Chapter 6

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark smelled the yellow tulips he bought from the flower shop and smiled, thinking about a certain person. The same person he was ordering coffee for, from the eco-friendly cafe she loved.

Mark spent last week thinking about Rose and his feelings. He took a slight step back in their friendship to see if he really cared for her more than he should, and it turned out that he did. He stared at her instead of listening to what she was saying, laughing at her laugh and playfulness, mad when anyone hurt her, missing her in everything he did without her. He realized that he loved her and wanted to protect her forever.

Mark carried the coffee with a hand and the tulips with the other hand and went to university with so much enthusiasm and joy that he stopped himself from running, jumping or shouting from happiness.

His eyes caught Rose standing in front of their office, wearing a white formal jumpsuit, black heels matching with an elegant black hair clip on her hair, eyes on her phone. She looked stunning in Mark's eyes,, and his loud heartbeats were proof. He went to her and grinned when she noticed him. She frowned seeing bright Mark looking at her like that after weeks of ignoring her but quickly smiled back at him.

'Maybe he is fine now?' Rose thought.

"Smiley Mark is back after weeks!" Rose .

"Hey! Want me to be grumpy again?!"

"Please no, Mark! What was wrong with you, though!? I seriously hated you and was worried sick about you"

"I had some issues but everything is fine now,"

"Glad, Markie!" Rose cooed, pinching his cheek. She then looked down and noticed the coffee and flowers.

"Oh! You got me coffee?!" she asked. He chuckled at how cute she was as he handed her the coffee holder so she could take her coffee.

"For the only beautiful girl I know, the one in front of me" Mark said with a wink. Rose blushed, looking at him with amusement.

"Well, that was cheesy, Markie but thank you" Rose said taking her coffee and tasted it, still looking at the tulips with curiosity.

"Well...I haven't only bought you coffee" Mark said then paused, he felt so nervous that he wanted to run away even after practicing multiple times on how he would invite her for a date to confess. He swallowed and looked up at her again and met her confused curious face that was waiting for him to continue.

"I-I have been avoiding you for weeks a-and I know you were upset. I-I just was thinking and dealing with a lot of things I needed to figure out before talking to you" he stopped talking again without breaking the eye contact with her. His hand that was holding the tulips moved to his chest as he was seconds from giving them to her " I think we need to talk about us so after work would you like to--" he was cut by a sound coming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter