Spark

Love : Conundrum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Urgh...'

a painful headache greeted me the second I opened my eyes. 

'How long did I sleep?'

After blankly stared at the unfamiliar ceiling, I felt something itchy on the back of my right hand and also heard a constant beeping sounds. With the dizziness I felt on my head, I forced my body to sit and saw green curtains surrounded me and this bed with whatever exists beyond that curtains.

'Is this hospital?... why?'

I tried to make a sound to notify the nurse, the doctor, or anybody but I can't, seem like my vocal chord still too weak to vibrate. 

So... I gave up and lay back down again, seeing the same unfamiliar ceiling I saw before.

I traced back the time trying to recollect what happened to me. I remembered someone calling my name before my consciousness faded, and the peoples that surrounded me before that. Slowly but sure my mind tracing backwards and recalled everything until I saw her face from distant.

My mind stuck on the scene where I saw her and it won't go back any further.

Or...

I intentionally stopped my mind at that particular scene. To re-embrace a satisfying yet miserable moment to encounter. Memories of her relapsed on my head, it put a smile on my face and also tears on my eyes.

Relieved...

A perfect word to describe what my heart feels. I have no idea that 12 years of sorrowful days without her erased by a few seconds of joy when I saw her.

*shriek*

Someone opened the curtain and interrupted my beautiful muse about Sakura. 

"You've woke up??"

It was them, my friends. Yujin walked away to notified the doctor, while the other two stayed and I saw worries drawn on their faces.

"Thank god..." Hyewon lowered her face, and I noticed she tightened her fist... her habit if she got angry.

"Are you insane? You left your meds and had the gut to walk alone. see your condition now? It was fortunate we quickly realized that you left your medicine and immediately looked for you."

"I'm sorry... I j-"

"What if something worse happened? What if I didn't see a crowd of peoples gathering on the sidewalk? Don't... just don't do that again."

Oh...so it was Hyewon voice I heard calling my name, she was the one who found me. 

"I won't... I'm sorry..."

"Excuse me... You've woke up Ms Lee Chaeyeon, I need to check her vital signs... could you please..."

Yujin back with the doctor who immediately told my friends to give her some space to examine my body.

"In case you wondering you were unconscious for 10 hours after experiencing a panic attack. Your friends had told me that you have a history of panic disorder and they also told me that currently, you're on medication related to that, do you take the medicine regularly as prescribed?"

"Yes... I do... usually the panic attack occurred after I woke up from a certain nightmare... it was the first time that happened not because of the nightmare. "

"Do you remember what did you see or heard before the panic attack happened?"

"... I do... I remember what I saw..."

"Please, do tell me..." 

My eyes took turns seeing my three friends who stood beside the bed before they go back to look at the doctor.

"I saw... I saw someone I haven't seen in 12 years about to get on the bus..."

As I expected, once told the doctor l, the eyes of my three friends bug out, as if they could not believe what they had just heard.

The ghost... I could finally see a figure they always labelled as the ghost.

"This someone... did she or he affected you in the past?"

"Affected???"

"Was she or he, your family member? A Friend? Or your loved one?"

"She was... my... girlfriend..."

"Oh... I see... my next question might be somewhat sensitive, may I?"

"Yes... you may..."

"Has your girlfriend ever done anything terrible to you?"

I sighed hard before answering the question.

"No, she hasn't... It was me-"

"Excuse me doc... when will she be discharged from the hospital? We have to fly back to Korea at 4 pm."

Hyewon cut me and divert the doctor attention with her question. It might be rude to the doctor, but I understand why she did that.

"Her condition is stable enough to be discharged, however, I'm afraid I can't let her fly home, I have to make sure her condition improves."

"The please discharged her..."

"Very well then, please come with me, I need you to sign some paper first, and then she free to go, but she needs to come back tomorrow for another checkup."

The doctor stood and walked, then Hyewon followed her and left me with Yujin and Minjoo.

"Sorry, I made you all worried..."

"Unnie... This is why we go on vacation together, in anticipation of this kind of situation occurs." 

Yujin replied while holding my left hand.

I couldn't deny the fact that I single-handedly ruined our supposedly fun and relaxing vacation, I look at their worried expressions, especially Minjoo whose face depicts confusion as if she had unfinished thoughts inside her head and remain silent this whole time.

"Ms Lee Chaeyeon, You can leave the hospital, please don't forget to come back tomorrow." 

The doctor came back and remind me to return tomorrow, Hyewon also came back following the doctor after she took care of the administration. 

"Let's go back to the hot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter