Jealousy Doesn't Look Good On You

Body Swap | Satzu/Motzu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For your Motzu/Satzu hearts

Movie nights with Momo is always a hit or miss.

 

Her mood is totally unpredictable and very hard to read. She can go from watching a good and heart-whelming animated film, to a funny and very light movie, to straight up gore and decapitation.

 

So really, when it’s her turn to pick a movie, all the members look into each other’s eyes with a knowing look and a nervous smile. Dahyun was about ready to say the excuse you and her practiced in your room together, but before she can open , Sana was already dragging her to the couch finding a good seat. You look at her worryingly as she she tried to flail her arms at the side. You shake your head in disappointment and the nervousness grows inside you.

 

Chaeyoung puts her arm in your shoulder comfortingly and you bend your body so she can loop it properly. You’ve always been careful of your posture but 4 years and you’ve been used to Chaeyoung suddenly forgetting about your height difference. “I mean, she looks happy, right? Maybe we’ll get another coming-of-age movie? Like the time-traveler one.”

 

You look at Chaeyoung carefully as you ever so slowly walk towards the living room, almost dragging your feet, hoping by the time you get there everyone is seated and you two will have no choice but to sit at the back and hide your phones. “With Momo-unnie, you never really know. I mean during our finals… she specifically chose that high school horror movie as a ‘gift’ to us because we were graduating.”

 

Japanese horror movies have a thing for high school girls massacre. And the members will always tease you and Chaeyoung for it. Especially you… because they know it gets under your skin. Another shiver.

 

You stopped walking as you reminisce what the movie was about. You hug yourself.

 

“Chaeng, I kept thinking someone will come to our exam room and tell us to run for our lives.” You grimace.

 

Chaeyoung nods slowly but tells you, “That was a cool movie though. I mean the plot twist in the end is so cool.”

 

You blink at her owlishly and look in disbelief. “The whole movie, I keep wondering what on Earth I was watching.”

 

You narrow your eyes at her and shake your head in disagreement. She pouts and mumbles, “It’s a horror movie. It wasn’t supposed to make sense.”

 

She hugs you properly this time, putting her arms in your waist as you put yours around her neck. “It’s okay, Tzuyu. We can always watch something funny in the room later.”

 

You feel arms around you and you slowly look up. You recognize it was Momo and she says cheekily, “Awww. Why didn’t you tell me we’re having group hugs?”

 

You look at Chaeyoung slowly and you both chuckle awkwardly.

 

Still enveloping you into a hug, Momo drags the both of you towards the living room. You feel Chaeyoung buries her head into your chest as your hearts beat in sync for the unknown. “Come, come. You’ll love this! Ooh, ooh! It’s really popular and it has sequels!”

 

Great. There are other movies as well.

 

Momo pulls you beside her and you already hope that it’s not gore. Sitting so close to her meant you can’t use your phone and put the airpods you and Jeongyeon prepared. Before Chaeyoung can run away, you kept your grip on her tight. If you’re gonna be suffering, you might as well drag her. Misery does love company.

 

When everyone is seated, Jihyo dims the light and shushes everyone.

 

Unfortunately for you, tonight is one of those nights. It wasn’t even a minute in the movie and the first person dies already.

 

You sink back at the couch and realized you and Dahyun will be cuddling again tonight (which Chaeyoung loves because she gets to be the big spoon) and hope that none of you will have nightmares.

 

Chaeyoung on the other hand has been entranced by the movie. Well. You’re not surprised. For someone whose favorite move is about a guy with scissor-hands… this really should phase her.

 

Dahyun is seated in front of you on the floor and you can feel her squirming, with both Sana and Nayeon sandwiching her and holding her in place, occasionally laughing at her when she jumps. Jeongyeon and Jihyo are seated on the other side of Momo, already ready with their blankets.

 

Momo pulls your head to whisper something in your ear so you lean into her. “Don’t worry, Tzuyu-ah. You can hold onto me if you’re feeling scared.” You take the offer quickly and intertwines your hands. You’re gonna be gripping into it hard and hope that it’s payback enough.

 

You whisper back, “If you know half of us don’t like these movies, why do you keep choosing it?”

 

“Maybe I like it when you cuddle to me for a change.”

 

You roll your eyes and hit her. You wonder if you should pull an aegyo and say ‘I love you’ to her, maybe she’ll change the movie to something cheesy.

 

“And it’s funny to see Jeongyeon squeal like a little girl.” Momo said pointing to her side where Jeongyeon jumps to her seat when the killing montage has started.

 

“You’re so mean, unnie.” Tzuyu says while laughing a little. You’re quite thankful she’s distracting you from the movie.

 

Momo giggles alongside you. But then you notice that she’s looking at you a little longer and you wonder if there’s something in your face. She leans in and says, “I’m like TT, just like TT. Tell me that you’d be my baby.” She singsongs.

 

You stare back at her still stoic, blinking your eyes slowly. She keeps leaning into you and you don’t phase. Nope. Not one bit. In fact, you even give her your dimple smile.

 

When your noses touch, she stays there for half a second before she pulls back and groans. (You’re actually quite impressed she even managed to come that close) You smile confidently in success. Always works. “How are you so unaffected by that?” She complains, giving you a nudge.

 

Jeongyeon nudges Momo and covers trying to hide her laughter. “Momo, I don’t know what’s worse. Watch this horrible movie or watch you fail miserably at flirting with Tzuyu.”

 

“This is not a horrible movie!”

 

Jihyo snickers and said, “At least you don’t deny failing miserably.”

 

Momo whines and pouts as she buries her head in the nook of your neck. You pat her head comfortingly.

 

Jeongyeon laughs and imitates Momo’s parts, “I feel like crying, I don’t feel like myself , this is not like me at all.” Making faces that made you burst into laughing, and Momo whines in protest.

(Nunmul nal geot gatae

Anin geot gatae naega anin geot gatae)

 

When you join Jihyo in, “I love you so much.”

 

Momo gasps and glares at you, “Betrayal!”

 

The four of you laugh until Nayeon says, “Mind sharing what’s funny?”

 

Jeongyeon answers, “Only at you not getting in on the inside joke.”

 

When Nayeon was about to rebut, Momo says, “Shhhh. This is my favorite part.”

 

All of you turn to the TV only to regret it. You, Jihyo and Jeongyeon scream. Earning a laugh from Nayeon and Momo, with Chaeyoung very amused.

 

“Serves you right, scaredy cats”

 

You accept your destiny that it’s gonna be a long night. You get yourself settled and shift comfortably. Momo loops your arms together and you lean your head on top of hers.

 

When you jump, you hear her giggle. When you whimper, she would tease you that you sound like cat and you would hit her lightly. She’s clearly enjoying watching you so much.

 

Halfway into the movie, you’re gripping her hand tight, your nails are probably digging into her knuckles but she hasn’t complained yet. You spent the majority of the movie closing your eyes and hiding in the nook of her neck. She would cup your cheek when the scene ends. But at one particular scene, it hasn’t. When you look at the screen, the killer had slit someone’s throat. And the room erupts with screaming. You glare at her and she laughs at you in response.

 

You excused yourself and say you have to go the bathroom. Sometimes you wonder why there’s a large market for insanity and psychopathy. Chaeyoung says she’s gonna pause the movie for you and you glower at her. If you could stay in the bathroom ‘till the movie ends, you would. You urge her not to and say that you’ll be quick (not).

 

You were in the bathroom splashing water in your face, just trying to distract yourself when you hear a knock at the door. You jump and put your hand on your chest.

 

You close your eyes and try to remind yourself how collected you are. And how it’s not real, and someone won’t magically appear in the dorm and starts slashing everyone.

 

“Tzuyu, it’s me.”

 

You sigh disappointedly. Seems like you won’t be escaping movie night as you planned.

 

You open the door as you dry your face with the face towel.

 

“You okay?” Momo asks, looking at you kindly.

 

“Just calming myself .”

 

She nods and pulls you into a hug. “We can watch a funny one next.”

 

“Up to you, unnie. It’s your night.” But yes, please.

 

“Awww” She pulls your head so it lands on her shoulder. You sigh tiredly.

 

“Come on. You barely saw the movie. It’ll be fine.” She tells you comfortingly

 

“Yes. But I still heard the gun shots and the screams.” You shiver as you hear it flowing in your ear. You’re gonna have to listen to your playlist before you sleep. You bow into her shoulder closing your eyes tightly.

 

“How do you even watch that? It’s… not you.” Your voice muffled in her shirt.

 

“I just like it. Sometimes you can’t explain why you like something.” She moves her hand to run circles in your back as the other threads in your hair. You wrap your arms in her waist and grip into the sides of her sweater tightly.

 

She massages your scalp, her fingertips hitting points in your head in the right spot. You lean back into it unintentionally while your eyes relaxes.

 

“Feels good?”

 

You moan in approval.

 

She smiles and continues what she’s doing, “Calming you better than the water?”

 

“Yes. So much. Any way we can continue this in the bedroom?”

 

She gasps, “Hmmm… Is that a proposal, Tzuyu-ah?”

 

“If that means I get to escape that,” You say as you bury your head into her deeper while you hear another squeal from the living room, “while you give me a massage as I look up videos of ‘weird dogs friendship’ to cleanse my eyes, then yes. That’s what I’m proposing.”

 

You feel her body vibrate as she laughs. You look at her curiously and see her smile towards you. She stops massaging your head momentarily, but then proceeds to cup your face.

 

There’s a loud bang that made you jump and you hold onto her tighter, making you lean into her. With your position, your faces got closer that your lips are almost touching.

 

Your eyes both widen, but it felt like you two are waiting for someone to move.

 

But no one does. You’re both standing still. Just like before, but this time you can feel there’s an invisible tension.

 

You see her tilt her head slightly to the side. And you wonder if it’s gonna be the same as before. If she’s waiting till you crack first. But you saw her eyes glance down to your lips briefly, then back to your eyes.

 

Uhmmm. What?

 

Right now, it’s just you and Momo…

 

“I… uhmm… sorry for interrupting but I really need to pee.”

 

…and Dahyun.

 

Momo breaks away from you, not without sighing.

 

And you press your lips in a thin line. Pretending hard that you didn’t know what it means.

 

Ever since the switch, you deal with Momo’s confession deliberately and rationally: you pretend you didn’t even hear it. And that’s the right thing to do! Because she didn’t tell you that, she told Sana… in confidence. And you respect that by erasing it in your mind.

 

Just like what you once said. If you meet a bad person, walk away from it.

 

It’s something you have followed ever since.

 

When there’s a topic you don’t want to discuss, you ignore it and pretend you were lost in translation.

 

Momo loops her arm to yours and pulls you towards the living room, “Come come. You’re not getting away from the sequel.”

 

“What do you mean sequel? What happens to the funny one??”

 

 

The first thing you noticed when you wake up is the banging in your head.

 

When you sit up and realized you were in Sana’s room you groan in frustration. You lie back to Sana's bed and hope that the bed will swallow you.

 

Not again.

 

You didn’t think you’re ever gonna get switched again. Seeing as you two didn’t really figure out why or how you two switched. Didn’t even conclude on how you two got your bodies back, you stopped trying completely.

 

You rub your temples deeply and heaved a sigh.

 

Later you met up with Sana and you two share a dejected look. Realizing you both have plans today, you agreed to cancel all of them (except Sana’s schedule on the practice room because you don’t want her to look bad. She agreed to come with you).

 

Doing it the second time isn’t as panicking as the first.

 

Somehow you find your way back to Sana’s body… like it’s fitting you as a glove.

 

Well not really. But Sana insists you two should treat it as a blessing instead of a curse.

 

When she tried to kiss you, you started running away from her.

 

“Why are you running away from the answer?” She says cutely. And you groan. Because you realize that you’ll have to witness your body and your face doing cute things again.

 

“Because it took us overnight to change back last time! Clearly the kiss wasn’t the answer.”

 

“Well the confession didn’t either so…”

 

“Maybe it only lasts 24 hours?”

 

Seems like it’s the only logical solution for you both, you’ve agreed to do the same thing you did last time.

 

Take a very quick shower and get dressed just as fast NO MORE AEGYO AND BEING Y Do a confession about each other at night Kiss (Sana insists this should be added or else she’s gonna start posting pictures of you on Instagram) Wait for the 24 hours to be over

 

+1 And that you should try to figure how on Earth are you two exchanging bodies. And why. Because you’re gonna start touring, and it’ll be a disaster if you switch on a tour date day.

 

So here you are in the practice room, learning about each other’s dance moves just in case. You figure this is quite harder to do without the other members.

 

“Why can’t we tell the other members again?” You complain as you massage your temple. The headache is there and you’ve done 3 songs already. About 20 more. You sigh. You were supposed to have lunch with a friend today, and here you are learning Sana’s places and moves.

 

“Because when I tried, Momo thought I was high.” Sana says casually, handing you a bottle of water.

 

“You told Momo-unnie?”

 

“Of course I did. I’m surprised you didn’t tell anyone. You were the one who wanted to.”

 

You wanted to, when it was happening. So they can help you brainstorm how to deal with it. Not after.

 

“I didn’t know how to explain so I didn’t. And it’s been a month since the last time so I thought it won’t happen again.”

 

“Momo ended up laughing so much I thought she’s gonna die. To be fair, that was after you two got drunk so she also thought I was delusional because of the alcohol.” You stiffen at what she said. They talked right after the switch? “Speaking of. We’re gonna add that to the list. No more drinking.”

 

You clear your throat, desperate to change the topic and says, “But in Secret Garden, it’s because of the drink!”

 

She puts her hand in her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter