Chapter 11

Someone You Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara saw Donghae looking at a painting as she entered the home office. He turned around and smiled sheepishly.

 

Dara: What do you have to say to me?

 

Donghae: Would you like to sit down first?

 

Dara sat at one of the chairs and Donghae sat across her. 

 

Donghae: Thank you for agreeing to meet with me

 

Dara: Just get to the point.

 

Donghae: (Sighing) Okay. Dara, I know you have every right to be angry at me. I was wrong. I was stupid. I let jealousy get the best of me.

 

Dara: Why now? Why all of a sudden? Are you really that afraid to not be in a relationship for a few seconds that you need to find a rebound?

 

Donghae: Do you really think I’m doing this for a rebound relationship?

 

Dara: I heard you just broke up with you’re girlfriend, you seem to be really good at that.

 

Donghae: What do you mean?

 

Dara: Oh seriously? Are you going to say you didn’t break up with me?

 

Donghae: I didn’t say that specifically. I said I was leaving and then we just drifted a part.

 

Dara: Stop playing semantics, you were the one who left, you were the one who said you couldn’t trust me anymore.

 

Donghae: I was jealous. I was mad. I wanted to reach out to you but I was too proud to admit I was wrong.

 

Dara: And instead you found solace in other women. Help me understand how we can mend all that and start all over again?

 

Donghae: We can if we try...

 

Dara: Didn’t think of you as an optimist.

 

Donghae: I know you’re upset and still mad at me. I am willing to prove to you how much you mean to me. 

 

Dara: There’s no need. Apology accepted but I’m sorry, I’m not interested in what you have to offer.

 

Donghae: Are you sure that’s really how you feel? Because the other day...

 

Dara: That was a remnant of a feeling. Nothing more. 

 

Donghae: Okay, I’ll respect your decision. As I’ve said, I will leave you alone after we’ve talked.

 

Dara: Thank you. It was nice working with you. 

 

Dara felt that her chest was tight and heavy. She didn’t want to turn around because she might end up crying. She had to do what she had to do because she felt once the trust was gone, there was no turning back. 

 

Time passed by. Weeks turned into months. It was in the middle of winter when she saw Donghae again.

 

Ji Eun: Dara! Dara! Let me in!

 

Dara: What’s wrong? What’s happening? 

 

Ji Eun: In Na is not here, I need someone to go with me to the hospital, Hyukjae was in an accident.

 

Dara: Oh my, okay, let me get ready. I’ll meet you outside.

 

Dara and Ji Eun drove to the hospital in complete silence. She could tell that her friend was so anxious about knowing whether Hyukjae is okay. When they got to the emergency room. Ji Eun saw Hyukjae and ran towards him. He seemed to have some bandages and a couple of bruises but he seemed relatively okay. Dara observed them at a distance from the waiting room, then she saw them look at her like something was wrong. Her heart sank, she stood up and walked unsteadily towards them. She can sense from the looks on their faces what it was. She started crying.

 

Dara: Where is he? How is he?

 

Hyukjae: They said he is still in surgery. Dara, I’m sorry. I would be dead by now if not for Donghae. He turned the vehicle towards the driver’s side even if the car that slid was supposed to hit my side. It was an accident, the roads were slippery.

 

Ji Eun: Dara, be strong, they said he is in critical condition

 

Dara left the emergency room and was walking in a daze looking for a chapel. She did not know when was the last time she prayed at a chapel but she really wanted to plead for Dongha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter