That One Person, You

How Are You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I figured that I wouldn't see my Minkyung again. To spare myself and this fictional Yaebin the agony, let's conclude the story with something sweet. Hahaha I may post an alternative ending. Always wanted to try writing a sad one. Never in my life I wrote a sad ending before.

Blue italics is Yaebin’s monologue while red is Minkyung’s. The monologue is from Jessica’s solo song, That One Person, You. It was for Sooyoung’s 2013 drama.

Enjoy to whoever is reading this throwaway emotion fic of mine. It is my first time substantiating the emotions of the characters with lyrics.

----------------------

Yaebin was walking on the streets after a day of school and the thought that came to her mind was none other than the giant senior, in the form of Kim Minkyung. It was funny how she still missed her even though they have not met for 4 years. The human that she adores the most wasn't there for her.

Like a fool, I am waiting

Yaebin breathed deeply, feeling the air fill her lungs. It was calming. She took another breath, this time closing her eyes as she inhaled.

Come to me just like this
My last wish is
That one person, you

As she exhaled, her eyes slowly open and she continued walking. It was not long before her steps were halted by something, an accident.

Each minute and each second hurts so much

Even God was making fun of her, causing an accident when she was in misery.

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry," she apologised as she knocked onto someone.

The stranger was picking up papers that were strewn on the floor.

"I am very sorry, let me help you." she hastily picked up the papers and put them neatly before passing the stack of papers back to the poor stranger that she bumped into.

As her eyes met the stranger, her breathing hitched. All she did was to blurt of 3 words, "Kim Minkyung."

In front of her was none other than someone who she had missed a lot. God was literally making fun of her.

The one person who appears even when I close my eyes
The person who is next to me even in my dreams
Do you even remember me?

"Hey stranger. Didn't expect to see you here,” said the older of the two.

Gosh, Yaebin missed her voice. Everything felt like it was a dream. All she did was to quickly turn around and legs were ready to run towards the opposite direction, right after she recovered from her mini trance.

To you, I’m a small person
Just someone you know

She knew that her heart couldn't handle it. It was the same exact action she did when she bumped into Minkyung back in high school, at the exam hall.

Do you even think of me?

As she was about to take her first step, she felt a hand on her right wrist, stopping her from running away.

Do you even remember me?

"You really hate meeting old friends huh. I'm hurt but I am not letting you go this time,” said the tall girl. Minkyung was determined to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter