Chapter 7

My Fallen Meteor

Mina moves her hand to turn the reference book that she was holding to the next page. As to what she stated yesterday she wanted to help Chaeyoung, so here she is now sitting on his floor with him in his room tutoring him while her bodyguards, Momo and Sana was in the living room.

 

She instructed the two to entertain themselves from watching movies for a while as Chaeyoung told her that he'll be uncomfortable and won't be able to focus if there are other people watching as she tutors him.

 

Mina continued to explain the chapter to Chaeyoung. "There are an infinite number of prime numbers. Every positive integer can be factored into a product of prime numbers. For example, a thousand and one is the product of seven multiply by eleven and multiply by thirteen. In Mersenne primes, the numbers of the form are like this..." she writes the formula on the paper while explaining it to the guy sitting besides her. "...Not all of them are prime numbers. But if—" She suddenly stop explaining further as she noticed Chaeyoung wasn't paying attention to what she just explained from the book. He was just completely staring at her as if there was some dirt on her face. "Is there something on my face?"

 

Chaeyoung stiffened and covered half of his face with the book he was holding upside down. "No. I was not staring at you."

 

"What?" Mina squinted her eyes with confusion.

 

"What?" Chaeyoung replied, also confused with what he just said.

 

Mina tilted her head a little and stares at him. "Chaeyoung, are you okay? Is the lesson confusing you too much?"

 

"Ah... yeah—no, no-no. You're good—I mean it's good. " He frowned to himself and rubbed his nape. 'Now what, Chaeyoung?' "You know what, I think I'm already hungry."Chaeyoung put down the book he was holding and smile awkwardly to her. "Yeah, that's right! I'm hungry! Wait here, I'll just grab something to eat." He got up and rushed his way out of his room.

 

Mina just sighed and stretches her arms as the guy left her. She then just decided to busy herself arranging the books and pen on the table, but before she can even finish what she was doing Chaeyoung came back, now wearing his coat and black bull cap on. 

 

"Let's have dinner outside." He said as he approached her and suddenly put her coat on her shoulder that she didn't noticed he was holding. 

 

She looks at him in confusion.

 

"Come on." He said and offered his hand to help her to get up. 

 

She accepted his hand as she stands up. "But how about Sana and Momo?" She asked.

 

"Don't worry about them. They can just eat here. I have plenty of foods in the fridge."

 

"And where do you think you're bringing our lady Mina?" Sana said and took a glance at Chaeyoung's hand holding Mina.

 

"We're just gonna grab some dinner," Chaeyoung replied in a hurry as they reached the door.

 

"Well, you can just have dinner here—Yah!" Momo stand up from the couch and tried to catch them. "Kisama! Wait!" The two tried to catch them.

 

"She'll be fine with me. Don't worry!" He said and gently dragged Mina in the elevator. Chaeyoung smirked to the two as the elevator was about to close. "And by the way, you can eat everything in the fridge!" He added and as the doors finally closed he look at Mina who's currently seems to have enjoyed their little escapades from her two Amazonian.


-

 

 

Mina carefully look around the place where Chaeyoung brought her. "Chaeyoung, this is a fine dine restaurant."

 

"I know." He said smiling to the waiter who just served them their wine and foods.

 

Mina look at the other customers in the restaurant. "We're not dressed up for this."

 

"It doesn't matter." He shrugged not caring about the people glancing at them. "You know, actually, I had this reservation yesterday for our supposed to be date. It'll be such a waste if we cancel it." He explained. "Don't worry, foods here are really great. I promise you'll enjoy it."

 

"Okay but how about our tutor session?"

 

"It's okay we can always go back to that later. Let's just enjoy the food first." He said raising his wine glass to her. "Shall we?" 

 

Mina nodded then accepted his tossed. He's right, it'll be such a waste. Besides they're already here so they just need to enjoy the moment. 

 

As Mina finished her first sip she saw Chaeyoung stood up and walks towards her.

 

Curious from the reason why he stood up, he looks up to him. "Chaeyoung, where are you—"

 

"Your hair is always covering your face." 

 

Her brows furrowed from what he just said and then suddenly found him standing at her back now while holding and brushing her hair with his bare hand. 

 

"Let's put them aside for a while." He said as Mina felt her hair being tied up by him.

 

Mina bit her lower lip as she feels his hand carefully brushing her long black hair. She noticed that the other guests at the restaurant were taking glances of them with a grin and amusement in their eyes. Her face flares up again in crimson, not because of the stares the people were giving to them but from feeling the familiar tense in her body that she always feels whenever Chaeyoung does things like this.

 

"There you go." He proudly said and peeked to her side to see her as he was standing closely from her back.

 

Mina unknowingly grips the wine glass she was holding as she stares back at him looking at his wide smile with that deep dimple on his right cheek that can surely melt every woman's heart even in just a glimpse of it.

 

"Should we also remove this?" Chaeyoung asked while looking at her thick eyeglasses. He was about to remove it when Mina grabbed his arm preventing him to do so.

 

"I can barely see without it."

 

"Oh, okay." Chaeyoung nodded and went back to his seat without taking off his gaze to Mina. "You look better when there's nothing covering your face.

 

"T-Thank you." She said as she started eating her meal to try to ignore the butterflies feeling she's having in her stomach right now.

 

"Why don't you just wear contacts or do the LASIK treatment?"

 

"There's no particular reason. I'm just used to wearing eyeglasses since I was a kid."

 

Again, Chaeyoung nodded as he stares at her. However, his stares broke in a moment when he's attention suddenly shifted at the old couple near their table. He watches as the old man was guiding his partner towards the empty dance floor. There, the couple started their time swaying their body together to the beats of the romantic jazz played by the pianist and saxophonist playing on the right corner of the dance floor.

 

He smiles as he continues watching the two lovers. He shifted his eyes back to his date and suddenly grin when a sudden idea pops into his mind.

 

Mina just finished her first glass of wine when she suddenly looks at Chaeyoung. She narrowed her eyes in confusion. "Why are you smiling like that?"

 

Chaeyoung stands up and walks towards her again with his grin still visible on his lips. "Can I dance with milady?" He asked trying to put a seductive accent to his voice and quickly glance at the lovely couple on the dance floor.

 

Mina followed where he suddenly glance and worryingly looked back to Chaeyoung. "No... I'm not good at dancing."

 

Chaeyoung rolled his eyes. "Did you already forget? The master is here with you, Mina." He said confidently pointing to himself. "Come on." He didn't wait any longer for her approval. He grabbed her hand and gently dragged her to the dance floor.

 

"C-Chaeyoung...." Mina tried to appeal.

 

"Don't worry, I told you the master is here. I'm here, I'll guide you, okay?." He smiled at her in assurance as he was now holding her both hands. He look at the lovely couple slow dancing beside them. "May we share the dance floor with you guys?" He asked with a gentle smile on his face.

 

"Of course young man, there's plenty of room for all of us. Go ahead, sway and move your feelings with the music right now." The old man said smiling to them.

 

Chaeyoung smiled back to them before shifting back his attention to Mina. "Now, just put your hands on my shoulders." He said guiding her quite shaky hands to his shoulders and afterward he then puts his hands on her waist. He looks at her as he felt her body suddenly stiffened. 'She's nervous.'  "Relax..." he whispered to her ear and pulled her closer to his body. 

 

Mina gasps as he suddenly pulled her closer. She's so close to him that she feels like she can get intoxicated from inhaling his minty manly smell right now. How can she even relax like this?

 

"Just follow my lead, Minarii." He said guiding their body swaying to the sound of music. "Yes, just like that."

 

Mina looks up only to see how close his face is to her right now. She pressed her lips together. 

 

"See, you're not that bad. You're such a good student."

 

A smile formed on her lips as she somehow feels the tense on her body starting to loosen up. 

 

As they continue slow dancing a painting on the wall near the musicians playing suddenly caught her attention.

 

"What do you think of that painting?" Chaeyoung asked as he noticed Mina has been staring at the art piece.

 

"It felt like the person who created it is quite cheerful."

 

"Cheerful?"

 

"Yeah, the reference on the painting has an original monochromatic and subtle look to it. But in that painting, I really love how colorful it is and how the brushstrokes that he used seem to be careless yet it gave the realistic feeling to it."

 

Chaeyoung smiled and leaned his forehead against hers. "I'm so glad you love it. It's also one of my favorite artworks that I've done."

 

Mina looks up at him in surprise. "You painted that?"

 

"Well, yes, including the rest of the paintings here."

 

Mina looked at him in amusement in her eyes. 

 

"I know, I know. I'm amazing right?" He said proudly grinning as he's seeing Mina's reaction right now.

 

She nodded. "I couldn't disagree with that."

 

He bit his lower lip. "This is actually the reason why I brought you here."

 

"So you can show off your masterpieces to me?"

 

"Yeah, something like that." He said chuckling. "This restaurant is actually owned by my Aunt Seongyeon. She's one of my biggest fans, she would always spoil me in exchange for my artworks."

 

"Did you went to Barcelona to paint that?" She asked talking about the said painting.

 

"Well, I actually just took a photo of it when I went there for a vacation after I graduated from high school then just decided to paint it." He explained. "By the way, you seem to know that place?"

 

Mina nodded. "Basílica de la Sagrada Família."

 

"Have you been there?"

 

"A couple of times. That church is really breathtaking." She answered. "It's really amazing how a masterpiece like the Sagrada Familia, is taking a really long time to fully see it's majestic beauty."

 

"You know, you cannot build a masterpiece in just a swift of a hand, Mina. Look at me, I was nine months in the making." 

 

Mina shook her head and flashes her gummy smiles hearing his egoistic lines again.

 

"But here's the thing... Not everything that has been in process for such a long time can always be called a masterpiece..." He said parting his forehead from hers. He stares at her eyes for a seconds and in just a moment he quickly planted a kiss on her forehead. "...Sometimes, a beautiful masterpiece can really happen in just an instant."

 

-

 

 

"Omo, Omo, look who's here?" Dahyun said as he saw his friend, Chaeyoung,  approaching their table in the usual bar that him and his friends usually go.

 

Chaeyoung widely smiled as his friends greeted him as he finally reaches them. "I know, I know... You just missed me, guys."

 

"You haven't been joining us here for weeks. What have you been up to lately?" Tzuyu asked as he handed him a glass of drink.

 

He shrugged. "Same thing as usual. You know, modeling, university and of course dating." His dimple suddenly deepened as he said the latter.

 

"Now, what's with that smile? Tell us, who's the girl?" Dahyun said and playfully punched his shoulder. "Why we haven't seen her? You usually introduced and bring your girl here."

 

He finishes his first glass first before deciding to answer his question. "Well—wait guys..." he said as before he can even start explaining to them he saw his mother's ID number calling his phone.

 

He excuses himself to his friends and went outside the bar.

 

"Hey, mom." He said greeting his mother with the usual smile on his face.

 

"Baby, I miss you. It's been already weeks since you last visited us."

 

"Sorry about that mom. I'm just quite busy these days."

 

"Busy? Busy on what, dating?" He can already imagine his mom pouting and rolling her eyes while she's saying that.

 

He smiled and nodded. "Well, something like that."

 

"Yah, Son Chaeyoung! Who's that girl, huh? Don't tell me you're going to forget my birthday party this coming Saturday night because of her."

 

"Mom, relax. Of course, I didn't forget it." Lie. "Don't worry, I'll be there, I promise."

 

"Aish, fine. Just bring your girl here, huh. I would like to meet her."

 

"W-Well, sure." Chaeyoung massage his nape. You have a contract, you know you can't bring her there, his thought suddenly interrupted.

 

"Good. Let's see the reason why you seem to have forgotten your mother's existence for these past few weeks."

 

He chuckled hearing his mom sudden resentment. "Mom, trust me. She's different... really different." An image of Mina smiling with her super thick eyeglasses and unfashionable black dress suddenly flashes in his mind. "You'll be definitely surprised when you see her."

 

"Now, I'm really curious to see that girl."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

©️kgi_tala

 

 

Guys! Did you just saw Chaeyoung's post for Mina's birthday? Oh GodJihyo! I think I'm gonna die! <3<3<3

 

 

 

Stay safe everyone.  🙏