, God."

 

"What? You're actually dating the Myoui's daughter?" Jeongyeon asked in disbelief. 

 

"Not anymore dad... She left me..." Chaeyoung answered with his arm still covering his eyes as he still tries to hide his emotion. "I tried to look for her again but she's not in their mansion anymore... She's not answering my calls... I went to every ing hospital here in Seoul but I still can't find her..." his voice trembles as he speaks. "...I even hired detectives just to find her but still, she's nowhere to be found..."

 

Nayeon bit her lower lip as she was watching Chaeyoung's current state. Her heart is really breaking in pieces seeing her son like this. 

 

"...Mom... Dad... I badly want to see her. I don't know what to do anymore, I already did everything..."His shoulders shuddered as he decided to finally hugs her mom back. "Mom... please, help me. You got a lot of connections, right? Please... I'm begging you, mom... Please... Help me find her..." 

 

 

 

 

-

 


 

 

Another day slowly passed by for Mina. She's inside of an exclusive room of a known private hospital in Japan right now... all alone lying in bed as she watches the heavy rain pours outside the window. 

 

She let out a deep sigh as she suddenly remembers how she first saw Chaeyoung. It was also raining hard in Korea that day and it seems like it's complementing the emotion she was having from a terrible news she received just a minutes ago... she was diagnosed with leukemia and it's already terminal. 

 

As she was walking in the hallway in the hospital with her bodyguards following her, she can't help but to feel so depressed. There so many things that she still wants to experience in life and she hates the fact that her chances to do it is now impossible.

 

The moment they learned about her rare blood, Mina's father did everything to protect her and because of that she never experienced to live like a normal girl would. She was sheltered as she grew up, she was homeschooled, she regularly went to the hospital for conserving her blood. She thought nothing can get worse in her situation but unfortunately, here she is facing another threat in her life.

 

"Nothing in life can get better than living your life to its fullest!"

 

Mina stopped at her steps as she looks at the tv screen in the waiting area of the hospital.

 

"That's what we really like about you, Chaeyoung, full of positivity in life! Now, I think that's the reason why you're one of the most in-demand models in Asia right now."  The interviewer happily said to the guy sitting beside him. "By the way, before we end this program can you give another inspiring advice for our viewers?"

 

"Chaeyoung..." Mina muttered as she continue to watch the guy on the program not noticing her expression suddenly changed and soften.

 

"Of course." The guy confidently said as he showed off his dimple in his canine smile while looking straight at the camera. "Well, do what makes you happy. Be a person who's not afraid to risk for something that is unexpectedly making you smile and making you feel complete because that's the sign that you're only just one step away from that great dream you never thought you have."

 

From that moment Mina instantly felt a great curiosity for the guy. Curious that she wanted to know more about him, curious that she wanted to know what's the reason behind those words that he speaks, curious that she did everything in her might and her family's power to get close to the guy. It was a selfish act, but back then she was so desperate to the sudden feeling that's making her want to risk for the first time in her life.

 

After reminiscing the scene a faint smile appeared on Mina's lips before she heard someone knocks on the door. 

 

It was her dad. "Mina, someone is here to see you..." he said as he was standing near the door.

 

Her brows furrowed in sudden confusion. "Who would—" she didn't get to finish her sentence as she saw the person who suddenly enters the room. "C-Chaeyoung.."

 

He was wearing a bull cap as he was stiffly standing behind her dad. He was staring at her in an unreadable expression.

 

"I should leave you two for a moment," Her father said as he excuses himself.

 

As they were finally alone, Mina's guilty emotion started to rise up again making her eyes becomes unsteady as she was staring at the guy she tried to avoid for weeks. He's just standing an inches away from her.

 

"Mina..." Chaeyoung finally muttered and immediately rushes to her side.

 

Her tears finally fall down as she saw Chaeyoung sat down on the side of her bed.

 

"Why are you crying? Don't you want to see me?" Chaeyoung asked as he stares at her.

 

Mina shook her head as she sobs between her tears. "Chaeyoung, I'm sorry... I-I'm really sorry..."

 

"Shhh... don't cry, Minari." Chaeyoung sighed and come closer to her so that he can cup her cheeks to wipe the tears that are falling down on her cheeks. 

 

"Y-You're right I'm selfish, I shouldn't bother you, I—"

 

"Shh..." Chaeyoung suddenly kissed her forehead and wrapped her inside his embrace. "I was honestly mad when you left without leaving me any explanation but that's it... I don't think I can stay mad to the woman I got to fall in love with."

 

Mina's eyes widened and pulled herself from his hug. "No, Chaeyoung..." she said slowly shaking her heard.

 

Chaeyoung tucks her hair into her ear that was covering her face before he speaks. “You can't just say no, Mina. We don't have a contract anymore."

 

"But you shouldn't.... I don’t deserve you..”

 

"Listen Mina... if I can just forget you like every woman in my past, I would have easily done it. But you're different, I'm not really sure when it started but I started to wake up every day wanting to make you smile, needing to see you smile like I can't live a day without it." Chaeyoung cups her face again as he intently looks at her eyes. "In a short period of time I got used to being with you that's why when you leave me just like that I was completely lost, I don't know what to do."

 

"But Chaeyoung...”

 

"Why? Don't you feel the same way for me?"

 

Mina quickly shook her head. "It's not that. Do you think I'll cry like this if I don't?"

 

"Then tell me.” 

 

"I don't wanna hurt you, Chaeyoung... You know I can't be with you forever. I am bound to leave you soon—"

 

"—No..." Chaeyoung grabs her hands. "...You’re bound to spend the rest of your life with me.." He smiled and lifted her other hand to plant a kiss on it.. "Marry me after you recover from your operation..." he bit his lower lip as he looks at her. “Minari, just say yes because I won't take no for an answer.”

 

Looking at Chaeyoung, Mina bit her lower lip as she cried harder.

 

"W-Why are you crying like that?" Chaeyoung confusingly asked. "Do you want to get married now? I'll immediately contact a lawyer or a priest if you want to and—"

 

Now a soft chuckles suddenly escaped from Mina between her sobs. 

 

"Yah, I'm serious here, Mina." He said pouting from the reaction he got from the girl.

 

She was still chuckling as she wipes and dry up her tears.

 

"Aish! You're not taking me seriously. Don't you know I struggled a lot just to find you—and look!" Chaeyoung said as he suddenly removed his bull cap. 

 

Mina's eyes widen to her surprise. Chaeyoung’s head is now shaved in buzz.

 

"You're going to undergo chemotherapy, right? You're going to lose your hair so I did this prove my undying love for you."

 

Mina stares at him both in shock and amusement.

 

"Yeah, I know. I'm amazing right?" He proudly said while being melodramatic.

 

Mina widely smile and hugs him tightly. "But Chaeyoung.."

 

"Hmm?" He muttered as he closes his eyes enjoying the feeling of her warm embrace.

 

"...Actually, the reason why we chose to go back here in Japan is that there's a newfound medication here aside from chemotherapy."

 

His eyes suddenly widen. "A-And what does it means?...."

 

"That means..." Mina moves and face him to cup his face. She smiled awkwardly. "...I'm not going to lose my hair."

 

"What?" Chaeyoung's jaw almost dropped in terror.  "Oh great." He pouted and snuggles back into her neck.

 

Mina bit her lower lip contemplating if she's going to cry or laugh from what Chaeyoung did. She sighed and decided to do both as he hugs him back while hearing him whines about his precious hair.

 

They stayed like that for a moment until Chaeyoung called her name. "Yah, Minari...”

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Tell me... Did you miss me?"

 

Mina smiled and hugs him tightly to answered him in a whisper. "I missed you like crazy..."

 

Chaeyoung proudly scoffed and pulled himself from her embrace to softly pinched her chin. "I told you... you're going to miss me."

 

Yeah, she really missed this narcissistic, attention lover and childish, but also kind, hardworking, and lovable guy. Mina smiled as she stares at him feeling truly greatful that he’s here besides her right now.

 

"Didn't I told you, not to look at me like that?" Chaeyoung said as he rests his forehead on hers.

 

Mina's brows flinch in confusion. “What do you mean—“ She wasn’t able to finish her sentence when Chaeyoung suddenly cupped her face and quickly claimed her lips. 

 

She startled as she felt his lips pressing onto hers. She was surprised at first but it didn't took seconds for her to gladly welcome the kiss with full emotion coming from the person who made her feel and experience things she never had, the one that gave her the dream she never knew she needed in her life and the shining meteor who gave her hope... her one and only Son Chaeyoung...

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

kgi_tala


 

 


We're almost done TT^TT
 

Epilogue for the last chapter! No more crying, I promise! Hehehe See you then!