The party

My fake Christmas date

As Sowon entered the big room they decorated earlier that day she wasn’t expecting so many people, it was full, so full that she felt difficulty to breath. Suddenly a soft hand on her back bring her back on earth. Sowon looked by her side and Eunha smiled at her.

 

“It will be okay.” said the short girl with a reassuring smile.

 

Eunha guided them through the guests and stopped time to time to introduce Sowon to people, friends, family members. Every times it was the same, they were so surprised to know Eunha was dating a girl but in the end after some small talk they would all come to the conclusion it was why Eunha never dated men before, because she was a lesbian.

 

Sowon would smile as Eunha rolled her eyes each time. They walked away a little to be alone and Sowon giggled.

 

“So now everyone know why you never bring any guys, you were such a closeted gay.” joked Sowon. “Luckily now because of me you are free.” she said and Eunha glared at her half amused half exasperated.

 

“They are just believing what they want to believe. It’s easy for them to think that now but they never tried to understand me before. If I never bring anyone it’s simply because I never felt in love with anyone.” explained Euha sincerely. “But I’m glad you are going through all this with me this year.”

 

“You’re welcome.” said Sowon putting her arm around Eunha’s shoulder and kissed the top of her head. It was becoming an habit now a reassuring and tender gesture Sowon was doing without even thinking, it was normal for her to hug Eunha and kiss her like that.

 

“Aww, look at my favorite couple.” said Umji with an happy tone as she walked to them and hugged them both. “I’m so happy to see you both.” she said sincerely and Yerin followed closely, hugging them too and staying beside Sowon and looking at her with such an happy smile. It was clear Yerin was enjoying herself more than she ever did.

 

“I went all around and everyone is talking about you two.” said Umji looking around at all the people. 

 

“Yeah.” confirmed Yerin smiling “So that’s why she keeps adding that it’s because of her that you are together now.”

 

Eunha sighed. “They are all so thirsty for rumors and stories it’s tiring.”

 

“This is really nice to see though.” said Umji smiling. “I don’t think there was anything that interesting before, you two are the highlight of the show.”  

 

Eunha sighed again but SinB arrived closer to them. “So that’s where you were hiding?” she asked before seeing Umji and jumping in her arms so happy to see her after so much years.

 

“You are smaller.” teased Umji and SinB laughed.

 

“I think that it’s you that finally grew up.” teased back SinB happily before her eyes caught Yerin. “And you are?” she asked curious.

 

“Yerin, I’m Sowon’s best friend.” answered Yerin offering her hand to SinB who took it and shook it gently.

 

“I’m Eunha’s cousin, SinB.” said SinB politely.

 

“It’s nice to meet you.” answered Yerin and SinB arched an eyebrow.

 

“The pleasure is mine.” she answered back.

 

The three other girls looked at the exchange with raised eyebrows. 

 

SinB turned to Sowon confused. “How come you have no grace but your best friend is so elegant?” she asked and Sowon opened shocked.

 

Yerin was far away to be elegant, she was just messing around right now.

 

“How dare you treat my girlfriend like that?!” asked Eunha madly.

 

SinB arched an eyebrow at her. “No need to play around with me, i know it’s all fake Eunha, Umji told me.”

 

“What?” asked Eunha mad as she looked at Umji now.

 

“I didn’t know, I thought you told her the truth… I thought she knew already. She called me earlier to know what time I would arrive and we kept talking and it came out... I really thought you told her...” said Umji really sorry but SinB was smirking now.

 

“I was so sure you were not that brave to really date a girl and Sowon is too pretty and too good for you.” said SinB before walking away. 

 

At this moment Yuju arrived. “I was looking everywhere for you.” she said coming to Eunha but Eunha was mad now and she fled away.

 

“What’s wrong?” asked Yuju confused.

 

“I will explain to you.” said Umji as she hugged Yuju who greeted Yerin and Sowon too.

 

Sowon quickly excused herself and followed Eunha, it was clear that the short girl was mad and hurt and she couldn’t just leave her alone in this state.

 

As she got out of the big room Sowon looked around and frowned she didn’t know where Eunha was and the house was so big there was no way she could find her luckily Eunha’s mother got out of the celebration’s room too.

 

“What happened to Eunha?” she asked worried.

 

“She was a little upset about something, I will find her and fix everything.” said Sowon as a promise to Eunha’s mother who nodded and went back to the party.

 

Sowon started by the room, it was probably the place she would go to, to be alone in her own space. Sowon went to the stairs and walked into the room slowly.

 

“Eunha?” she asked slowly but got no answers. She walked in and the room was dark, the only lights were coming from outside by the windows. Sowon felt a cold breeze and saw the curtain moving, she walked there and find the big window half open, she pushed the curtain and find Eunha on the balcony. 

 

The tall girl went on to the bed and took a blanket then she slowly walked out on the balcony and got closer to Eunha, she put the blanket on Eunha’s shoulders and the short girl wrapped herself more in the warm and soft blanket.

 

She looked up and her eyes meet Sowon’s. “She always find a way to mess with me, she just keep annoying me all the time and I keep being hurt by her childish games…” explained Eunha sadly as tears came to her eyes.

 

Sowon swallowed hard and got closer to Eunha to hug her. Eunha let her head rest on Sowon’s shoulder relaxing a minute. 

 

“It’s nice here.” said Sowon calmly and Eunha’s nodded.

 

“One of my favorite place in the house.”

 

“I can understand why.” said Sowon as the view on the garden was amazing it was the night but they had lot of nice lights and even a fountain in their garden. 

 

“The worst is that she’s always so right…” continued Eunha and Sowon frowned.

 

“What are you talking about?” she asked confused.

 

“SinB.” just said Eunha.

 

“Nothing she said was right tonight. She was just trying to annoy you, I think she still feel bad for the love she lost recently.” said Sowon.

 

“Maybe but still, she’s right, I always dreamed of the perfect boyfriend, a guy nice and polite, that would love me deeply, share those event with me, support me and understanding me…” started Eunha. “But I never had the courage to go for it, many guys were probably good for me but I was always scared in the end, scared to end up hurt… that’s the real reason I never dated anyone...”

 

“Just those days with you made me realise what I was missing in my life.” continued Eunha. “What we had this weekend, this fake relationship is everything I ever dreamed of but it’s all fake, it’s all an illusion and even if I would find the courage to go for it this time, there would be no way a girl like you would really be into me…”

 

Sowon frowned. “Why do you think so low of yourself?” she asked confused. “You are pretty, and smart and so generous.” explained Sowon sincerely. “Anyone would be lucky to have you Eunha. What you shared with me these days, what you offered me, how you opened your house to me was amazing, you really make me so happy even if it’s all fake you make my heart feel full, feel heavy with love. You are capable of making everyone feel loved and that’s something only you can do because you have a big heart.”

 

Eunha looked up at Sowon in the eyes, biting her lips together like she was dying to do something but was fighting hard not to do it and all Sowon could think of now that that quick kiss they shared earlier at the restaurant, how nice Eunha’s lips had felt on hers, how warm her breath was feeling and now Sowon wanted to kiss her again.

 

But they were alone, there was no show off, no one to convince, no one to play in front. It would be too weird but Sowon couldn’t contain herself. She got closer and let her lips meet Eunha’s who immediately kissed her back, Eunha wrapped the blanket around them both as they kissed harder, it was days of frustration coming out, Sowon wanted to kiss the short girl to know if it would feel good but she wasn’t expecting it to feel that good. She wasn’t expecting Eunha to kiss her back with such desire. She was definitely not expecting an intense flash making them both jump appart.

 

As they turned to the window, all they friends were there, Yuju was olding the camera she immediately apologized.

 

“I didn’t want to interrupt it was just so romantic.” she explained and Umji nodded.

 

“She’s right, we should post this pic on your social media so it will be official and no one will ever annoy you with your dating life, it was like a wedding pose, amazing.” said Umji happily.

 

Yerin was just smiling and Sowon glared at her so Yerin didn’t say anything, Eunha looked now at her cousin SinB who frowned.

 

“Why would you kiss there alone if it’s all fake?” she asked and both girls feared the answer.

 

Seeing that Eunha had no idea what to say Sowon tried to save the apparences. “We heard you coming in the stairs and wanted to see your faces.” started Sowon.

 

Eunha looked quickly at Sowon before frowning and little but playing the game too. “Yeah we wanted to see your confused faces and it worked, what would you think? You all know now that this is fake just to annoy my family and give me some peace, not like I would really date a girl.” said Eunha looking at SinB then walking away.

 

Sowon looked down, Eunha seemed mad again, everyone followed the host back in the big room. Eunha took a glass then a second and a third. Sowon followed her and Eunha put a real show, clinging to Sowon and introducing her everytime she got a change, kissing time to time when a lot of people were looking at them, they really were the center of the attention there.

 

But it was different, Sowon could feel Eunha’s attitude changed, she was more distant even if the was using her as her fake girlfriend. She was emotionless, empty, like dead inside and Sowon didn’t like that.

 

She didn’t knew Eunha since a long but those intense days made them get to know and get close so fast that it was like time mean nothing for them. Sowon didn’t care, she learned so much about Eunha the past few days than she did to any previous boyfriend in longer time, they really opened to each other in a short time that everything is going so much faster than usual and even Sowon’s feelings were growing way faster than she ever thought she could. She fell in love in just some days when she usually take years to open up and start developing feelings.

 

Everything was unbelievable for sure but Sowon was sure about one thing, what was in her heart.

 

Sowon took Eunha’s drink and put it away. “I think you had enough Eunha…” said Sowon discreetly in the short girl’s ear.

 

Eunha looked at her and frowned. “You are only my fake girlfriend so don’t tell me what to do.” she said back low enough so no one could hear.

 

Sowon shook her head and sighed as Eunha took another drink anyway.

 

Eunha’s mother joined them and looked at her daughter who was close to be drunk. “Honey, calm down with the alcohol, we still didn’t start our annual christmas charity auction.” said the woman seriously and Eunah rolled her eyes and walked away from her keeping her drink in hand.

 

Eunha’s mother looked at Sowon. “What’s wrong with her?” she asked.

 

“I don’t know but don’t worry I will keep an eye on her and won’t let her mess with anything.” said Sowon and Eunha’s mother thanked her before taking care of more guests arriving.

 

Once everyone had a drink and eat some appetizer, Eunha’s parents went on the little stage installed for the occasion and took the microphone.

 

“We want to thank you all for coming here each years and participate to our charity sale, all the money raised tonight will help kids at hospital spend a better christmas.” she announced before giving the mic to her husband.

 

“The money will help our association build houses close to the hospital to welcome the families while the kids are in the hospital, so they stay close, we can also help by buying gift for all the families at the hospital so they spend the best christmas possible.” he added. “We want kids at hospital to feel like home with everything they need and their family close to them and that’s why we need your help.”

 

Everyone clapped and the sale started. Sowon was shocked by the amount of money they could make with the sale. What Eunha’s family was doing for the hospital was great and very generous. No wonder Eunha was so nice and sweet, her parents were very nice too.

 

Thinking about Eunha, Sowon turned around and didn't see Eunha by her side anymore. As she finally caught her the short girl was talking to a guy, putting her hand on his chest and laughing with him. He let his hand around her hips and Sowon saw red.

 

She quickly walked to them and took Eunha away from him. “Baby.” smiled Sowon to Eunha. “I was looking for you.” she said before looking at the guy who seemed surprise, he was just arriving to the party and clearly didn’t hear about the gossip yet. “You don’t introduce me to that charming boy?” asked Sowon and Eunha nodded.

 

“This is Sowon my girlfriend and Sowon this is Yuju’s cousin, my mom tried to set me up with him last year.” she said as she took another drink. Both Sowon and the guy were embarrassed by Eunha’s way to introduce him.

 

“Yeah, my mom want me to have a girlfriend already so they don’t hesitate to introduce me to all the girls they know in the neighborhood…” he explained sincerely trying to make Sowon understand he wasn’t about to seduce Eunha or anything. 

 

“I understand and I’m sorry she drank too much… We should go out a little...” said Sowon politely and the guy nodded he walked with them as Sowon was almost carying Eunha by now he helped her by opening the door then he left them alone and went back inside.

 

“Leave me alone!” said Eunha pushing away Sowon and almost losing her balance so Sowon sat Eunha on a bench in the garden and sighed. 

 

Everything was going well, so well then they kissed on that balcony and now everything was ed up.

 

Suddenly Eunha stood up and walked back to the room Sowon followed her. “Where are you going, you should go lay and rest a little, you drank a lot…” said Sowon nicely but Eunha glared at her.

 

“I’m fine, you don’t know me, I can drink much more before being really drunk, I know my limits.” said coldly Eunha walking in and going to the stage. Sowon went after her and stopped her.

 

“Eunha wait.” she said in a whisper. “You can’t go in this state, I promised your mom everything would go perfectly fine tonight so calm down and don’t go do that speech…” asked Sowon almost begging.

 

“You promised my mom?” asked Eunha frowning. “And why would you care about that promise? nothing is real anyway!” she said a little more louder and most people started looking at them.

 

Sowon swallowed hard and looked around embarrassed. “Come on, let’s talk about that outside…” said Sowon but Eunha didn’t move.

 

“Just take your money and leave, it’s what it was all about anyway!” said Eunha throwing bills at her face.

 

Sowon looked at Eunha and shook her head, at this moment, Eunha’s dad arrived and took her by the hips, her mom followed and they took her outside. Sowon looked at Eunha’s mother who looked sadly at her.

 

“I’m sorry…” mouthed Sowon giving the money Eunha throwed her in the face to the woman before leaving the house. Yerin followed her immediately.

 

As they were outside they looked around and had no idea how they would leave the town. 

 

“Wait!” called Umji as she ran to them. “I will take you away.” she offered and Sowon nodded. Yerin already came here with Umji so she was reassured the girl would also take her back home. Umji went for her car and told the girls to get in. The car started and they left the property in silence till finally Sowon let it out and started crying.