He is the devil, and I am his advocate + Family Gathering Vlog

Shared Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
He is the devil, and I am his advocate

 

Shanghai was a city that never sleeps, and even now as the bright numbers of his office digital clock indicated that it was not even 5 AM in the morning, the people of WayV were already busing themselfes with handling an emergency that had occurred during the early morning.

Xiao Jun nodded towards his subordinate who had given him the report, before dismissing the people in the room.

Its only when it was silent, the rising sun greeting him through the big glassed window that Xiao Jun sighed.

A headache.

He had no doubt that his elder twin brother was also having one, as the meeting that would follow would definitely require for both of them to state their point of view on the situation.

Although his brother Yun was still trying to resist his current position, Xiao Jun didn’t really worry about his futile actions that had grown more weaker over the years.

What he worried about was how to handle this case without shaking WayV’s position.

“Maybe I should just silence them...” his tired mind made him mumble an empty threat and just as he wanted to maybe seriously consider the idea, his phone started to ring with a song that belonged none other than his stupid beloved Xuxi.

“It’s 5 AM Xuxi.” Xiao Jun greeted him with a desperate voice.

“Morning Junie!” Lucas ignored it, his voice awfully cheery for 5 AM, which didn’t surprise him as Lucas had always been like this: It however never ceased to make Xiao Jun wonder what exactly Xuxi ate for breakfast to be like that.

“What do you want? I have a meeting in less than an hour, so make it quick.” Xiao Jun sulked lightly as he wished he could be as happy as Lucas instead of dealing with such a headache.

“Junie, lets eat lunch together! You promised you would treat-”

“Not today Xuxi, I ain’t flying over just to have lunch with you when I am dealing with more important issues than apparently a prince of Thailand who should actually be busy.”

“Hey! I am busy, but I wanted to see you!” It was now Lucas turn to whine and Xiao Jun softened.

“Lets meet in the weekend. I will let you book my tickets, alright?”

“Why? I am already here, are you that busy-”

“You are HERE?!!” Xiao Jun interrupted his sworn brother who had the audacity to reply him with a mere “Yeah.”

Xiao Jun huffed: “Indeed you really seem busy huh.”

Lucas laughed before he explained: “I am here with Hyung and Jisungie. Jisung has his dance camp this week, didn’t I tell you that?”

Xiao Jun remembered that Lucas has said something about it. “And why are you with him then? Wasn’t his family, I mean his biological family supposed to be with him?”

There was a short silence before Lucas worriedly asked him: “How busy were you these last few days for you to not follow the international news? Is everything alright Junie?”

Xiao Jun gave a small smile, his heart nonetheless feeling more warm that the cold of the early morning: “You are thinking too much. I was on a mission and just came yesterday night. Didn’t had the time to catch up as I have an issue to handle now. What did I miss?”

Lucas seemed to ponder whether or not he should accept his explanation, which he did as he answered his question; “Super M had a fashion show in Milan, but there was an outbreak of a virus which led to the staff and some of the attendees being infected. They are trying to do some damage control and taking responsibility for it. Their plans to go and cheer for Jisung got some delay because of that, so Mark hyung and I are taking him already here and we will stay until at least his brother Kai comes here to take over.”

 “I see...Is Jisungie not upset with it?”

Lucas hummed; “A bit, but I think he is actually happy since he gets to have hyung and his family to spend time with him instead of only his family. And he is excited for the dance camp, its an international camp with quite the credits, so I think we are fine.”

“You seem to be happy too.” Xiao Jun smiled as he was glad Lucas was taking some time off. Although he always accused Lucas of not being busy enough, the truth was that he knew how hard working Lucas actually was; being the heir of SM Advocacy, a Thai Prince and the right hand of the Crown Prince, Lucas duties were more diverse than Xiao Jun.

“Of course, I was craving for good Chinese food for nearly a month now! Will you join us for lunch than?”

Xiao Jun grimaced; “I am not sure...”

“Oh come on, even Hyungwon-shi took time to spend with Hyung! Its not every time we get to have a mini-vacation.” Lucas sulked in his best puppy voice to convince him.

“Hyungwon is with you guys?” Xiao Jun’s wondered before an idea came to his mind.

Thats it. Why didn’t he think of it sooner!

“Yah, Lucas! Give me your hyung right now please!”

“Eh?”

“I have a favour to ask him.”

 

 

The loud sound of quarrelling voices didn’t phase Xiao Jun, who had since long closed his eyes, leaning on the back of his chair in a casual matter while the heated discussion continued on between the members of WayV.

“This is freaking Bullsh*t, since when have we considered to be threatened by such a sh*tty business organisation that dares to threaten us with assassins?”  one of Yun’s subordinate exclaimed in frustration, and soon other voices joined his to exclaim their distaste to the idea of being pushed by such a small business organisation.

“They do have the money, and they do have the contacts. Acting cautious is always needed, it doesn’t mean we are being threatened!” That was his eldest cousin, a neutral and cautious woman who Xiao Jun hoped to include one day into his inner circle.

While both parties were nearly trying to strangle each other to death (quite literally), Xiao Jun’s grandpa slammed his hands on the big mahonia table, silencing the room in a second.

He maybe close to seventy, his death glare and presence that dripped of a strong killing aura wasn’t to mess with.

As the opposite parties glared at each other, Xiao Jun remained relaxed, eyes closed while his Grandpa turned towards his elder twin brother Xiao Yun: “What do you think of it?”

“...” Yun didn’t respond directly, and Xiao Jun felt his eyes glancing over him.

“I think we should reply with a strong message. We are not to be trifled with.”

Loud voices instantly filled the room, some in agreement while others in protest.

His grandpa’s hand slammed the table yet again.

When everyone waited in silence for his grandpa’s response, the old master of WayV turned toward him: “What does the Young master have to say?”

Xiao Jun opened one of his eyes lazily: “Ignoring or not taking their threats is a no go. But agreeing with them is even worse. Others are looking at us too.”

His grandpa’s eyebrow rose, not impressed with the conclusion, wanting for Xiao Jun to give him a solution, not plain facts.

“The solution is simple: giving them a taste of their own medicine.”

His granpa frowned: “You agree with Yun?” his voice was neutral but Xiao Jun knew he was testing him.

“I don’t know what my brother had in mind, but I plan to give them a surprise without our people being deployed. They are not worth our fists nor our blood.” Xiao Jun stretched himself lazily as he continued: “Give me two days. I only need a very small team and I will come to you with their surrender and a generous gift of them.”

“Two days?” his cousin asked in surprise.

“Well one day and a half should be okay if you prefer.” Xiao Jun smiled at her before standing up; “Now if you would excuse me grandpa, I need to accompany my swornbrother to some lunch.”

 

 

 

Xiao Jun had to admit it; Lucas was even more efficient and faster than he had thought possible. It didn’t even take 4 hours after their lunch before he received the call.

“Record it.” Xiao Jun instructed to his subordinate who nodded across from his desk, eyes fixed on several computers.

“Who is this?” Xiao Jun feigned ignorance as he picked the call.

“My name is Yang Wei. Would Mr. Xiao be willing to meet us?”

“Yang Wei? Do we know each other?” Xiao Jun’s voice was neutral but the tone was slightly impatient.

“I am the advocate and assistant of Mr. Wang, the Ceo of Fengjun Co.”

“Oh, that annoying corporation who threatened us to not meddle in the precious stones business we have with several of our partners. If its to hear more of your nonsense I am afraid I do not have the time to entertain you.” , Xiao Jun lazy tone was the opposite of his smiling face.

“Is that a refusal?” Yang Wei’s tone was calm, but Xiao Jun had to admit that the man had a certain authority.

“You tell me what it means as you have more time to waste than I do. If that’s all I will hang-”

“How about making a deal?” the advocate cut him off, which made Xiao Jun scoff as he replied: “I am sorry but we do not make deals with people that threaten us.”

“The same can be said about us. But it seems that we underestimated Mr. Xiao’s capabilities, hence we are willing to have a friendly discussion about our situation. Surely, Mr.Xiao is a man of intelligence...and you would recognise a good deal at first glance, no?”

Xiao Jun rolled his eyes.

“I am indeed an intelligent man, so I would know better than delivering myself into the wolves den. If you want to speak, you may speak through the phone. As for any kind of meeting, I can arrange my own advocate to satisfy you with any kind of presence.”

“Mr. Xiao, you do realise that you are trying to scam us? If we report it-”

“I have no clue what you are talking about, but my advocate will surely have fun for defamation without physical evidence if that’s what you are aiming for.”

Xiao Jun interrupted the man with a bit of disdain; did they thought he would fall for such a stupid bluffing trap? As much as he was recording, they would be recording too.

They had no evidence, and he wouldn’t deliver them one by admitting to it.

“We both know it was you.”

“All I know is that you sure do love to talk nosense; I have no clue what you are talking about, so please do enlighten me.”

“A couple of hours ago, you came into one of our stores near Zhongshan road; your presence inside the stores has been caught on our CCTV system.”

There was a silence at the other end of the line and Xiao Jun snorted: “Is it a crime to enter one of your stores now? I accompanied old friends of mine who were shopping, and if I remember it correctly they even bought a very expensive diamond bracelet from your Deluxe collection. What exactly are you trying to accuse me off?”

Xiao Jun remembered how Lucas and Hyungwon had been appraising the Deluxe collection; the both of them having a vast array of experience when it came to assessing luxury goods, yet the true masters which had been Mark (he has Yuta and Winwin’ lessons to thank that) and Jisung (Who had naturally passed any time with his biologicall family learning a variety of skills in that department), had been uninterested.

Xiao Jun had accompanied the pair of brothers with small talk that had been mainly around the subject of dance and food to eat here in Shanghai when he was suddenly interrupted by Lucas: “Hyung, I found the perfect gift for Dad!”

Mark had come, appraising the diamond bracelet which design had been simple, yet outstanding thanks to many diamond gems that decorated it.

“How is it?” Hyungwon asked, taking the bracelet of its display before passing it to his swornbrother.

“The quality isn’t bad.” Mark, who never wasted a lot of words, had complimented.

The clerk of the store, who had been well aware of Mark’s identity started to do it its PR and ending it as Mark gently laid the bracelet back into his display before nodding: “How much?”

The clerk had seemed a bit nervous but had given the price; “That much?” Hyungwon had raised an eyebrow as if he questioned the cleric of being scammed.

Even for people of their standing, it wasn’t a sum to be trifled with, which was exactly why Xiao Jun had picked this store of all the other stores: he had aimed for the most expensive one.

“Its of the highest quality and 30 percent of the gems are actually red diamonds. The gems clarity are of high quality.” The cleric was so into his even more detailed explanation that he didn’t notice Jisung’s frown.

“Hyung...” The teenager whispered discretely, and Xiao Jun smiled as he knew it meant Hyungwon had succeeded.

“Hyung knows.” Mark has reassured his dongsaeng in a discrete whisper, which caused Jisung’s frown to vanish into a relaxing expression.

Xiao Jun never knew the extent of Jisung’s skills, but he truly was an heir of SuperM as he had recognised the authenticity of it in one glance.

“Alright. I will take it.” Mark made the clercks eyes widen in surprise before he smile from ear to ear: after all he would get a commission on this big sale and he happily packed the gift with utmost care.

 

 

“What we are accusing you off is scamming his highness the crown prince, and framing it on us!”

Xiao Jun smiled as he heard the light note of desperateness that had transpired in the usual steel voice.

“If you have me on CCTV than you can probably see that I never have touched anything in your store, not even the gift my good friend’s brother has taken. How come I am the one scamming? Also, why would I scam my good friend’s brother? I hope you are a good advocate because this is your second attempt at defamation without evidence!” Xiao Jun roared to other side of the line who stayed silence.

He was silently proud of himself about this part of the plan.

Stealing the bracelet and changing it with a fake on wouldn’t have been possible because of two things: one; Xiao Jun would have to touch it, making him vulnerable to those accusations. Two; he had no skills to do this without being caught on CCTV.

Which is why Hyungwon had intervened (he owed Mark a big favour); the elite of MonstaX had a nickname amongst those who knew well enough of him: “Homme Fatal’s Touch.”

And while the “Homme Fatal” was partly referring to his beauty, it was actually given to him because he had a pair of skilful hands that seemed move with deadly speed and precision without anyone noticing its movements. So quick and skillfull that exchanging a bracelet for a fake one, wouldn’t be seen even on camera, slow forwarded or not.

 Usually that skill wasn’t used for stealing...but it had been Xiao Jun ace card to resolve the “stealing without getting caught” problem.

“We both know WayV and Fengjun Co.  are’nt  on good terms at the moment...”

“Your point?” Xiao Jun wondered where the advocate would try to bait him.

“Why did you enter our store in the first place? If they are really good friends of yours than they wouldn’t want to associate themselves with someone you are not on good terms, would they?”

Xiao Jun smiled: “Mr. Yang, I think you are overestimating my capabilities. Prince Lucas may be a good friend of mine, but me and Prince Mark are only connected through Lucas. It was Prince Mark that was looking for a present, and his assistant had heard that your store jewels weren’t of bad quality. I wouldn’t dare let myself be in a situation where I would sour our connection for merely a jewel brought in your stores.”

Xiao Jun knew that there was no way for Mr. Yang to contradict him; even though Mark and him were in fact close ( he had asked him this favour, duh), there was no evidence of his closeness as the media coverage over the crown prince had always been meticulously been controlled by Mark’s father and a bunch of other powerful people (such as his Appas and Uncles).

As long as Xiao Jun said he wasn’t close, then Mr. Yang couldn’t say the contrary.

If he insisted, than Xiao Jun would have the upperhand because that would imply Prince Mark was lying too, which wasn’t an accusation that he could get alive with if he had no proof.

“I see. It seems that I was overthinking. I however think I did not underestimate your capabilities Mr. Xiao.” Mr. Yang’s voice once again regained its calmness.

“If thats a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter