Chapter 5

Someone You Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji Eun plays Donghae’s girlfriend in the drama. They were rehearsing lines when she got a call from Hyukjae. Ji Eun excused herself for a while and walked away from the set.

 

Hyukjae: Are they really pairing you up with Donghae? I’m worried about what he would do to get back at me.

 

Ji Eun: What are you talking about? As far as he knows, you’re dating Dara. I doubt he will even talk to me.

 

Hyukjae: Good, that’s good. I miss you. Can I see you later?

 

Ji Eun: I don’t know what time the shoot will end. If it’s still early, I’ll call you.

 

Hyukjae: Ok, I love you.

 

Ji Eun: I love you too. (walking back to the set)

 

Donghae overheard the last part of the conversation. 

 

Donghae: Oh, are you currently dating someone?

 

Ji Eun: Uhmm...

 

Donghae: I didn’t mean to pry, I just overheard

 

Ji Eun: Yeah, I kind of am.

 

Donghae: Seems like everyone here is dating. 

 

Ji Eun: Not really, but maybe a majority

 

Donghae: How have you been Ji Eun? I’m glad you are my partner for this drama. 

 

Ji Eun: Yeah, I’m thankful for that too because sometimes it gets awkward to do some scenes.

 

There was sudden chatter on the set. It seems like a coffee truck was sent to one of the cast. A bunch of flowers were also delivered. Ji Eun wondered who it was for.

 

Production assistant: Do you want me to get you anything from the food truck guys? They have sandwiches and salads

 

Ji Eun: Who’s it from?

 

Production assistant: I believe it is from Top. It’s great that Dara and him are close friends up to now. He even sent dozens of flowers.

 

Ji Eun: Oh, cool. Yeah, if you could get me a salad please, how about you Donghae?

 

Donghae: (Frowning) No thanks.

 

Director: Okay, Ji Eun and Donghae, we’ll shoot your scene later. We have to shoot another one first because there has been a change in the schedule.

 

Donghae and Ji Eun: Okay.

 

Donghae went off the set and sat together with the crew. He wondered why Top was even sending Dara a coffee truck. The last time he heard about any interaction between those two, they were not in good terms. He clearly remembers the time he and Dara broke up. It was because of Top. He may be the same reason Hyukjae and Dara will break up. Donghae didn’t know how he would feel about that. 

 

Dara and Chanyeol were getting ready to film a scene. It was a really hot day and they had to shoot a scene in the afternoon which made it worse. Donghae was observing the two getting ready when Donghae saw Chanyeol reach out to remove some of Dara’s hair sticking to her forehead. He wondered if that was part of the scene, but it doesn’t look like it. Hyukjae should be watching his back, Donghae thought. There are guys who would jump at the opportunity to date her. 

 

Dara just finished the take and was getting ready for the next one with Ji Eun and Donghae when she received a call from Top.

 

Top: So, did you like the flowers?

 

Dara: Thank you for the flowers and the food truck but you really didn’t have to 

 

Top: You should have stopped at thank you, babe

 

Dara: Top, I really don’t know why you’re being like this. I thought we already talked about letting go and moving on. I think it’s just your pride that’s doing the talking. 

 

Top: (laughing) I knew you hate being c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter