Presents

ChuuSoul

“So I got a gift for you! Take a look at it, ain’t it cute?” Chuu wriggled a keychain in front of the fish, before placing it gently into the hands of the taller girl. 

 

“What’s this? Where did you get it from? It’s so pretty!” The girl found herself staring at the intricate design of the blue and peach glitter on the ornament, which she then found more interesting patterns under the different angles of light placed above the object. 

 

“I saw it at a gift store somewhere in the CBD area. Needless to say, it was a little expensive. But I thought you like these kinds of things, so it wouldn’t matter to me.” The penguin hopped around the girl with excitement as the girl continued to stare at her newly-received gift with care. 

 

Perhaps time seemed to slip by when you’re in a daze, that the happy girl almost forgot to pass her gift to the other one as well. 

 

“And this one’s for you.” Jinsoul held out a nicely-wrapped present from her bag and it was immediately greeted with a squeal. 

 

“Can I open it right now? Do you mind?” The shorter girl was practically jumping with joy as she couldn’t wait to get her hands on the gift from her dearest girlfriend. 

 

“Go ahead, no one’s stopping you.” Jinsoul held out her hand and shreds of paper were instantly seen flying around the atmosphere. 

 

When it came down to the final strip, there seemed to be a pause button on the top of the penguin’s head and she was noted to look at the entire present before plunging herself into the arms of the girl right in front of her. 

 

“Baby, I love you.” She cried while wiping her snot onto the clothing of the blue-betta, all the while trying to regain composure after receiving her present. The disgusted fish could only comply for the current time period as she herself cried too. 

 

“Yeah me too.” Jinsoul then tightened her embrace around the teary penguin and both hugged each other for a while before one breaks loose to look at the present. 

 

“Is this all the memories that we’ve had from the first day we were together?” Chuu picked up the photobook and looked through the photos with great fondness. 

 

“I suppose so. The camera RAM wasn’t that high, so I’m not sure whether I cou-” Jinsoul was explaining how there were such limited number of photos when her lips were sealed with the other within seconds.

 

As both girls drowned into each other’s warmth, they looked at each other and smiled. 

 

Written on each other’s presents were..

“Merry Christmas to my one and only baby.”