Double trouble (part 1)

Normal In Our Own Way

The air outside was getting colder,each breeze sending chills to Jaemin's body as he tried, and ultimately failing,to suppress himself from shivering so much. 

 

Currently, the sniper was on a rooftop of a building that was directly beside the building where his other teammates were, giving him a perfect view of them from the window.

 

The three were given the same assignment

 

A kill order.

 

The difference was,Jaemin was sitting outside in the cold whilst Renjun and Jeno were positioned comfortably inside a five-star restaurant in the building,warm and not on the verge of freezing to death.

 

This is not fair,Jaemin thought as he watch Jeno sitting inside one of the private rooms which were designed for large group reservations, the room being right beside the one their targets will be in.

 

The mission goes like this,right after the five designated targets settles themselves in the room,Renjun, dressed as a waiter, will enter and pretend to serve them when in reality,he will be in charge of handling them in case they make a loud ruckus and alert the restaurant's staffs before Jaemin can put a bullet in their heads.Jeno,on the other hand will be on standby on the other side of the wall to help in any way he can.

 

With a mission simple as this,Jaemin could think of nothing but wanting to finish it quickly so that he could go back to the comfort of his bed and maybe steal some hugs from Jisungie for warmth. Unfortunately, those plans had to wait until he gets his job done.Which,by the way,is impossible right now because those five men were ten minutes late from the supposed meet-up time.Seriously, those people deserved a painful beating than a quick shoot to the head for making him wait in the cold outside, forty storeys high where the wind is stronger.

 

Unacceptable.

 

Suddenly,a waitress came in Jeno's room, which at first alerted Jaemin at the thought that maybe their cover was blown until he saw her bringing a cup to his table and placed it in front of Jeno.

 

"What the hell? You ordered a drink while on a mission?",Jaemin complained loudly in his earpiece. His eagle eyes caught the other rolling his eyes, "Relax, I just asked for hot coffee.It's cold outside,you know?"

 

"Gosh,really? I hadn't realised!",Jaemin said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

 

"Guys! They're here",Renjun cut sharply, silencing Jeno from replying. 

 

Right on cue,five men wearing suits entered the room beside Jeno's.From afar,they look like successful businessmen having dinner together but Jaemin knew better that these guys had done heavy crimes behind everyone's back and thought they could get away with it. Well,not this time.

 

The wind started to pick up, blowing his chestnut brown hair out of proportion.With one hand still placed on the rifle,he used his other hand to push back the strands that were covering his eyes. This was the norm for him, sitting on high places, waiting for signals and kill whoever that needs to be killed. He remembered giving up this life a few years back,traded nights on rooftops to nights in night clubs and bars. He would have still led that life if he hadn't found NCT,or rather NCT found him.He's grateful to them for that matter.

 

Loud laughter errupted from his ear piece,it looked like the men were starting to get comfortable there. From his view,he watched Renjun serving them  drinks with a smile.He even noticed one of the guys  eyeing his team member's figure, his eyes going up and down. Disgusting, Jaemin thought. It seems Renjun had noticed it too because right after that,he opened the window. The signal.

 

When met with questioning glances from the men,Renjun put on a smile, "I saw some flies in here"

 

Jaemin smirked from hearing that lie.He searched for his first target,the leader. When he found him,Jaemin aimed his rifle.

 

Target aqcuired.

 

He pulled the trigger.

 

.......

3 hours ago

 

A knife made its way to the dummy's head. "This is so boring",said Chenle, picking up another knife.

 

"I think you've said that about ten times", Jisung answered him while also throwing a knife towards another dummy.This one hit the left side of the chest,where the heart would be.

 

They were currently in one of NCT's training rooms, surrounded by countless equipment that filled the entire area.The room had been of use to all agents of NCT at any time of day.Whenever someone had returned from a mission or simply had nothing better to do,they would spend most of their time here. So much so that everyone made it their second home as it wasn't just a place to practice your skills but also a memorable place. Blood,sweat and tears were literally shed here and multiple voices would be heard bouncing on all four walls of the enclosed space everyday.

 

 

However,today the two boys heard nothing but quietness. The only sound being their voices echoing the walls of the empty space. It's just them there.

 

"I'm gonna keep saying it until Taeyong finally call us in for work",Chenle replied,eyes narrowed at the security camera on the wall as if Taeyong was the one who monitors those things.

 

"You know he's not part of the security department right?", Jisung supplied unhelpfully making Chenle groaned and threw the knives back on the table haphazardly.If Donghyuck hyung was here,they would have to endure a lecture about the importance of handling weapons with care. Fortunately Donghyuck had joined Unit 127 on an urgent mission and is currently in the U.S.

 

"It's not fair! Renjun,Jeno and Jaemin are out,127 is in the U.S and WayV is in Beijing,then what about us?", the second youngest glared at the knives on the table as if the steel object was mocking them.Jisung couldn't blame him though,they were always excluded from high-profile missions,  dismissed like children who couldn't participate in adult conversations. Although they have proven time and time that they could handle what this job came with, Chenle and Jisung were still treated like fragile beings who needed to be protected from the cruel world.Initially, they were supposed to become field agents only after they prove to be on par with everyone's strength and skills. The only reason they became members of Unit Dream while still undergoing training because Renjun had somehow convinced Taeyong to recruit them. With how protective Taeyong is,it still was a mystery how Renjun was able to convince him to do so.

 

However,they were evidently still treated like fragile beings even though he and Chenle had seen countless dead bodies in some of their missions in Unit Dream. If even that won't make Taeyong stop worrying,then clearly they needed to do something different.At this,a light bulb in Jisung's head,he grasped Chenle's shoulder in excitement, "I have an idea!"

 

"Well, that's new", the older teased which earned a shove to his shoulder by Jisung.

 

"Just listen! It's a good one!",he said, excitement pouring out of him making Chenle genuinely curious, "Okay, what is it?"

 

Jisung smiled, "We go on our own mission"