Chapter 5

My Fallen Meteor

Mina look around inside the Garden View restaurant—the fancy restaurant near their condo where she always go to meet up with Chaeyoung. The guy was apparently already gone when she looked for him at his unit and just left her with a message saying he'll just meet her at four at the same restaurant. And so she was here, sipping her cup of tea at the same table near the glass wall patiently waiting for him to come.

 

Mina sighed and looked at her phone. It's already an hour since she has been in the restaurant. She pressed her lips together and just decided to look around to somehow busy herself while waiting.

 

Her attention was caught by an old couple who just entered the restaurant. Along with them is a golden retriever that brought a smile to all the the people and employees that the couple were greeting.

 

"Omo! Appa, Eomma." The woman who was currently busy talking to an employee at the counter said in surprised. She approached her parents to greet and hugged both of the couple. "And you bring Chazz here too. Gosh, I missed you so much, buddy." She leaned and also gave the adorable dog a hug.

 

"Hayoung, your Eomma keeps bothering me to visit you here." Said the old man.

 

"I really missed you, honey. It's been two months since you got married and I'm still getting used not to see you around the house." The old woman said as she hugged her daughter again. "So how's the married life? Is Sehun treating my princess right?"

 

"I missed the both of you too." Hayoung said. "And don't worry mom, he's treating your princess like a queen." 

 

Mina can't help but to smile adoring from the scene until a guy with a midnight blue Indian traditional clothing and an earphone on his ears enter the restaurant and accidentally stepped on the poor dog's tail making him whined loudly and squirmed in anger before he can even follow his owners.

 

"Oh !" The Indian looking man got surprised and stumbled onto the floor getting the attention of everyone in the restaurant. 

 

The dog went mad and was now in rage grunting to the guy ready to attack him.

 

"Waaah! No no no! Not the face! Not the face!" The guy said in fear while lying on the ground trying to cover his face.

 

Luckily the old man got to pulled the leash preventing the dog from assaulting him.

 

The Indian looking guy immediately ran in fear towards Mina's table as the dog seems to be relax now with his owner. The family quickly apologized to the guy and the customers inside the restaurant for the sudden scene.

 

"Damn! That was close." Said the Indian looking guy and seated on the chair in front of Mina's as he was fixing his turban on his head and his long golden scarf that almost fell from his body. 

 

She stares at the guy who just currently busy checking his precious face on the screen. 

 

"As expected, you still look gorgeous even in danger." He muttered and sighed in relief while his fake mustache.

 

"Chaeyoung?" 

 

"Oh!" He look at her as he just seem to notice her. "Hey, Mina." he greeted Mina and smiled at her.

 

"Are you okay?" She asked as she tried to scan him.

 

"Yeah, of course!" He said and straightened his body and took off the left piece of his earphone. "No harm has been made.—Oh! By the way, I know I'm quite late for today, so I wanted to apologize for that."

 

She stares at him for a moment to see how he was looking totally fine as if nothing  bad almost happened to him earlier. He seems to be just fine. "It's okay..." Mina took a glance at her phone then stares at him blankly. Quite late was not really the best words to describe it.  "...you're just an hour and eight minutes late." 

 

"I just really can't help it. You know, my face is really in demand these days and another company needed my face. So I—Omo! Wait a minute!" His eyes suddenly widened and leaned his arms on the table and look at her face closely. "Are you... Are you perhaps mad at me?"

 

"What?" Mina's brows furrowed from his question as she feel quite uncomfortable feeling Chaeyoung's face close to hers.

 

"That's right, Minari. You should be mad at me in this situation." He said leaning back to his seat. 

 

"What? You think I'm mad at you?"

 

"Yeah, and that's okay. That's natural. Couples always wanted to be together with their love one, so naturally they'll get lonely and frustrated when they missed a time to do so."

 

Mina just stares at him carefully listening to what Chaeyoung was saying.

 

"You know, time is really important and most people just take it for granted. Every hour, minute and even a second should be spent to the things that matters and make sense to you, in your life. So in relationship, time shouldn't be wasted because it is an essential foundation for relationships to last forever—"

 

"Forever? But I only want to be with you for two months, not forever." Mina interrupted.

 

Chaeyoung rolled his eyes and pressed his lips together. "Yeah, that's the thing, we only have two months, so you better spend your time with me while you still can." He crossed his arms and stares at her. "A lot of girls are ready to beg for my time and attention but I chose to agree to that contract and date you. I'm being too kind to you, can't you see?"

 

"You chose to date me because I didn't gave you a choice." Mina reminded him.

 

"Y-Yeah, but—"

 

"Ahm, hi!" A female voice suddenly call for their attention. The two both look up and see the lady owner of the restaurant greeted them along with her dog besides her. "I'm Oh Hayoung, the owner this restaurant and this big boy here."

 

Mina look at the strawberry cake that the woman was suddenly serving in front of them. "Sorry, but we didn't order for that."

 

"Ah yeah. Well, don't worry. It's on me." She said then look at Chaeyoung. "Again, we're really sorry about what happened earlier. Chazz doesn't really intend to harm you." Hayoung said in an apologetic smile as she patted her pet's head.

 

"Ah, it okay. It's my fault anyway. If I haven't stepped on his tail he wouldn't act like that." Chaeyoung replied and turned to the dog then caresses its coat. "I'm sorry for what happened, buddy. But let's be friends okay?"

 

Mina stares at Chaeyoung as she watch him talks to the dog a sudden smile formed to her lips without her noticing it.

 

"We're cool now." Chaeyoung said and took a picture of him with the dog then look at Mina. "You wanna touch him Minari? 

 

Mina pressed her lips together then nodded as an answer.

 

"Come on, try it. He won't bite."

 

Slowly Mina's hand come closer to the dog until she finally touches it and caress it. "H-He's friendly." 

 

"Yeah, he's actually a really good boy. Right baby?" Hayoung said and kissed her beloved pet. "By the way, I think we should leave you guys now. We don't wanna disturb your date." She said and smiles as she bid her goodbye to them. "Nice meeting you guys. Enjoy your food!"

 

As Hayoung left them, Mina took a picture of the strawberry cake that she gave to them while on the other hand Chaeyoung has already started devouring his favorite flavored cake.

 

"So, is there any place you want to visit tonight?" Chaeyoung suddenly asked already on his halfway through his cake.

 

"Ah yeah, about that." Mina stopped from eating to get something in her pouch bag. "How about here?"

 

 "What's that for?" Chaeyoung asked staring at the two tickets that Mina was holding.

 

"Tickets for the rides in the amusement park. We can ride the Ferris wheel—"

 

Chaeyoung eyes suddenly widened as he was chocking from his food that he was trying to swallow.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

He nodded as he immediately grabbed the glass of water and drink it. He wiped his mouth with a tissue. "We're not going there. Let's skip that place."

 

"Why? Taehyung and Jackson gave this to me. They said, it's one the most popular place for dating." '

 

Those two!' "Don't listen to them." He said and bit his lower lip. "Just believe me. I should be the one you're listening to. I'm the expert, I know a much better place."

 

Mina just stares at him for a moment "Then, where do you wanna bring me?"

 

"Of course, somewhere where you and me can surely enjoy!" He scoffed.

 

"Somewhere you and me can enjoy?"

 

"Yes!" He said finishing his cake.

 

"Are you afraid of heights?"

 

"Yes!—" Chaeyoung widened his eyes and gasped as he covered his mouth with his hand. "I-I didn't said that! I'm not afraid of heights!" Damn it! Did the two goons planned this?! "Who the hell told you this lie?"

 

Mina shrugged. "No one. It's just a guess because you suddenly choked and look pale when I mentioned about the Ferris wheel."

 

He touch his face and immediately grabbed his phone to confirm what she just said. 'Holy Moly!' He composed himself and crossed his arms as he face her. "I-I'm anemic that's why I look pale today." He tried to explain while nervously trying to give his most charming smile. "I haven't really got enough sleep from last night. You know, university and photo shoots."

 

 Mina just slowly nodded while not showing any reaction.

 

"Aish! You know what, let's just go to the mall today. Let's go shopping, I'll treat you whatever you want." He just said in frustration trying to hide his embarrassment. He waited for her to finished her cake before dragging the girl outside the restaurant.

 

-

 

 

Mina stares at Chaeyoung who's holding a shopping bag on his both hands. For a man Chaeyoung seems to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm for shopping.

 

"We almost went to every store Mina, but you still can't think of anything you want to buy right now?" Chaeyoung asked her while they are walking.

 

Mina pouted as she think about it.

 

Chaeyoung rolled his eyes. "Come on, Minari. I may not be as rich as you are, but I can still buy you pretty much anything you want."

 

"I really don't have anything in my mind right now."

 

"Come on there must be something—oh!" Chaeyoung suddenly stopped and look at her. "Bookstore! I remember you mentioned you like reading books right? Then let's go to a bookstore."

 

Mina nodded. "You're right. I think we can look in that place."

 

"Let's go then." Chaeyoung smirked and offered his right elbow to guide the girl to their way to the bookstore.

 

-

 

"So, Are you a culinary major or a math major?"

 

"I'm majoring in business management." Mina replied without even taking a glance of him as she was busy scanning a cook book.

 

"But why do you have all those books?" He asked curiously looking at the books she's holding on her other hand.

 

"I like solving math problems. It's fun."

 

Chaeyoung snorted to what she just said. "It's fun?"

 

Mina simply nodded. "Yeah. And I also want to learn how to cook."

 

He nodded and massage his fake mustache. "Ah. You're preparing to be a good housewife, aren't you?"

 

Mina stopped scanning the book she was holding to took a glance of Chaeyoung without moving her head.

 

"So, you're gonna prepare him delicious foods everytime he goes back home from work..." He stated while entertaining himself scanning the books on the bookshelves. "...That sounds great..." He bent down and squatted when he saw a familiar magazine underneath the bookshelf. "Now, I wonder what kind of man you'll get to marry."

 

Looking down at the guy Mina bit her lower lip as she also wonder to his question.

 

"What the hell." Chaeyoung stood up while holding a magazine. "Why is this placed at the bottom of the shelf? This is the latest volume." He frowned and called a clerk informing the guy about his concern.

 

"Oh, we apologize for that sir. I think some customers just misplaced it and forgot to place it back to the front shelf. Thank you so much for noticing it sir." The clerk genuinely said and bowed before he excuse himself to put the said magazine to its original place.

 

Mina took a glance at the magazine that the clerk was holding. She deeply sighed as she saw Chaeyoung's face on the cover page. Now she know why he was too concern about it.

 

 

-

 

 

"First time riding a bus?" 

 

Mina nodded as she seat at the second row at back inside the bus with Chaeyoung who's smiling at her sitting besides the window.

 

Chaeyoung slouch to his sit and  stares at her. "Can you tell me more about yourself?"

 

"What do you want to know about me?"

 

He yawned. "I don't know. Maybe, basics. You know, your favorite movies, songs, singer, Kpop group—just anything that you can share with me."

 

Mina pressed her lips together before she decided to speak. "In movies there's a lot that I like but I recently like the movie If Only, to songs I really like blues, jazz and classic songs. I love hearing songs from Michael Bubble—“

 

"—You like Michael Bubble?"

 

"Yeah his songs are good. He's cool." She said in admiration.

 

Chaeyoung nodded then suddenly leaned his head on her right shoulder. "Yeah he's good but wait until you hear me sing." He said and smirked as he close his eyes.

 

Mina stiffened from his sudden action, again, feeling uneasy with his closeness.

 

"Please, continue Minari." Chaeyoung muttered with his eyes close still waiting for what she'll be sharing.

 

"Oh... okay." She just said and continued sharing things about her until in just a few minutes she felt Chaeyoung's deeply breathing. He was already comfortably asleep on her right shoulder. His left piece of his earphone suddenly fell from his ears when he suddenly move while he was adjusting his body to his seat.

 

Wanting to also know what kind of music Chaeyoung was listening to, Mina decided to wear the other piece of the earphone on her right ear.

 

"This theorem states that a given natural number of primes below N is approximately N/log(N)"

 

It’s Chaeyoung’s voice.’ Mina look at Chaeyoung and carefully pulled off the earphone from her ear. He’s memorizing their lesson by listening to his recorded voice.

 

She was about to put back the earphone and continue listening to his recorded voice when the bus suddenly stopped that cause it to slipped between her fingers and woke Chaeyoung up.

 

“Oh,  we're already near our condo." Chaeyoung stated as he finally woke up flexing his neck as he look outside the window.

 

 

-

 

©️kgi_tala

 

 

Sorry for the late and lame update.. I'm quite busy these days, don't really know when will I  be able to upload the next chapter :((

 

By the way, I would really love to hear your thoughts about the chapter or the story. So please, feel free to leave a comment below. :)))