Luck

ChuuSoul

Club session was over and two girls could be seen strolling out of the school campus in the late sunset. 

 

“How was your training for you today? Did you get a strike?” The shorter girl held on tight to her girlfriend’s arm as they walked down the street together. 

 

“Barely. I’ve got a lot of 9s though. Guess my luck today wasn’t that good, I suppose.” Jinsoul blew a little over the ears of the penguin and she received a hit as a response. 

 

“Well for you, I have both good news and bad news. Which one do you wanna hear first?” Chuu swiped her bangs a little to the side to prevent sweat from falling into her eyes. 

 

“Uhm.. anything I guess? But people always say bad news first so that’s that.” Jinsoul wriggled her arm free from the other party’s grasp as they got nearer to the station. 

 

“Hm.. Bad news is that I will be selected to be on the team’s baseball group, so I won’t be able to see you for a week during school holidays due to extra training schedules.” The penguin then flashed her irresistible puppy eyes at the other girl and she chuckled slightly. 

 

“And the good news?” The blue-betta showed a calm expression even though she was feeling jittery in her stomach. 

 

“Because of the rigorous schedule planned ahead of us, I get to rest on my usual club sessions.” The girl grinned happily towards the end, somehow stirring a comforting emotion in the fish as well. 

 

“I’m happy for you, you hardly get enough rest during these days. And causing me to wait for you till so late after school hours.” The taller girl turned to the side and pouted a little, not before a pair of hands grabbed her cheeks softly. 

 

“But you’ve always waited for me until I come back to you right?” Chuu smiled and it seemed to work on the temporary rock-like expression of the blue-betta. 

 

“.. Then you better treat me to a full-course meal for the next few days before the school holidays even start.” Jinsoul pulled up her guts and made an unreasonable request, not expecting her girlfriend to agree to it so easily. 

 

“Anything for you, my baby fishie.”