I didn't sign up for this: Hendery's Daily work

Shared Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(><) Ugh...Well yeah at this point I don't need to tell you all I am just bad with timings should I?

Good news? Well uhm next chapter is half finished (Like more then 3K....) and another chap is also starting to being written halfway...

Not to mention that finals are ending soon, so yeah next week Wednesday should be update day.

What else? Oh yes, this is actually a chapter that I modified to answer @Jaemin09 question for chapter 2: Why did Jeno's friends fought with Jeno? Well this is the background story. It wasn't supposed to be a story, but I could fit it well with Hendery/Renjun dynamics so I thought...why not?

This is why I tell Cizenies to not hesitate with comments and requets. I am checking if there are any left that can fit in upcoming chapters.

Anyway...I updated the list (of those who sended me a message that they crowdfunded the story), so normally you guys should have a week or slightly more access to this chapter the others...IF not please contact me ><

I am a bit flustered for next next chapter...Like a bit of writers block, but yeah I have some time to handle this...hopefully (^^;)

Anywayz, as always hope you Cizenies enjoy this X3

Lots of love

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Notice of Age: 2 years before happenings of Crazy Fanmeeting;

Renjun/Hendery= 17, Jeno = 16)

 

Hendery would always remember the very first thought he had as he had been introduced to his young master for the very first time, even though he had been not less then 5 years old;

Weak.

You couldn’t blame Hendery for his naivity: despite his young age, he had been taught since he was born that he would serve the young master. For this goal, he had been educated with a strict regimen, one that would allow him to have firm base so that he would one day join the ranks of elites of the Neo Green Dragon clan.

Needless to say, Hendery had been unimpressed by Renjun’s frail look, the boy clinging to his baby brother like it was his dead or life essence itself.

The now 17 year old Hendery was convinced that there were three scary things in life. First were frogs: they were the absolute fear of his life... Third place went to failure and loss of control.

And the second thing was non other then Dong Renjun.

Dont get him wrong: The young master treated him well, the reason Hendery feared him was because of another aspect.

The Neo Green Dragon Clan was specialised in one thing: “Information”. Their martial arts had always been focused on retrieving information, and the majority of their arts were focused on self-protection, with the exception of their “Secret Art” which was renowed for its aftereffects: Berseker mode.

Renjun Berserk Mode, was, as Hendery had discovered within his first week of their meeting, in one word: Ferocious.

It didn't matter if it was directed towards an innocent tolder that had pushed Chenle in the sandbox by accident; if not for the interference of Mark, Hendery would have witnessed a masacre of first degree. It was defenitely not something for which Hendery had signed up.

But as the years passed, Hendery started to get the giss of his job, and surprisingly bonded with Renjun to the point he considered him as a friend before being his young master.

When he received a phone call at 10 PM, Hendery wondered who had the luxury of having a second life as he couldn’t think for any other person then Renjun for giving him a call at this late hour; and even when the young master called this late it wasn’t for a session of chitchat.

His suspicions were confirmed as an extremely annoyed Renjun didn’t even bother to greet him;

“Jeno doesn’t speak to his old friends except for Heechul. I wanna know why, and if they dared to touch even a strand of his hair then I want you to break on of their arms and give me their names. I will handle the rest.”

Hendery shook his head; Jeno’s friends had always seemed smart, yet it seemed that they had regressed somehow.

Hendery nodded, eventhough Renjun couldn’t see him, hanging up the phone as he  didn’t even need to look for the reason why Jeno didn’t talk to them, he had seen their actions on camera tape already: Besides Heechul, every other friend’s name was already very clear to him; Afterall the school belonged to two people, one of them being Jeno’s dad while the other being Mark Hyungs father; Winwin had long asked to have access to the security of it, hence Hendery hadn’t veen bothered into hacking into the system as he had seen the video’s as soon as a day had passed: Not only did he...the father of the victim himself had already looked through them...

How would Jaehyun-shi allow for any harm to occur at his son? Ever since Mark’s bullying accident, a secretary reported the school events every day to now current President of NCT.

Jeno’s friends had truly been foolish.

The reason why nothing happened was merely due to the fact that Jaehyun-shi hadn’t found the perfect punishment yet for them: Hendery wondered whether those friends were lucky or unlucky that Renjun was trying to cut in and punish them instead of Jeno’s Appa.

Although Hendery knew the actions those friends had undertaken, he didn’t know yet why they had suddenly changed their attitude. It was also probably the reason why Jaehyun hadn’t taken action yet too... They had been good friends for more then 4 years, how come things had escalated to a fight?

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Can I talk to you for a moment?”

Heechul nearly shrieked, his hands gripping his chest as he looked towards the sudden voice which belonged noneother then Hendery who leaned back with ease against their lockers.

Heechul was an observant and smart guy; He recognised Hendery at once and he knew for what he came for.

“I have class...” although Heechul didn’t want to refuse the offer, but he couldn’t get himself to be late for this one: their teacher, Mrs. Shin wouldn’t hesitate to let him out of the class for two days straight.

“I know. So the quicker you answer, the quicker you can go.” Hendery’s voice was neither soft nor hard. Heechul sighed.

“Ask quickly please.”

Hendery nodded, spare with his words as he explained: “Three days ago Jeno and your friends seemed to have a big fight during the football training. Jeno is the capitain, but I heard that besides you, no one wanted to listen to him.”

Heechul didn’t seem surprised at the fact that Hendery knew this information, even though everyone of their soccer team hadn’t dared to speak a word of it: Jeno was popular and their friends had apparently not be foolish enough to go publicly against him: they still remembered that his Hyung had been someone who had expulsed the old board of shareholders, and since then most teachers and students avoided conflicting the Lee siblings.

“What did they argue about?” Hendery asked his first question as he scanned Heechul’s facial expression with interest: the person in front of him was no simple character after all.

 

Heechul was the son of a highly influencing politician, who had a wealthy family background. The problem lied in the fact that Heechul was in fact said politician mistress son: At the age of 6 he had moved into their official household, and sadly the very bad cliché of the official wife and the uncaring father neglecting their son had been Heechul’s constant daily life. The official wife, as far as Hendery knew from the background check, didn’t abuse Heechul nor did she give any less then her own son or daughter, but she ignored him as much as possible. His siblings carried the same attitude, and his mother wasn’t allowed to visit him for many years.

Heechul was a very background character, if not for Jeno being his friend, Hendery wouldn’t even have taken notice of him; his grades were good, but not overly good, slightly above average, and his presence was always easily overlooked.

“Heechul-ie is smart.” Jeno had answered with his eye smile, going as far as to say: “Everyone can have good grades, but not everyone can be smart. Also he isn’t a bad person.”

Jeno had earned the title of “academic ace” amongst his siblings since he was little; the boy was smart and would undoubtingly be a very capable heir of NCT, yet when Hendery had once asked about his friends, the boy had given kind remarks to everyone but had only praised Heechul so highly: what had intrigued Hendery was that besides the praises, Heechul had seemed the less closest amongst Jeno’s friends. Looking back at it, Hendery felt that maybe this boy was just good at not attracting attention but still taking the right actions...How come he had been the only one that hadn’t fought Jeno-ah?

 

“They argued about the strategy we should adopt for our match against SOA team. It’s next week, and it will be the first qualification match for the National High School League.” Heechul’s neutral voice answered the question as he exchanged his math books for Mrs. Shin’s biology books, closing his locker as he awaited Hendery’s next question.

“Why?” Hendery  asked once again curtly. He didn’t think Jeno’s friends were that bad to fight for such a matter, it also wouldn’t explain why Jeno didn’t interact with them anymore, going as far as to ignore his football’s club responsabilities by quitting it secretly a week before said competition.

Heechul sighed: “I don’t know.”

“You are lying.” Hendery replied instantly with an unimpressed voice, which was greeted by a frowning Heechul: “I real-”

“You are a good liar. I am a good reader. Besides you are the only one that wasn’t evolved, that cant be a coincidence.” Hendery explained curtly as his training would have been a waste if he wasn’t able to even handle a mere kid, no matter how special the kid’s background was.

Heechul stayed quite before mumbling: “I dont know for sure, its just a feeling kinda guesse...”

“Care to share it?”  

Heechul’s eyes glanced quickly around them, and upon noticing that no students were too close he answered: “We have had a transfer student in the beginning of the year...”

“Hwang Taewook”, Hendery remembered it as something he had taken note off a the start of the school year.

Heechul nodded; “No one really knows his background; he says that his father has a big company in Dubai and Qatar and he is no honorary student, so I guess most students believe him...”

“You dont?” Hendery asked as he understood the simple unsaid words.

Heechul shook his head.

“Why?”

Hendery knew of course that this Hwang Teawook wasn’t, but that was only thanks to the recourses of the Neo Green Dragon Clan that was behind him: having information was their everyday business but how did Heechul discover it?

“Because a lot if the things he say and does do not speak the same story. The other day he bragged about his house having a huge indoor pool, but when we went to Minho’s house the week after he looked the whole time with a bit of envy in his eyes; the first thing he said as he saw Minho’s pool was to say that his was bigger. Even if his was bigger, how much bigger could it be? Minho’s parents are well off, and having a big pool isn’t something usually people of our circle brag about.”

Heechul shifted  seeming uncomfortable as he continued: “I am the only one who’s house is in the opposite direction, so I happened to see him take the taxi after school for several times, yet he always shows off his picture with a BMW model which he would have received on his 16th birthday.

Those are some things amongst small ones that I couldn’t help but think he was either lying or he was very eccentric. The more time passed, the more I thought it was the former one.”

Hendery had to admit it; Jeno had been right, this Heechul was quite smart for being able to detect lies through such minor details.

Heechul had grown up his whole life taking care to note every details when adults spoke: it had been through this that he had managed to live without having his stepmother family’s wrath or problems with his sibilings and friends. He was the mistress son after all, no one would take care of him if he would end up in problems.

“He is indeed lying; his true identity is that he is the son of a Nany who took care of two world renowned designer’s children. Because of her good work, the designer rewarded her by sending her son here.” Hendery’s explaination didn’t seem to shock Heechul, nor did he seem to be proud that his assumptions had been right.

“What do his lies have to do with the fight?” Hendery asked, after taking note  of Heechul’s attitude.

Heechul winced: “Taewook always tried to befriend our circle...And I think he tried his best to impress Jeno. He kept asking us in the beginning why we always seemed to listen to him, and after the tenth attempt or something Minho was so annoyed that he replied with “Don’t you know there is always someone more powerful behind every powerful man?””.

Heechul winced again: “It was meant as a joke of course, Minho and the others didn’t care about Jeno’s influence, but Minho thought it would let him stop asking question...But instead he tried to impress Jeno even more, which didn’t work.”

Hendery wanted to laugh: What could impress a Lee sibiling would indeed be quite grandiose, and Jeno amongst his sibilings was the one that was smart when it came to people.

“Did he make up a lie because he couldn’t get Jeno?” Hendery’s guess made Heechul sigh again; “Yeah...but it wasn’t to Jeno that he lied. Instead he lied to Minho and the others.”

Hendery frowned, quickly having the giss of it: “He tried to set them up against Jeno?”

Heechul nodded: “Yeah. Subtly, and he went as far as involving other people in his lies.”

What a damn snake, Hendery suddenly felt his hands itching.

 “How?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter