This is normal for us

Normal In Our Own Way

Author's note:I changed the ending cuz I didn't like how it ended.

To a teenager,a normal life is forgetting homework, hangouts after school and shy crushes. However,to Jisung and his teammates, it's knives in their pockets,guns pointed to their heads and having their lives on the line.Jisung's not complaining though.Yes, they might not have a chance of a normal life and there is a high risk of them getting killed one day but the six members of the Unit Dream had accepted this fate of theirs a long time ago when they first came to Neo Culture Technology Corp. or NCT for short.From then on,they trained themselves to be the best at what they are now, a team made up of the youngest and brightest agents in the corporation.Jisung is proud to belong in this team.

 

"Hey guys,can we get pizza after this?", Jeno's voice rang in the coms.

 

But of course,no matter how highly trained they are, they were still just young boys.

 

Jisung could hear Renjun's sigh loud and clear, "Seriously, Jeno? You ate before the mission"

 

"I know but I overheard some guards talking about pizza toppings and...oh wait I think they saw me...", a shot was fired before Jeno spoke again, "Just a sec, I'll handle this".The next thing everyone heard were a few gun shots and grunts that did not belong to Jeno. After a while, the gunshots and pained grunts stopped, "So, Domino's anyone?",asked Jeno nonchalantly as if the guards hadn't tried to shoot him a few seconds ago.

 

A chorus of years were heard, confirming their dinner after this mission.Another thing Jisung likes about their team is how blasé they have become to near-death experiences.

 

At the moment, the boys were scattered around the whole building.Under Renjun's command,they were to search the whole property for the designated target except for Haechan who was planting bombs around the building and Jaemin,their sniper inside a different building ready to shoot anyone who tries to exit the building they were on.Jisung was given the first floor to the fifth,Chenle was at the sixth floor to tenth floor.Jeno, eleventh until nineteenth and Renjun the twentieth floor until the rooftop at the thirtieth floor.

 

For a couple of hours, none of them found anything.Everything was quiet save from a bunch guards here and there but no one else.As Jisung finished his rounds on the fifth floor and about to help Chenle on the eighth, Renjun's voice was heard in the coms, "target acquired.All agents proceed to the rooftop"

 

With no hesitation,Jisung ran into the elevator and pushed the button for the highest floor.After an exhausting search, seriously,why is this place so big?, Jisung managed to catch his breath and rest a little bit.On the way, the lift stopped on the eighth and nineteenth floors to pick up Chenle and Jeno. While they wait for the elevator to reach the top floor, the three boys managed their time by going over their weapons and checking for any unnoticed injuries.

 

"Ooh,I have an idea!", Chenle exclaimed suddenly causing Jisung to flinch at the sudden high-pitched shout beside him.Chenle lightly punched his arm causing the younger to let out an "oww" before continuing, "We should make a bet on how many guys Renjun took down tonight",he proposed his idea excitedly.

 

"That's not a bad idea,Lele.", Haechan said through the comms, "I'm betting 10000 won on five

 

"Great!", the second youngest clasped his hands,"by the way, Jaemin is not allowed to join the bet"

 

"Aww,why?",Jaemin whined.

 

"Because you have an unfair advantage of actually seeing Renjun in action from your little spy tower"

 

"Fair enough"

 

At that moment,Jeno decided to join the bet , "Anyways, I'm betting 15000 won on ten guards". They could all hear Heachan snicker, "You're clearly overestimating our Renjunnie,Jen"

 

Jeno let out a strained noise, "I just don't think we should look down on our leader".Typical Jeno, always the nicest one out of all of them.A big contrast to his 'tough guy' exterior.At his side,Jisung couldn't help but agree to him, Renjun is a force to be reckon with.Therefore,he raises the numbers, "20000 won on twelve guards"

 

Chenle smirked, "Is this a bid now? 30000 on fifteen cause Renjun-ge is a good fighter"

 

Through their in-ears,they could hear Haechan snorted.Jisung thought that maybe all these years,the tanned boy played cat and dog with Renjun had made him brave enough to tease and insult the shorter anytime he wants, "You guys praise him all you want but I still think the body count will be lower than ten.Am I right,Injunnie?"

 

Silence.

 

"Injunnie?"

 

Nothing.

 

 

Jeno and Jisung glanced each other in paled expression as worry settled in their chests. As soon as the elevator doors opened, they rushed out, silently hoping their leader is alright.

 

As the three agents came across the hallway leading to the rooftop,they were greeted with the sight of numerous unconscious guards on the floor.Upon closer look,it look like they were knocked out good if the bruises on their faces were accounted.After looking around and not finding any figure that resembles their leader,Jeno loaded his gun and motioned the other two to do the same as they all trudged to the rooftop where they expected Renjun to be.

 

The staircase to the rooftop was suspiciously empty,not a single guard to be found unlike downstairs where there was a guard at every corner. On high alert,they barged through the door to the rooftop.However, what they were met with was something that gave an unsettling feeling to their stomachs.There was Renjun,on his knees and hands on his head as a gun was pointed to his head.The holder of the gun was none other than the man they were searching for, the designated target of this mission and one of South Korea's most powerful mob boss.

 

Chenle took a step forward slowly when their enemy shouted, "Don't come any closer! Or I'll blow up his head into pieces!". Although the man who held Renjun at gunpoint looked determined to actually shoot him in the head, all the agents there could sense another feeling lying underneath those words,a glimpse of it as if it was  peeking out of a big blanket and retreated back underneath as quick as it came, fear.

 

"Stand down, agents",Renjun instructed them calmly, "this one is mine",he motioned towards the man.Fully trusting their leader,Jeno,Chenle , Jisung and even Jaemin,who was already aiming his sniper at the mob boss,lowered their weapons.

 

"We seized all your weapons and ammunition.You have no more guards to protect you and you have nowhere to run. over,Kim.Give up here and your jail time will be reduced", the leader tried to negotiate with the man, however,it doesn't seem to be working as their assigned target's grip on the gun got stronger.

 

"No,it's over for you. I'm still holding a gun to your head"

 

Renjun's back was facing the man therefore he wasn't aware of the small smile creeping on the agent's face. "Are you?..."

 

Right after,Renjun moved his head to the side,away from gunpoint.In a flash,he extended his leg out and spun himself causing his attacker to get swiped of his feet and while those few seconds in mid-air,Renjun decided to use his own body to weight down on the man so that they fall together with the man landing hard and face-forward on the concrete with the agent's weight sitting on top of him.Upon impact with the ground, the man let out a pained groan as Renjun's weight settled on his back, keeping him from moving.

 

Renjun then kicked away his gun and the man's hands were held down on his back by the agent who was now turning the tables by pulling out his gun and pointing it towards the man's head.

 

"Or are you not?",Renjun smiled, satisfied with the turn of events.

 

"Alright! Let's get it!",Chenle cheered him on before remembering something, "Oh,by the way,since our job is done here..."

 

Their leader rolled his eyes, "I took down fourteen guys",he said as if he knew what the younger was gonna say. "And Haechan?"

 

"Yes,Renjunnie?", those two words were said in such a sweet tone,thick honey coated in every letter and intonation for the sole purpose of annoying Renjun  making the other members of their team gagged in disgust.

 

"Don't think I forgot that you underestimated my skills. You're dead once we get back home", the leader threatened their explosion specialist in his ear.Not affected by the threat,he replied back, "Okay,sure Renjunnie"

 

Noticing that the agent pinning him down was distracted, the man tried to push Renjun off of him.Realising he was almost thrown off,Renjun quickly regained his balance before the man could free himself completely.The agent slammed the of his gun on the back of the man's head so hard he made him unconscious.

 

"That makes fifteen",he said to the other three agents in front of him.

 

"Yes! I won!"

 

"Oww,Chenle!", Jisung covered his ears when the second youngest screech loudly beside him.

 

"Can we go now? I'm hungry",Jeno asked hopefully.

 

"Yeah, let's go but you have to carry him though", replied Renjun while pointing to the unconscious man.

 

"Deal",Jeno said happily.Not wanting to delay dinner time,he picked up the man with ease and jog back indoors,the others following him from behind.

 

When they finally exited the building,Jaemin was already waiting for them.Upon seeing them,he smiled at them welcomingly before he landed eyes on Jisung and frowned.

 

"What?",Jisung asked.

 

"You hurt your leg",he told Jisung like it was him that was hurt and not the youngest.

 

"It's nothing.I can handle it",Jisung waved off,not wanting to be seen as weak.

 

"You're putting slightly more pressure on your right leg",Jaemin said as if Jisung had walked with only his right leg and not only lifting his left leg slightly. The perks of specialising long-range shooting is that you need to have extremely sharp eyes.

 

Jaemin went to the youngest's side, letting the younger slung his left arm around his shoulder so that he could support his weight,his weapon in his bag around his left shoulder, "You can't hide these things from me,Jisung",he said like it wasn't a well-known fact.

 

Jisung faltered slightly.Of course he couldn't. None of them can escape from Jaemin's careful eyes. Especially not Jisung who Jaemin babied the most,who Jaemin would always be concerned over.At this,Jisung apologised sheepishly, "Sorry,hyung"

 

Jaemin smiled and pinched his cheeks, "aww,so cute"

 

Once the five had walked far enough from the building,Renjun turn on his in-ear to talk to Haechan, "We're far enough.Do your thing"

 

"Copy that"

 

Just a few seconds later, the building they had came from exploded.A loud boom resonated through the night accompanied by big and bright flames engulfing the whole building.Shards of glass spread everywhere as everything in the building was burning down.The agents were watching the spectacle from afar when Haechan's sad whine rang in all of their ears.

 

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?",asked Jaemin, concerned.

 

"No, the explosion wasn't as big as I thought it would be",he said, disappointed at the size of the explosion.

 

"I think it looks amazing",Jeno tried to comfort him.

 

Renjun rolled his eyes before continued to walk towards their van where Haechan was probably sulking by himself.Which he was.

 

The members of Unit Dream one by one entered the van,the man they had captured sat in the back where he will be sent to SM Headquarters for interrogation.

 

But right now,they're getting Domino's for dinner.