Chapter 9

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cause I believe It's not your fault

Don't be scared you are my rock

SYML's voice ringed through the whole car ride, filling the silence between Jennie and Jaebum. Jennie herself was clueless about why she felt confused and sad. She was supposed to get some coffee with him and try to mend their non-existent past friendship. It was awkward at first, sweet and warm later, but so confusing at the end.

She had never got a boyfriend or even guy friends beside Yugyeom and Bambam who weren't into skinship much or should she say gentle soft touches with extra care that she never experienced before? She was puzzled about how she felt when Jaebum cared a little too much than usual, was she exaggerating? Did she meddle too much into Jaebum's life when she mentioned his girlfriend?

Jaebum stopped the car stopped in front of Jennie's destination. He glanced at Jennie, who was fidgeting in her seat, before looking at him.

"T-thank you for today, Jaebum. I enjoyed it a lot," Jennie whispered lightly, hesitance visible in her voice. Jaebum stared at her with a blank face without uttering a word, his mind distracted by Jennie's eyes staring at his soul instead of saying something. Jennie took it as a cue for her to leave, breaking the eye contact as she grabbed her bag with her other hand, unbuckling the seat belt, then pulling the car's handle.

"Wait!" Jaebum said, holding Jennie's wrist to stop her. Jennie squinted up at him, waiting for him to speak.

"I-I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable, I didn't mean to, and I truly had fun and enjoyed every single second we spent together, Thank you for today, Jennie," He muttered looking down unable to meet Jennie's eyes, his hands unconsciously playing with Jennie's fingers out of nervousness.

"Oh!no It was great sorry for acting up and ruining the mood, I was just startled and-" Jennie apologized then stopped when Jaebum looked up at her, leaning a bit close focusing on what she was supposed to say oblivious to how close they are and Jennie's cheeks that were getting red.

"Yes?" Jaebum whispered, urging her to continue.

"Was confused, I guess? I don't know so sorry, Jaebum,"

"It's okay! Enough with our apologies. We enjoyed the day nonetheless! There is just one thing left to clear here." Jaebum stated with a hint of seriousness as Jennie frowned at him, tilting her head in confusion.

"I don't have a girlfriend, Jennie. I'm pretty single, what about you?" He cleared the misunderstanding with a cheeky smile, attacking Jennie who her eyes went wide, her cheeks red as a tomato from the embarrassment.

"Oh...okay. I'm single and BYE, GOOD NIGHT" Jennie proclaimed before jumping out of the car, running into her bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter