Chapter 1

Someone You Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae was in a hurry to go back to the dorm after getting some of his things from the apartment. He went back to the dorm after he and Donghae had a falling out due to the scandal brought on by a picture he posted on social media. He can’t tell him the truth that there was nothing to the rumor that him and Donghae’s ex, Dara, are dating. He had to protect the girl he really loves and is grateful for the distraction of what the so-called scandal brings. His phone rang as he was just about to leave his apartment.

 

Shindong: Are you guys really not going to discuss this issue? How long are you going to avoid each other like this?

 

Hyukjae: Hyung, I’d rather not talk about it. If you’re worried that it will affect the rest of the group, I promise to do my best to avoid conflict when we have schedules.

 

Shindong: I don’t understand it Hyukjae, of all the girls in Korea, why did you have to chose Donghae’s ex? You just broke the guy code.

 

Hyukjae: I’m sorry I have to go. Talk to you later, hyung.

 

Hyukjae was glad Dara was in on it. He may be linked to her but he’s actually seeing his ex, Ji Eun. Dara and Ji Eun lived in a duplex that was connected via private door in which he can pass through without people knowing. Dara and her family lived in one-side and Ji Eun and In Na just moved in next door. When the rumor broke out that he and Dara might be dating, he was surprised that Dara was okay with pretending that there was something going on between them. He can still recall the conversation.

 

Hyukjae: Dara, I’m really sorry about this. I didn’t mean to cause you trouble.

 

Dara: Oh don’t worry about it. I’m used to it by now. If people believe every little rumor about me, then I guess I can be considered a serial dater.

 

Hyukjae: I’m surprised you’re taking this lightly.

 

Dara: Because I’m happy for you guys! You’re finally back together! Maybe since I know the truth, I’m not as affected by the impact of the scandal. Everything will come to light when you guys are ready to admit you’re dating.

 

Hyukjae: So it’s okay to come over your house? What if people think...

 

Dara: They shouldn’t, I live with my family so as long as you go home at appropriate times and not stay overnight, you’re fine. I could sue for defamation if they ever make up stories.

 

Hyukjae: I don’t know how to thank you 

 

Dara: Hey, what are friends for?

 

Hyukjae: My only other problem is Donghae. 

 

Dara: What about him?

 

Hyukjae: Can I tell him what’s going on?

 

Dara: What for? You know what...speaking of a serial dater, you’re friend is definitely one. I’ve lost track of how many girls he’s been linked to since we broke up. 

 

Hyukjae: There’s actually a reason for that...

 

Dara: I’m sorry, but whatever reason that is, it is not good enough. And no, you can’t tell him. You know how he randomly blurts out things when he’s on camera? Remember both our reputations are on the line, so unless you and Ji Eun are ready to fight for your relationship and announce you’re together, let them speculate about us. 

 

Hyukjae: Okay, thanks again.

 

Dara: You’re welcome! Fighting!

 

Hyukjae got off the elevator just as Donghae and his girlfriend was about to get in. Hyukjae happened to look at Donghae but the guy was deliberately ignoring him. The girlfriend acknowledged him but Donghae just pulled her in before the doors closed. Hyukjae shook his head, wondering how he was going to patch things up with his friend. He didn’t expect him to react this way, it’s been almost five years since Donghae and Dara broke up. Hyukjae got into the waiting van. Their manager was surprised to see him.

 

Manager: I was just about to call you...did you run into Donghae?

 

Hyukjae:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter