Spelling

ChuuSoul

Revision classes had tightened now that the year-end exams are coming up soon. In a certain corner of the library, two girls sat in silence reviewing each of their notes when one of them had trouble spelling a word.

 

“Hey Chuu, do you know how to spell ‘swap’?” The taller girl nudged the now-serious penguin a few times before she got a response from the other party. 

 

Getting a blank stare from the still confused bird, the fish repeated her question. 

 

“Uhm.. I’m not so sure myself. Perhaps you can try to figure it out on your own first? I’m just a few steps away from the solution, so hold on for a while.” Chuu got back to her own papers while the girl struggled to come up with the correct answer in her brain. 

 

“I think I got it.” Jinsoul happily exclaimed, earning herself a few glares from the other students sitting near her. Nodding sheepishly, she quietly apologized to the people around her. 

 

“Let me see..” Chuu then turned back to her classmate and found herself giggling at a certain word on the fully written notes.   

 

‘Swop’. 

 

Frowning at the unfriendly response, Jinsoul held back her breath and confirmed her suspicions. The word she had come up with was wrong and she slowly observed the girl next to her trying hard to contain her laughter. 

 

“I really tried though, but I just can’t think of it right now.” The blue-betta sighed in defeat as she couldn’t get hold of her last working brain cell at this critical timing. 

 

“It’s okay, it’s just a little off. Besides, our teachers won’t be so strict to mark you down for a spelling error. And my girlfriend can never be wrong.” Chuu then pecked the girl on the cheeks before returning to her own notes. 

 

Stunned in silence, the taller girl blushed a little as she stared at the word for a long while.

 

“Maybe I should be a little dumb sometimes..”