Home

Love : Conundrum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you remember me?" had no idea why such nonsensical question slip out from my trembling lips while she sobbed her heart out in my embrace. 

Yet she still answered with a nod.

"Chaeyeon... you look pale." she stopped crying after a while, the next thing I knew she placed her hand on my forehead. "Are you not feeling well? I realize your heartbeat was pretty weak." She continued while wiping the rest of her tears in her eyes and cheeks with her sleeve.

And that made me realized I was shivering this whole time, my weak body couldn't resist the cold. The adrenaline failed to force my heart pumped faster to balanced the cold weather surrounding me.

"What are you looking for?" She reached her purse and took a silver-coloured medium size pouch with a red cross on the side and opened it to grabbed a stethoscope stored inside.

"Stay still, I'll check your pulse." She cruised the stethoscope over my chest and I could only look at her dear face. The face that used to annoyed me every time, a face that I've been wanted to see.

"Deep breath in and do not exhale until I say so." I nodded and inhaled the cold air. "Exhale..." as soon as she told me, I exhaled the breath I had held for a few seconds. 

I tried to caress her long hair but the trembling in my hand stopped me. 

"Sakura... I'm cold..." 

She took off the stethoscope from her ears and then pulled my lower eyelids downward.

"We need to go to the hospital, you're not well, your pulse is weak, your face is pale and you're shivering." I saw a pair of worried eyes on her face while she roughly explained to me how weak my body is.

"No... I don't want to." I refused her suggestion. "I want to be with you." 

"But Chae... you need to go to the hospital so you can better quickly." She tried to convince me, but I keep refused like a child who just met his mother after a long time.

I didn't mind about whatever happened to my body, I only wanted to be with the one I've been longing for years

"I don't need a hospital, I need you..."

"Still stubborn don't you? Fine... but promise me we will go to the hospital first time in the morning if you don't get better, ill call a taxi."

There's no better option than that, so I agreed. At least tonight I'm not going anywhere but with her.


"let me call a taxi, wait here."

***


"Where are you going to take me?"

"My house."

That phrases from last night keep roaming around my head. 

For the last twelve years, I never thought I would have all of these things happened, and here I am, at her house, eating porridge she cooked earlier for my breakfast. 

"You can sleep in my bedroom, I'll sleep on the sofa."

"No.. no.. no, you don't have to, I'll use the sofa instead."

"Stop being stubborn, you're sick. I took you here so I can treat you, I'll take some medicines."

She wasn't lying when she told me she'd treat me, instead of sleeping on the sofa like she said last night, I found her sat on a chair beside the bed when I woke up, sleeping while her hand holding mine.

"You don't like porridge?" Probably she noticed how I keep playing with the spoon stirring the porridge instead of eating it.

"No... it's good, it just brings back the memories from high school."

Well... porridge never my favourite thing to eat but this one was different. It reminded me of the time she brought me food when we were in high school. So I took my time to finish it.

"Are you feeling better?"

"I think so... thanks to you." I did feel much better like I never fell ill before, I just didn't know what cause it, the medicine she gave or her presence.

"Last night... when you're sleeping, your phone rang, so I took a peek, you had a chat notification from Hyewon, is she your lover?"

"No... she is my friend."

"F-friend??? Do you have a friend? The last time I remember you dislike the idea of having a friend."

"I have three... I also have a cat that always reminds me about you cause she has your eyes."

I told her about Iris while looking deeply into her heterochromatic eyes, she smiled, probably glad that the 'Me' she knew in high school already gone. 

"Can I ask you something?" She ended her smile with a question. 

"After all these years probably you have a lot of questions, right? Because I do."

"Of course I have so many things to ask... but for now... can you explain this?" She put my medication container in the table. "I found it inside one of your coat's pocket and please do not lie, I'm a doctor, I know what kind of drugs these are." She added.

"If you know what drugs are those, you should already know what happened to me too."

"I want to know the details, since when? What causes it? How long has that been happening?"

She didn't change at all, asking a few questions at one time, that's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter