The preparation

My fake Christmas date

Sowon was carrying decoration and following Eunha’s mother all around while everyone was rushing to finish preparing the big room for the VIP party.

 

“Thanks, you can put it here.” said the woman and Sowon did as she was told. “We will hang this over there till this pole.” she said pointing to it and before she had time to get on the ladder Sowon put her hand on it.

 

“Let me do it.” she said as she took the decoration and climbed on the ladder. “Over here?” she asked and Eunha’s mother made her move to the left then to the right till it was at the perfect place. Sowon hang it and went down before moving the ladder as Eunha’s mother followed her. Now Sowon climbed again on the ladder and hang the other side of the the garland.

 

“It’s perfect.” said the woman happily before looking at her husband and daughter that were not helping at all and talking in a corner. “You two could help a little!” she yelled at them and they both jumped before nodding and walking away trying to find something to do to help which made Sowon giggle.

 

Sowon went down and stood beside Eunha’s mother who shook her head. “These two are so useless I don’t know how you can date my lazy daughter.” she said and Sowon smiled.

 

“Eunha’s not that lazy, she just need good motivation.” said Sowon and it was true.

 

The woman turned to look at Sowon and smiled. “Seems like you find a way to handle her.” she said proudly and Sowon nodded. It was kinda true, in only a short amount of time, Sowon had seen how Eunha was and how to get what she needed from her.

 

The woman hesitated to continue. Sowon started to worry that the woman would find out their fake dating.

 

“Sowon,” she started slowly. “To be honest you are not the person I was expecting my daughter to date, but you seem to be a good person so I’m asking you to not hurt my baby girl in anyway.” she said and Sowon swallowed hard before nodding again.

 

“I won’t, I won’t hurt her ever I swear…” said Sowon wondering if she should add that she loved her. It would be normal for lovers to say they really love each other right. Sowon didn’t know it was weird, she never said ‘I love you’ to anyone not even the boys she dated in high school or at university. It just felt weird to her.

 

The woman looked at Sowon in the eyes. “Do you love her?” she asked and Sowon felt like she couldn’t breathe anymore. 

 

Sowon saw that Eunha was coming back with her dad, hands full of more decorations. The boxes seemed heavy, Eunha’s face was red from the effort but she was working hard. Sowon stared at the short girl, she was just so cute and sweet, but could she claims that she loved her, she had to pretend but wouldn’t it sound fake… Love was a big word, a big emotion, something Sowon would never play with, till now she dated some boys but never really fell in love she never loved them enough to say it, and as she looked at Eunha she wasn’t sure she could say it out loud now... 

 

Sowon looked at Eunha and took a deep breath, she had to do it, to convince the woman beside her. “Yeah I do.” she said her eyes still on Eunha. Sowon was thinking about the girl about the moments they spend together, they shared fun moments since they meet. They got close quite quickly since they had to pretend to love each other, let’s say everything went really fast. “I love her so much…” added Sowon as she realized she was liking the short girl as a friend already for sure. 

 

She woman put her hand on Sowon’s shoulder gaining the tall girl attention. “Don’t say anything more, I can see it just by the way you look at her.” she just said with a smile then she walked to her husband while Eunha ran to Sowon and hugged her.

 

“You okay?” she asked looking at Sowon who got out of her thoughts and looked down meeting Eunha’s eyes. “Something’s wrong, you look like you saw a ghost.” said Eunha a little worried now. “Did my mom said something mean to you?”

 

“No no, your mom is sweet, she… she just asked me if..” Sowon got closer and whispered I Eunha’s hear. “If I love you…”

 

“Oh…” said Eunha blushing. “She’s always so curious…”

 

Sowon giggled. “I don’t think it was curiosity, I think she worry about you and want to make sure I won’t hurt you…” explained Sowon and Eunha nodded.

 

“And so… what… what did you answer?” asked Eunha hesitating.

 

Sowon scratched her head embarrassed. “Well I’m supposed to be deeply in love with you so I said yes of course…” she answered and Eunha looked over at her mother.

 

“She seems pretty happy you must have convinced her well.” said Eunha satisfied. “You probably were thinking about someone you love a lot to be able to be so convincing.” smiled Eunha and Sowon shyly smiled back. To be honest she didn’t think about anyone but Eunha…

 

“Girls?” called Eunha’s mother and the girls both looked at her at the same time. “Wanna drink something?”

 

“We’re coming mom.” said Eunha looking again at Sowon who was lost in thoughts again. “You okay?” she asked and Sowon nodded taking Eunha’s hand in hers.

 

No one was paying attention to them right now but it was a habit that came quickly, holding hands. Before meeting Eunha, holding hands was not a big deal for Sowon, she would sometimes to it with her best friend Yerin to guide her or making sure Yerin was following her but with Eunha it felt different.

 

Sowon could feel how soft and warm Eunha’s hands were and it was making her feel nice inside her body to hold the short girl’s hand. Maybe this pretending relationship was the reason Sowon was feeling like this. But right now, holding Eunha’s hand was more intimate than any kisses Sowon had shared in her life. 

 

They walked together and Eunha handed a glass of water to Sowon. Eunha was thirsty too, every year it was the same, her parents were working hard for the preparation of the party. They could hire people to do the job but Eunha’s mom was very controlling and liked being in charge and participating to make sure it would be perfect.

 

Sowon looked at Eunha as the girl was drinking. A drop of water ran out of the corner of her lips and the short girl tried to stop it but the drop ended on her shirt. She was so thirsty that she didn’t mind and drank again. Sowon was staring at Eunha as the short girl finished her glass and her lips.

 

The short girl’s lips seemed so soft and pink. Sowon wondered how it would feel to kiss her. Just holding hands with Eunha was nice so kissing her must be even better. 

 

“Do I have something on my face?” asked Eunha brushing with her sleeve.

 

Sowon swallowed hard and chased those thoughts off her mind before focusing on Eunha’s eyes.

 

“No no, I was just thinking.” said Sowon and Eunha smiled. Sowon looked away and shook her head but she couldn’t erase her thoughts, she wanted to kiss Eunha. Maybe the time would come, they were supposed to be dating, maybe they should kiss to prove it…

 

***

 

Eunha eyed Sowon, the tall girl seemed weird since her talk with her mother. Eunha tried to not pay too much attention to it, it would probably pass, her mother was such a control freak, she shouldn't leave her alone with Sowon. But it seemed like her parents really liked the tall girl.

 

Sowon was great in her perfect girlfriend role, she was so polite and sweet. Eunha couldn’t dream of a better partner for this fake relationship. Sowon was great, anyone who dated or would date the tall girl would be lucky thought Eunha. 

 

Plus Sowon was pretty.

 

Eunha knew Sowon was pretty, she saw it on their first meeting, the tall girl was just really beautiful, but it only add more to her amazing personality.

 

Another thing, Eunha liked about Sowon was how she could adapt, Sowon was shy but she adapted pretty well into her family. Eunha was scared Sowon would be too shy to play the role but Sowon wasn’t. It was like the tall girl could read the mood and act exactly how she should. Eunha wished she could learn from Sowon.

 

Sowon wasn’t the kind to just say what pass through her mind like Eunha. Sowon was more observant and appear so calm and smart. Eunha was unable to do that, she would just jump into situations and act depending on how it was going without thinking first, Eunha was what we can call a spontaneous girl.

 

“Eunha, let’s get ready for the restaurant.” said her mother and Eunha nodded. It was past 1 pm and they were all getting hungry.

 

“Do we have time for a bath?” asked Sowon excited and Eunha smiled.

 

“Yeah if you want.” she told her as they walked to Eunha’s room. Sowon immediately jumped into the bed, her face first and her arms wide open as she hugged the mattress.

 

“I missed you so much…” she said to the bed and Eunha giggled. Sowon could be so cute sometimes. 

 

“Hurry up, I will shower in the guest room.” said Eunha taking clean clothes. “Oh and try to wear something nice, it’s a fancy restaurant my parents reserved for us today.”

 

Sowon sat up immediately. “Fancy?” asked Sowon worried.

 

Eunha hesitated. “Want help to pick up clothes?” she asked and Sowon nodded as she quickly took her suitcase and opened it.

 

Eunha examined all the clothes. “It’s nice but not enough…” she said before going to the dressing room and coming back with a big white box. “Here.” she said as she opened it and took out clothes, there was a black straight skirt, and a white top, the sleeves were simple while the rest was covered by white lace work. There was a black shirt collar coming out of the top making it look very stylish.

 

Seeing that Sowon wasn’t saying anything Eunha panicked, she wondered if she made the good choice, but when she saw it she immediately pictured Sowon in it and knew it would make her breathtaking, just like the dress she bought her for the party.

 

“You don’t like it?” asked Eunha closing the box. “You don’t have to wear it, it’s okay, I just bought it in case, and because I thought it would be nice on you.” explained Eunha ready to walk away but Sowon stoped her by taking her arm.

 

“No, it’s perfect.” said Sowon looking at Eunha in the eyes. “You have amazing taste, it seems like you know better than me what would look nice on me…” said Sowon shyly.

 

Eunha smiled. “With a body like yours, anything would look amazing on you.” she said sincerely making Sowon blush. “Seriously I wish I could be as pretty as you..” added Eunha sadly.

 

All her life people called her chubby and small. Eunha tried everything but most people would only see her as cute and as she was becoming a woman it was tiring. It was like no one would take her seriously. If she was looking like Sowon people would not treat her like a kid and take her more seriously.

 

Sowon walked closer to her and caressed her hair tenderly. “You are beautiful Eunha, way more than you think.” said Sowon and this time it was Eunha that blushed.

 

The short girl looked down shyly, Sowon was close to her, it was weird to feel her so close. Usually it’s Eunha that cling to Sowon but having Sowon coming to her was nice too. Sowon circled her with her arms and hugged her. Eunha closed her eyes and let herself relaxe into Sowon’s arm. It was nice, having a support like that. Someone holding you when you feel down, someone giving you love and understanding.

 

At that moment Eunha was envious of all those couple out there and wished Sowon would never let go of her. It was like Eunha belonged in the tall girl’s arms it felt like home, it was a feeling Eunha never knew before. As if she was feeling it, Sowon didn’t let go of Eunha till the short girl broke the hug.

 

They looked at each other and smiled. “It will be too late for a bath…” said Eunha and Sowon giggled.

 

“Another time then, I will shower quickly and get dressed.” said Sowon taking the clothes Eunha got for her and went into the bathroom. 

 

Eunha quickly went in the guest room and showered. She took her time, enjoying the hot water running on her body, she closed her eyes and thought about the party. Seeing how it was going for now, the plan would be a success.

 

For once Yuju had a great idea. Eunha was really enjoying herself. She spend good time with her parents and having Sowon here wasn’t that bad, she was not invading their privacy or anything. It was something Eunha was scared of about hiring a fake date. Not feeling at ease in her family as she bring a stranger here. But Sowon was not feeling like a stranger at all, she was feeling like an old friend, almost like family already.

 

Eunha smiled. Definitely Sowon was the best choice for this job. Realising she was under the shower since a long time now Eunha hurried up to clean herself and got out. She rolled herself into a towel and went back in her room hoping Sowon was done so she could get into the dressing room to choose her clothes.

 

As she entered the room Sowon was getting out of the bathroom fully dressed. Eunha felt hot as Sowon was too pretty for her eyes. Her breathing became fast as she was looking at Sowon from head to toes. Sowon was looking more than amazing, she was a real beauty.

 

Eunha felt her face blushing hard and cleared . “You look beautiful.” she said with difficulty as she tried to not show how affected she was by the girl’s beauty.

 

“You like it on me?” asked Sowon looking down on herself unsure. “I feel like it’s too much…” she said not used to be dressed like that.

 

“You are perfect, trust me.” said Eunha sincerely. “Everyone will be jealous of me for having such an amazing girlfriend.” said Eunha with a wink hoping Sowon would get more confident after realising she was definitely pretty in those clothes.

 

Sowon blushed then seemed to realise Eunha wasn’t dressed. “I’m sorry to keep you like that, I guess you want to dress too.” she said as she walked to the bed to put her shoes.

 

Eunha nodded and went into the dressing room. She dried her hair completely and looked into her closet. She needed to find something nice too, something that would look nice beside Sowon. Eunha wanted to really look like a couple.

 

Eunha find something good that would be perfect to stand beside Sowon, suddenly Eunha was excited, excited to be seen beside Sowon, with the tall girl in front of people and parading exposing their couple. Eunha never dated before and this feeling was new, Eunha wanted to show everyone how amazing her girlfriend was even if it was only a fake girlfriend.

 

Eunha was thinking about tonight and the party, and how everyone would look at them. All the people that were annoying her about never finding a decent guy if she was too picky. Eunha would finally show them that she got the perfect girlfriend. She was sure everyone would only talk about that and she didn’t care, on the contrary. It would be like a revenge, Eunha really couldn’t wait.

 

Once she was ready she got out and find Sowon patiently waiting for her sitting on the bed. Eunha smiled it was so heartwarming to have someone in your life, even if it was fake, Eunha felt nice to know Sowon was here for her and by her side.

 

“Ready?” asked Sowon standing up and smiling. “I start to get nervous.” she confessed and Eunha smiled at her.

 

“Don’t worry it will be fine, just enjoy the food and be yourself, everything will be okay.” she said to reassure Sowon who nodded and seemed to calm down. Eunha handed her hand to Sowon who immediately took it. They left the room and meet Eunha’s parents downstairs.

 

They left what Sowon called the castle and entered the limousine. It wasn’t long to arrive at the restaurant and the diver stopped in front of the building then he got down and opened the door. They all get out and entered the restaurant. 

 

Eunha’s dad took Eunha by the arm softly. “Honey, your mom need to use the bathroom, go get our table we will join you.” she whispered to her and Eunha nodded as she took Sowon’s arm and they walked to the reception desk.

 

Eunha confidently asked for their reservation, the young men with a nice black suit nodded and find them on his tablet. He walked them to the table as Eunha informed him her parents would join them soon. 

 

“Will you be expecting some guests later?” he asked and Eunha frowned not understanding. Seeing she didn’t answer he insisted. “Will some misters join you ladies later?” he asked and Eunha finally understood, he was thinking her and Sowon’s date would arrive later.

 

“We are not expecting anyone, right my love?” asked Eunha as she got closer to the tall girl who nodded and smiled at her clearly understanding what Eunha was doing.

 

“We do not need or want any ‘misters’ at our table.” said Sowon following Eunha and putting her hand around Eunha.

 

“Okay…” he said not convinced. “I will came back with the menus.” he told them as he walked away and came back only a minutes later, as he was approaching Eunha moved close to Sowon and gave her kiss on the lips, it was shy and quick. Sowon barely had time to understand what was happening.

 

The young man looked at them wide eyes finally believing no men would join them before he nodded, putting the menus in front of them.

 

“Your waiter will arrive, I wish you a nice lunch.” he politely said before walking away quickly.

 

Eunha giggled while Sowon touched her lips slowly. Seeing this Eunha felt bad, she didn’t even ask Sowon consent before kissing her.

 

“I’m sorry…” she whispered and Sowon looked at her straight in the eyes.

 

“It’s okay.” she calmly said. “I was just taken aback…” confessed Sowon sincerely. “Warn me next time.” she smiled and Eunha nodded shyly.

 

“We don’t have to do it again, it’s just that this guy attitude was getting on my nerves….” explained Eunha, she really wanted him to take their couple seriously, even if she was pretending and that it wasn’t this guy’s business Eunha couldn’t resist the urge to make him shut up.

 

“To be honest he was getting on my nerves too with his ‘misters…’ seriously he should mind his own business.” said Sowon and Eunha smiled that Sowon was on her side once again. “Plus we are supposed to date so kissing is kinda normal…” added Sowon more shy now.

 

Eunha swallowed hard, talking about kissing with Sowon was weird, but not a bad weird, a good weird, a fun weird, a nice weird. “Yeah I guess, maybe we will have to do it at the party at least once…” said Eunha and Sowon lightely blushed before nodding.

 

“It’s a good idea.” said Sowon and Eunha was even more excited for the party than before.

 

Sowon was okay to kiss her again, they were going to showing off tonight and nobody will be able to stop them.

 

“Thank you for doing all this for me.” said Eunha as she took Sowon’s hands in hers. “I know you did it for the money but it’s important for me, and I’m glad I’m doing this with you, I will finally be able to show everyone I don’t need any man for now, and I can enjoy some family time without them worrying about me being alone.” said Eunha giggling and Sowon smiled cutely.

 

Sowon was about to answer when Eunha’s parents approached the table. 

 

“Seems like we arrive during a sweet moment.” said Eunha’s dad smiling as he sat down in front of Sowon while Eunha’s mother sat in front of Eunha and beside her husband.

 

“You’re not dad don’t worry.” said Eunha as the let go of Sowon’s hands and took the menu. she was already missing the feeling of Sowon’s hands in hers but she had to focus. Beside her, Eunha could see that Sowon took the menu too but had hard time choosing.

 

“Everything’s alright?” asked Eunha and Sowon hesitated.

 

“Those names are so weird, I can’t find out what those plates are about…” explained Sowon shyly.

 

Eunha smiled and put down her menu to move closer to Sowon, their shoulders brushing against each other. She put down Sowon’s menu. “What would you like to eat right now?” she asked as she explained to Sowon what the plates were about, Eunha and her family were coming to this restaurant since years, and Eunha knew the menu pretty well.