Chapter Six—

Succinctly

 

Taemin looks around frantically, where is he? He’s in the middle of a busy street, with so many people staring at this blonde headed guy and so many cars zooming pass him. He’s desperate to find someone he knows. Snap out of it, Taemin, be a man! He keeps thinking to himself.

 

He starts walking to the nearest store, not willing himself to think that Miki has yet ditched him in this unknown new world, China.

 

“Um, excuse me, but what street is this?” Taemin asks a counter girl in a clothing shop, the girl stares at him and ignores him a few minutes later. He asks again, “do you know if there’s a hotel near here?”

 

A minute later as if the girl understood him, she showed him the logo sign of a hotel indicating on the second floor of the department building. “Thank you.” Taemin mouths and quickly hops into the elevator the girl pointed to him that’s near the back of the shop.

 

Once he’s alone, she slumps on the mirror, staring at himself. Two days have they run away, two times has she ditched him and two times of being alone. What is it with her? Not wanting any help? Taemin groans.

 

He walked out the elevator, coming face to face with Miki. Taemin manages a crook smile. “Found you.” Miki looks at him weirdly, avoiding any skin ship and takes a step back, introducing the man besides her to Taemin.

 

“This is Myungsoo. That’s Taemin.” Miki smiles at Myungsoo unsurely.

 

The moment Myungsoo put an encouraging arm around Miki’s shoulders; Taemin knew that he won’t like this new person.So that’s why she ditched him out on the streets, because she has Myungsoo waiting open handed for her to walk into. Taemin couldn’t help but think like that. He walks straight back into the elevator.

 

“Wait, Taemin!” She cries out like she really cares about his whereabouts and squishes herself into the elevator. “Where are you going?”

 

“Where do you think I can go?” He tells her.

 

“I’m getting us a free hotel room! Myungsoo is my sister’s ex-boyfriend for god sake.” Miki laughs. “Don’t misunderstand anything. I’ll explain after we get settled in the hotel. Come on oppa.” She teases and pressed a button. The elevator shot down from the tenth floor back to the second floor.

 

Myungsoo waited for them to come back down to the second floor. He fiddles with his white tank top, touching his biceps and inhaling the hot China air. Park Miki reminds him of her twin sister, Park Jiyeon too much. He replays his feelings when Miki sent him a phone call an hour ago, wanting him to pick her and Taemin up from the airport. Her voice isso like Jiyeon’s. He usually wouldn’t want to help a criminal find some place to stay after what Miki explained to him about her situation, but he misses her twin sister just too much.

 

“Do not call me oppa again!” Taemin screams at Miki playfully as the elevator door opens up. Immediately, Myungsoo adjusts his smile and beams at them.

 

“Sadly, I was only able to get you two one room, you guys might have to share.” Myungsoo jokes as Taemin blushes while Miki stares at him.

 

“But I’m a girl!” She exclaims childishly, but after a few moments, she shrugged it off, understanding her situation very well.

 

Myungsoo showed them to their small room around the back of the hotel on the second floor. He gave them his number and told them to call him when they need something.

 

Taemin sat tiredly on the sofa. “Well, you can explain everything now, but I need you to promise me I can trust you.” He glued his eyes onto her, waiting for her reply.

 

“Yeah, you can trust me.” Miki says.

 

“Good, because my dad and his crew are in China. I hope…You won’t ditch me.” Taemin pleads. “I have a feeling that my father is hunting us down intently.”

 

“I’m sorry Taemin, but I can’t promise you anything.”

 

A rush of pain, disbelief and maybe a little anger formed on Taemin’s face. Great, just great.


A/N: New character! Kim Myungsoo as Miki's twin sister's ex-boyfriend. Quite an important role actually!