Fin

Body Swap | Satzu/Motzu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Full disclosure, I didn't know how to wrap it up. So this is a hit or miss. Hopefully, you enjoy~~

This time you were woken up with the sunlight blaring through the windows, you can feel it trickling in your skin. Also… there’s a pain at your back… instead of a headache. Even with blurred vision and unclear thoughts, you took that as a good sign.

Slowly, you sat up, stretching your arms and your back. When you’ve rubbed the sleep off your eyes, you realized you were… in the living room.

You’re back.

Somehow, you felt relieved.

And hopeful. That smile forms involuntarily in your face. You thought about it, and figured you were actually feeling great about the day that’s about to come.

When Jeongyeon was up, you immediately came up to her and asked for a pain reliever and a patch for your backpain. She looks at you weirdly and says, “Why did you sleep on the couch?”

You were never a good liar, so you stick with as much truth as you can. You shrug and say, “Couldn’t sleep.”

Her eyes softened and came to you. “I’ll get you some warm milk? We also have cookies somewhere. Come.” You follow her aimlessly, hoping she wouldn’t probe. But… if there’s someone who knows you just as much as Chaeyoung without words, it’ll be Jeongyeon. While you wait for her at the dining table she says, “What’s going on with you? You’ve been sad since yesterday.”

You hum, “I can’t talk about it.” You weren’t sure how Sana is yesterday and you didn’t wanna give away anything.

“Why not?”

You were silent mulling over your words. It’s just something you can’t explain. “I don’t know how to.”

“Try me.” She says, laying over the cup next to you. You look up to her with sad eyes and she rolls her eyes at you. “That’s not gonna work on me.”

Then you started pouting and blink your eyes fast, in attempt to bring some tears down.

Recognizing what you were doing, she laughs and raises her hands. “You do know it works better when you just cry out of the blue, right? When you’re taking us by surprise and we don’t know how to calm you down?”

You chuckle as well and sip on the warm milk. “I’ll tell you when I’m ready. But promise you’ll believe me?”

She nods and goes behind you. She puts both of her hands in your shoulder and massages it. “Okay. You’re not really one for the crazy ideas, so...”

You shrug as you turn to her, “This one’s really… unusual.”

“If you say so. Alright. Where does it hurt?”

When you meet Sana a bit later near lunch, you were trying to catch her eyes. You were feeling bad when you see her puffed eyes. You were crying the whole night and the aftermath is there for Sana to deal with.

Before you can come to her, you feel someone hug you from behind. “I missed you this morning. Why did you sleep on the couch?” Chaeyoung says, her voice muffled in your shirt. You pat her head and says your go-to excuse. “Couldn’t sleep.”

She pouts and hugs you tighter, “Then you should’ve woken me up. We could’ve talked until you fall asleep.”

You smile and you started feeling warm. You missed this. Chaeyoung is never cheesy, atleast not the way your unnies are, she’s just warm and fuzzy even without meaning to. You accept the sentiment smoothly and hug her back. “I didn’t want to bother you with this one.”

“You’re never a bother to me, Tzuyu… what’s going on with you?”

You look at her confused at the whine in her voice. It’s not playful as it used to be and there’s something in her expression that makes you think she’s serious. No words were needed. She continued, “it’s like… talking to a different person. Why are you keeping me at arms length?”

“I’m not… it’s just—”

*Cough*

Someone interrupted you both and you turn slowly to the sound.

Sana.

“What happened to your eyes?” Chaeyoung says, loosening her grip on you, but still not letting go.

She looks away and scrunched her nose. “Watched a really sad drama.” And you would admire how easily she can lie.

Chaeyoung seems to accept the answer and chuckles, “You’re lucky we don’t have schedule today.”

Sana laughs awkwardly and then looks at you. You weren’t quite sure what to do. You don’t think you can do anything when Chaeyoung is here clinging onto you. You were never the one to push her away.

Sana sighs and looks at you dejectedly. She must have thought you were rejecting her reaching out to you again. You wanted to fix it. And then you remember.

You grab onto her before she turns away. She looks at you confused, and the sad and tired look in her face is making you feel uneasy. You clear your throat and say softly, “Thank you for last night.”

“Last night?”

You pointed to the couch with your thumb and your lips. You never had this connection with Sana the way you have with Chaeyoung and Dahyun: this ability to communicate without words. But still, you will try. “Yes. You know. For the blanket. And your phone… you left it there.”

Her eyes widen and then form an “o” and you wanted to facepalm yourself. She could’ve atleast mask her expression in front of Chaeyoung. She hurries to the couch and picked up her folded blanket and her phone.

When she comes to the both of you, she was looking to you, then to Chaeyoung. She sighs before saying, “Uhm… alright. I’ll see you two later.” She bows her head slightly then hurried to her room. You groaned mentally. You would think, exchanging bodies twice, you two would’ve figured out to be in sync in thoughts.

Chaeyoung looks at her retreating form confused. “You two are weird. Is she the one you had a fight with?”

“What?”

“You said you upset someone.”

Sana said what?

You pout as you turn your attention back to the girl interrogating you. You’ve never said a word to Jihyo even when you wanted to and Sana… What did Sana say?

“What did you fight about? You said it was serious but I didn’t think you would’ve made her cry.” You were gonna protest and defend yourself but decided against it. “I’ve never seen Sana-unnie cry that hard… or at least her puffed eyes said so.”

“She said it’s ‘cause of a drama.” You mumble, and you actually sound like a child.

Chaeyoung chuckles and taps your nose. “Then why were you so worried yesterday? And then she looks like that. Not really hard to put two and two together.”

Thankfully, Chaeyoung had sense your panic. She was never the one to overwhelm you. “You’ll fix it.”

“Y-you think?”

Chaeyoung shrugs and lets go of you, only to hold your hand. She squeezes it before saying, “She loves you too much. She’ll forgive you. Whatever you did.”

You were finally alone with her. You were at the overpass park and sitting close to each other watching the passerby’s walk by.

You two don’t know how to start. She was looking everywhere but you.

And you were contemplating on whether you should start something. Until she sighs, “Are we okay?”

You chewed on your lip before saying, “Not yet. But we can be. I want to apologize.”

She looks at you perplexed and then laughs, “For what? I was the one who…--” She stops midway, looking away embarrassed. She inhaled deeply before turning her attention back to you. “You’ve been crying.” She fixes her glasses consciously and her eyes searches something in your face.

You nod slowly and then looks back into her eyes. “Your eyes are puffed. And the first time we switched, I got drank and you had to deal with a killer hangover.”

She laughs and moved her lips sideward, sliding her tongue over it, “That’s nothing compared to what I did.” She reaches to your hand and you let her hold it. “I’m sorry, Tzuyu. For everything. I mean it.”

You nod, accepting the apology. You reel it back in and realized, you weren’t mad about it anymore. You were never the one to hold a grudge. And this… situation that you both have is really unusual. So you keep an open-mind.

“Momo-unnie and I didn’t kiss.” You find yourself saying. “We were really… just talking but with our faces really close to each other. I know it sounds dumb. But it’s what really happened.” You were able to explain it clearly. You have calmed down and you’re thinking clearly now, not feeling attacked. And you really, really want to fix this. Whatever you have with Sana.

“Okay. I believe you.”

“Really?” You didn’t expect her to close that topic quickly. Not by the way she acted last time. But you figured… maybe she also wanted to fix this. That you two are here to reconcile.

“Yes.” She inhaled deeply and says, “Even if you did… I… I shouldn’t have… done that. That was wrong and you didn’t deserve that. To be treated like that. I’m sorry.”

Why.

You wanted to ask.

Being back in your body means you don’t have those restrictions anymore. You can choose to discuss it. You just need to hear it from her.

“Why?” You already know why, Tzuyu. So you settled with: “Why didn’t you tell me?”

She looks up surprised and then hugged herself, brushing her arms. “So you know, huh.”

You chuckle, amused, “Kinda hard not to when I can feel your heart doing gymnastics whenever we’re near.”

At that, she blushes.

She was at awe and you suddenly felt this inexplicable pride that you know the effect you have on her. But unlike you, she wasn’t panicking. She wasn’t trying to hide. She’s just used to it. So used to it that she keeps it all bottled inside, yet no trace can be seen on the outside. So you laugh, amused. “It was so weird. I thought I was getting attracted to myself. And that’s… I was gonna ask Nayeon-unnie how to deal with it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter