The night

My fake Christmas date

They stayed around the table a long moment before the guests finally left and they called it a night.

 

“Eunha we let you go first we have to check one last preparation before tomorrow.” said her mother and Eunha nodded. “We put your things in your old room.”

 

Eunha nodded again before looking at Sowon finally realising too that they would share a room tonight. Eunha kissed her parents good night and took Sowon’s hand in hers and they walked away to big stairs leading to the first floor.

 

“This is my room.” said Eunha as she opened a door and they entered a pretty big room. The walls were pink and white with some golden strips. A big canopy bed was facing them, it looked like a queen’s bedroom. Sowon was looking all around with open.

 

“I didn’t realized we would share the bedroom… I’m so stupid.” said Eunha.

 

“Me neither, seems like we forgot the most important.” she said giggling. “But this bed is so big I bet we could fit four people inside.” added Sowon as she walked closer and sat on it before letting herself fall down and felt how soft and fluffy the bed was. “It feels amazing!” she said excited and Eunha laughed.

 

“I didn't know you could be that excited just for a bed.” said Eunha with a teasing tone and Sowon laughed.

 

“It’s not just a bed, it’s the best bed ever…” said Sowon very seriously as she rolled herself some more into it smiling brightly.

 

“Well enjoy yourself I will get changed.” said Eunha taking her suitcase and walking to what looked like a closet door, as she opened Sowon’s eyes widened, there was a big dressing room and a full bathroom with a sumptuous bathtub. 

 

“What the hell?” asked Sowon as she stood up from the bed. “Is your closet going to narnia?” she asked as she followed Eunha in the big room and looked at everything.

 

“It’s just my bathroom.” she said laughing. “Now get out so I can quickly shower and get ready for bed.” said Eunha pushing Sowon out. Sowon smiled as she walked back to the bed and let herself fall into it again. She didn’t realised she stayed like this for a long time till Eunha came out of the bathroom.

 

“Already done?” she asked and Eunha shook her head while rolling her eyes.

 

“Yeah, it’s all yours, you can even take a bath if you want.” she said and Sowon smiled brightly.

 

“Really?!” she asked almost jumping up and down in happiness.

 

“Yeah go!” said Eunha and as Sowon took her suitcase and passed by her, Eunha slapped her .

 

Sowon laughed and went in the bathroom to enjoy a good hot bath. Sowon never had a bathtub in her life, her parents house only had a shower and her actual flat have a shower too, having a bathtub was a privilege she couldn’t offert to herself.

 

Sowon started by filling the bathtub with hot water then she slowly looked around, opened the closet and looking into everything. She wasn’t usually curious but here everything seemed surreal. Sowon never saw that much shoes all in the same place before, not even in a shoes store. 

 

Sowon checked the bathtub then she looked at the dresses and undressed before trying on, it was a little short for her, showing too much tight but it looked so fancy, Sowon opened another closet and find coat, lot of coats, especially fur coat. Sowon grabbed one and put it, she looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. Yerin was right, it’s like becoming a princess, becoming suddenly rich.

 

Eunha was so lucky, she probably never missed anything in her life, would have never worked to pay her studies, never wondering if she could eat 3 times a day this month…

 

Sowon remembered the bath and turned off the water before putting back Eunha’s clothes where she find them and slowly entering the bathtub. It felt so nice, the hot water surrounding her, warming her body totally. Sowon closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment.

 

It was so different from the pool, it was hot, cosy and intimate. The soap had made many bubble and Sowon started playing a little with it. She left like a little girl discovering new things, and she kinda was.

 

Sowon closed her eyes and lay in the hot water wanting to enjoy the moment as much as she could, after a moment she heard a knock on the door.

 

“Everything alright in there? You didn’t drown yourself right?” asked Eunha from the other side of the door clearly worried.

 

Sowon laughed. “No no, I just started falling asleep. I’m coming out.” she answered before standing up, her body fully covered with soap. 

 

Sowon rinsed herself and got out, she found towels, took one and rolled herself inside. It was so soft, like the towel never served before, it smelled so sweet and was so big. Even the towels were feeling amazing. Sowon wondered if she would be able to leave this place at the end of the weekend. How could she go back to her miserable life after living a dream like this one. 

 

Sowon dried herself then opened her suitcase, looking for a pyjama. She emptied it but didn’t find it, she was sure the prepared one, she was folding it when Yerin arrived to see her before she left.

 

Sowon sighed Yerin interfered with her preparing and Sowon forgot the pyjama on her bed for sure.

 

Sowon rolled herself carefully in the towel and slowly opened the door. Eunha was laying in the bed, on top of the blankets a book in hands. As she head the door Eunha looked at Sowon’s direction.

 

“Yeah?” asked Eunha seeing Sowon clearly wanted something. “Did you find everything you needed in there?”

 

Sowon hesitated, only showing her head through the door. “I… I forgot my pyjama… Do you think you could have something for me?” shyly asked Sowon.

 

Eunha hesitated. “I think we can find something.” she said as she stood up and walked to Sowon who got away from behind the door and let Eunha enter. Sowon gripped her towel scared it would fall down and show her body to Eunha.

 

Eunha was avoiding looking at her and walked straight to one closet. Sowon saw some pyjamas there as she was looking everywhere before but didn’t dare take anything without Eunha’s consent.

 

Eunha looked through all of her things and finally took out one. “Ah find it!” said Eunha happily. “This one is quite long, it should fit you.” she said as she handed it to Sowon and left the bathroom to go back on the bed.

 

Sowon looked at it, it was grey and yellow, she put it and even if the legs were a little short it was okay. She got out and joined Eunha on the bed.

 

Sowon went directly under the blankets. “What are you reading?” she asked as Eunha looked away from her book to look at the cover then at Sowon.

 

“It’s a fantasy story…” just said Eunha.

 

“I like fantasy stories. what is it about?” smiled Sowon and Eunha smiled too.

 

“Really?” asked Eunha surprised. “My parents don’t like that I read this kind of books, they would rather I read intellectual books about politic or history, but I just enjoy fantasy too much.” explained Eunha happily.

 

Sowon smiled, Eunha was so cute when she was talking about stuff she enjoyed.

 

Eunha closed the book and gave it to Sowon. “Here, if you want to read it, then you give it back when you’re done, it’s one of my favorite.” said Eunha and Sowon took the book.

 

“Thanks.” said Sowon as she read the summary on the back of the book. “I will make sure to read it and give it back to you soon.” she said and Eunha giggled.

 

“Take your time, you don’t have to rush.” she said as she flexed her legs closer to her chest to slip under the blanket too. “We will have a long day tomorrow, as I briefed you before we will help with the party preparations, have lunch out with my parents then prepare to the party.” said Eunha and Sowon nodded as she remembered Eunha’s explanations about how would the weekend go.

 

Eunha turned off the light on her side before turning to look at Sowon that didn’t move. “You can read if you want, the light won’t bother me for sleeping.” she said but Sowon shook her head and put the book on the nightstand on her side before turning her light off too.

 

“It’s late already and the bath really relaxed me.” said Sowon before taking a deep breath and sighing in peace. 

 

Not even ten minutes later both girls were deeply sleeping, this night was full of emotion and stress, but at least Sowon was accepted and Eunha was not submerged with blind dates this time. The plan was working, they just had to continue like this and everything would be perfect. 

 

As Sowon opened her eyes she felt a weigh on her arm, she slowly rubbed her eyes with her free hand and looked beside her. Eunha was curled against her, holding her arm tightly. Sowon smiled at how cute Eunha was. 

 

It was sunny outside and the sun was entering and lighting the room by the big windows. Sowon didn’t see them the night before as it was dark outside and Eunha had nice curtains. It was silent, Sowon wondered if she should get up but then decided not to, she wasn’t ready to face Eunha’s family without the short girl by her side.

 

Sowon looked at Eunha she looked so peaceful. Maybe she should rest some more too as tonight they would party till late in the night. Sowon didn’t even try to move away from Eunha but try to get more comfortable and her side to face Eunha before leaving her arm hugging the short girl softly and closing her eyes. It was the only way for her to get into a comfy position without waking Eunha up.

 

Sowon hadn’t difficulty falling asleep again and wake up one hour later when she felt Eunha moving against her. Sowon opened her eyes again and looked down at Eunha who looked up and meet eyes with her.

 

Eunha blushed as she slowly let go or Sowon’s arm. “Sorry…” she mumbled half asleep and Sowon giggled freeing Eunha too as she was also holding her.

 

“It’s okay, you seemed so peaceful that I didn’t dare wake you up before.” said Sowon as Eunha sat up in the bed.

 

“Sleep well?” asked Eunha and Sowon smiled.

 

“Oh yes, slept like a baby.” she said as she stretched a little. Eunha let herself fall back into her pillow and curled.

 

“I want to sleep more…” she said and Sowon giggled.

 

“We have to help prepare remember?” said Sowon while moving closer to Eunha to make her turn on her back. “What will your parents think if we spend the day in bed?” she asked and realised how it could sound when she saw Eunha blush.

 

“That’s what lovers do right?” asked Eunha smirking before turning even more to Sowon and hugging her. “Just let me sleep some more…” she said and Sowon froze as Eunha was holding tight on her.

 

“Eunha please, let’s go eat breakfast and help your parents....” insisted Sowon not wanting the family to think bad of her for not going to help.

 

Eunha mumbled back  but Sowon couldn’t understand a word as the short girl’s face was hiding onto Sowon’s side.

 

They didn’t move till Sowon’s tummy grumbled. Eunha looked up and giggled. “Okay okay, seems like you are hungry.” said Eunha finally letting go of Sowon who missed the warm of Eunha’s body against her as soon as the short girl moved away.

 

“Here.” she said throwing a bathrobe to Sowon before putting one over her pyjama and walking to the door. Sowon took the bathrobe and put it before following Eunha catching her hand while going downstairs. Eunha stopped and looked around no one could see them, it was not necessary but it was reassuring. Eunha smiled and hold Sowon’s hand back.

 

Sowon’s parents were already sitting and looked at them surprised.

 

“Morning, already up?” asked Eunha’s dad as the girls greeted them. Eunha yarned and her mother walked to her worried.

 

“Are you okay dear?” she asked as she touched Eunha’s forehead.

 

“I’m fine I’m fine.” just said Eunha sitting down on the table and Sowon shyly did the same. 

 

The man laughed. “Wow our daughter up before noon is such a change.” he teased and Eunha rolled her eyes.

 

“Someone got me out of bed this morning…” she said squeezing Sowon’s arm tenderly.

 

“Sorry…” mouthed Sowon to her but Eunha smiled.

 

“It’s okay love.” she said and Sowon was a little surprised by the nickname, even if they agree to it before it came out so suddenly that it kinda shocked her. Sowon quickly composed herself and patted Eunha’s back slowly.


 

“What are you having for breakfast?” asked Eunha’s mother as a waiter was waiting around the table while another bring coffee for the married couple.

 

Sowon bit her lips, she was often short on money so she would often jump breakfast. “A coffee please.” she just said while Eunha seemed to finally fully waking up.

 

“I want a hot chocolate, a glass of orange juice and waffles with strawberries jam, james please.” said Eunha but before he was out of view she called him again. “Oh and bring some pancakes for Sowon, with chocolate, she loves it.” added Eunha and the man nodded before walking out.

 

“Thanks…” whispered Sowon, she was surprised Eunha was remembering this, when they meet with Umji to prepare their plan, Sowon said the liked pancakes and Eunha ordered some for them to eat with their coffee.

 

Eunha looked at Sowon and smiled. “You can eat as much as you want.” she said before getting closer and giving Sowon a kiss on the cheek under her parents eyes.

 

“Aren’t they cute?” asked Eunha’s dad smiling while her mother nodded