Chapter 1

Body Swap | Satzu/Motzu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, so I’m toying with the idea of continuing this as a series. But meh, one-shot for now.

The first thing you noticed when you woke up is the banging in your head. You groan in pain and with blurry vision tried to get up quietly. You head for the bathroom to wash your face and maybe get some water after.

Once in the bathroom, you turn the faucet, getting ready to splash water on to your face. But as you wait for your hand to be filled with water, the face that greeted you back… was Sana’s.

You blink a few times, thinking maybe that Sana was there. But no, you’re alone in the bathroom, and the ‘reflection’ was following your movement. You pinch yourself and concluded maybe you’re dreaming.

But a few minutes later and the reflection wasn’t changing.

You look at the time and noticed it’s early enough for the members to start waking up.

You head back to your room that you share with Dahyun and Chaeyoung, only to find a body sleeping in your bed. That wasn’t there before.

You nudge it softly and wait till your member reveal herself. But to your surprise, you come face to face… with your face.

What the f…?

“AHHH!!!” You scream then quickly covered your mouth, not getting used to hearing to what sounded like Sana’s voice…?

You stumbled, falling on your when ‘your body’ sits up with hair all over “your face”.

Dahyun wakes up, probably because of your scream.

“Sana-unnie, what are you doing on the floor?” Dahyun asked, sleep heavily laced in her voice.

Sana? Where??

Your body starts rubbing sleep off your eyes then says, “What is going on?”

What is going on indeed.

You’re still sat up on the floor, covering your mouth, still hasn’t figured out what’s going on.

“Why is everybody so loud?” Chaeyoung groans from the other side of your… doppelganger. Yes, you pushed both your beds together so the three of you can cuddle at night sometimes.

When you meet the eye of your… doppelganger, they widen. Your doppelganger screams, “WHAT IS GOING ON??” pointing to you.

“Aahhh. Tzuyu, not so loud!” Chaeyoung whines, covering her head with her pillow.

“Relax, it’s Sana-unnie.” Dahyun turns to your doppelganger, then walks beside you helping you up.

But you are still stunned, unmoving. Sana???

“Why are you--, why am I?” Your doppelganger stutters.

You stand up with the help of Dahyun, but before your mind explodes, you excuse yourself and grabs your doppelganger by the wrist and drags her towards the bathroom.

“Who are you???” She questioned, quickly after locking the bathroom door, ignoring the questioning look from your members. It's a shock to hear your own voice, so uncharacteristically groggy and hoarse, coming from outside your own body.

“Tzuyu” You answer slowly, eyes still wide, unbelieving. You can’t stop looking at yourself, at every detail.

Slowly looking at the reflection on the mirror, you both realized that you did exchanged bodies.

“This… can’t be real.” You both say at the same time.

“Can we just go to Jihyo-unnie and tell her what happened?”

“Tell her what? We don’t exactly know what happened!” Sana says, looking so distraught.

“Okay, but maybe she’ll know what to do?” You didn’t sound quite sure.

You sit on the cover of the bowl, and look at Sana (in your body) pacing at the small bathroom. Once the sleep rubbed off on her, Sana started panicking and losing all the cool she thought she had.

Sana blinks then looks at you perplexed, “Do you think Jihyo knows some voodoo that can fix this?”

“I don’t know! This is just stressing me out.”

Sana sees this and went to comfort you., “I’m sorry.” She says, rubbing her temples to calm herself. She runs small circles on you back.

You both jump when you hear a loud knock at the door, “Sana, what are you doing to Tzuyu?” Jihyo’s voice muffled from the other side of the door.

You look at her worriedly only to see her pout, “Why do they always assume I’m at fault?”

“Unnie…” You look at her scared. Tryign to reel her back in to more importatnt stuff.

Jihyo knocks again and says, “Tzuyu, sweetie, are you okay?”

Sana gasps in disbelief. And on any other day you’ll find it funny.

“I’m fine, unnie! Sana-unnie is just helping me with something.” Sana answers, and you glare at her.

You half-whisper, “I don’t talk like that.”

And Jihyo seems to notice it as well, “Is Sana holding you hostage? Sana what are you doing?”

“We’re coming out, Jihyo.” You say sweetly. Just like how Sana would do it.

You whisper to her, “We’ll figure it out later, okay?” and then put your arm around her.

You guide her towards the door and open it.

Jihyo looks at the both of you worriedly. She quickly grabs Sana from your hold and looks at her at all angle, “What were you two doing in there?” Jihyo looks at you accusingly.

“Sana-unnie wasn’t doing anything bad! Why would you assume—” Sana was quick to defend and you grimace at how that did not sound so you at all.

You clear your throat and giggle, “Wouldn’t you like to know?” You wink at a scandalized Jihyo and started walking away.

You hear Jihyo calling after you (or Sana), but you hop away towards your bedroom.

With your tight schedule, you had managed to sneak away with Sana, while the other members are preparing for the day ahead.

“Okay, I have seen Secret Garden and it’s the closest thing that explains this.” You say as you hold onto your phone, scrolling through countless of links, none of them actually helping you.

“You mean that K-Drama, Nayeon-unnie made us watch that you cried helplessly?”

You pout at her and say, “Hey! That was a really touching drama!”

Sana snuggles into you and say, “It’s okay, Tzuyu. I think it’s adorable.”

You try to push her away and say, “Anyway, they exchanged bodies because they drank a weird potion. And that they change bodies every time it rains“

Sana just looks at you dumbly, “Well the only thing I drank yesterday was water so… And rain? Really? It’s summer! We’ll be lucky if it rains this week!”

You frown then continue scrolling on your phone.

….

“It says here that the universe is teaching us a lesson.”

“Okay, what lesson?”

“The point is for us to figure it out.”

“Uhm… That’s very unhelpful, Tzuyu.”

….

“Fortune cookie!”

“What?”

“You haven’t seen Freaky Friday?” You jump from your seat excitedly. “It’s when this teenage girl switched bodies with her mom, and they start living each other’s lives, so they sort of understand what each other is going through?”

“Okay that makes sense… But how did they fix it?”

“Uhmmm… they understood what each other is going through?”

“Huh…”

….

“How about wishing stars?”

“I don’t even remember the last time I star gazed.”

….

"A wishing well?"

"You mean like the one we saw in Jeju Island?"

"...yes?"

"Are you suggesting we take a trip to Jeju Island in the middle of promotion?"

....

“A weird ancient earring from Egypt…”

Sana looks at you worriedly, “I’m worried about what Nayeon-unnie is making you watch.”

You shake your head and protest, “It’s funny! You’re the one missing out for not watching it with us!”

….

"By any chance, did you do something bad to anyone that might curse us?"

"Okay no offence, but between the two of us, you're more likely to offend someone than me... being blunt and all."

"Yes, but you're the one who would most likely trip into an ancient dwelling of some supernatural force."

"...I'm taking your Netflix and Viu subscription."

Gasp "You wouldn't dare!"

....

“A kiss?”

“Heh. Nice try.” You say as you focus on reading about astrological projections. Your English is not that great and this heavy reading is making your headache worse.

“Why don’t we just try?” She turns towards you.

You refuse to look at her and just say, “How come it’s easy for you to turn down my suggestions and be insistent with this?”

“Well to be fair, all the things you’ve listed are quite hard to do... and a bit unrealistic.”

“How hard is it to go to Chinatown and get some Fortune Cookies??”

“We can try that later, but what we can try now is to kiss.” She reasons.

You finally look at her with a deadpan expression on your face and you say, “Fine. A kiss in the cheeks is it then.”

“What? It clearly says on the lips!”

“I’m not giving you my first kiss.”

“It would be like kissing your face!”

You shake your head, clearly done with the suggestion, “that doesn’t even make sense.”

“Okay, fine. You’re gonna regret it later when we do try it and it fixes everything.”

“Okay this is clearly not working out.” You say frustratedly. You gulp when you see Momo come out of the bathroom on a towel. Time is up.

“Satang, you’re next.” Momo called out to you before heading towards her shared bedroom.

You look at Sana worriedly.

She looks at you apologetic, “Uhmm… We’ve seen each other ?” She says lamely.

“But we didn’t touch it!”

She completely turns to you and put both of her hands in your shoulders, “Just… just close your eyes, okay? And think of it as your body.” It’s weird enough seeing her face in your reflection, you think you’re gonna faint just thinking about washing a body that isn’t yours.

“I promise to do the same Tzuyu! And I’ll be really quick. The fastest this body had ever showered!” You know she’s trying to pacify your worry, but it did not work at all.

You feel sick on your stomach, but you begrudgingly agree, unsure on how else to function.

After a very very quick shower, and barely dressing up, you finally got out of Sana’s room. The day has been going pretty well, considering. You both agreed to act as the other and not tell anyone about your circumstance.

It was strange the things you noticed about each other.

Other than tripping almost every 5 seconds (you are actually quite worried with Sana’s coordination and bones), you have been pulling a really good Sana, and you’re quite proud of yourself. Other than the fact that being Sana… all y and cute at the same time is quite a hard work for you, everything else is flawlessly done, you’re starting to think you can do it for a day. You have watched her from the very start and it was easy for you by imitating her and making fun of her.

Sana on the other hand… is making a mess of yourself.

She had already went around the members telling them how much 'you' love them, that Nayeon had dropped her food looking at Sana confused (you're gonna admit that's very comical). And Jihyo looked like she was about to cry after Sana hugged her. Jeongyeon was ready to take Sana to the hospital.

You don’t understand how Sana can’t just keep her hands to herself. You blame it on her being an only child and just her sharing her love to everyone in the room. But really, did she forget she’s in your body? She went from simple hand-grabbing, arm locking, to going around hugging everyone, greeting everyone with a smile in her face.

And not to be conceited, but you would admit that it’s a really nice sight to see: your beautiful face smiling brightly at everyone, and them lightening up right after (you didn’t even notice). And your voice?? You should really start talking more because, gosh, your voice is just the sweetest. And Sana keep blowing her cheeks, and it’s just so adorable.

You shake your head because you start feeling giddy and you’ve been staring at...yourself, it’s borderline narcissistic. You realize the longer you stay in Sana’s body, the more uncomfortable you get. This is clearly the effect of hanging out with Nayeon too much.

And the worst possible time this body swap has occured, you were on a fanmeet (not that there's a good time for this to happen), and Sana couldn’t-- wouldn't sit still.

You were doing your job, smiling and waving at the crowd, doing your fair share of hugs to everyone – you even make cute poses here and there sending hearts to everyone, and don’t forget the kisses!!! You go and give everyone their daily dose of Sana kisses and (lame) pickup lines. Everything was good when at the corner of your eyes you see Momo wraps her arms around Sana, and as if on instinct, Sana giggles and… was that? Is she?? You twitch your eye… Yap she is…

Sana just kisses Momo’s cheeks.

Momo’s eyes widen but smiles immediately, blushing and putting her hands over . The crowd cheers.

You on the other hand, could've sworn you popped a vein.

You remove your arms from Dahyun and stopped swaying with her. You tell her you’ll be back quickly, then started walking towards Sana.

Momo noticed you coming and changed her expression quickly from a blushing mess to a scared one. Reminding yourself that you’re still in Sana’s body, you giggle and grab Sana by the wrist. She was happy to see you and walk towards you hopping. The crowd cheers more loudly.

You twirl her and then pull her into a hug, swaying a little, making it look like you two are dancing.

Is this what everyone felt when they try to grab you? Gosh why did Sana wear heels today?

You immediately put both your arms in her waist, locking her arms on the side making sure it doesn’t move anywhere. And then you whispered harshly, “What do you think you’re doing?”

“What ever do you mean?” Sana whispers, and you have to hold the surprise listening to your sweet voice like that. Is that how you sound?

“Don’t go around hugging people, and kissing people.”

“Awww. Is Tzuyu jealous?”

You pull back and look at her in disbelief, “That’s my body, my face!”

“I’m being the maknae bringing freshness to everyone!” She says proudly.

“No. That’s Chaeyoung. Not me.” You say firmly. “Maybe Dahyun-unnie at some extent, but not me.” You frown, clearly not liking where this is going.

She pulls back to look at you and pouts-- it’s really unbecoming of you. “Stop frowning. That’s not me.”

“Oh, so I should continue being great, doing you spot on, while you go and ruin me?”

She now pulls back completely. But when you noticed what she was about to do, you gasp.

No.

She’s about to do an… aegyo…

No.

You glare at her, warning her with your eyes. But you suppose, with Sana’s face, you’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter