Island (NaMo)

UNFINISHED STORIES OF TWICE

The wave covered her again, and she held Momo tighter to her. She felt her legs touch something hard, but as soon as she tried to check it, the next wave crushed her under her. Yes, the earth. But it was still deep for her. If only she could find something that could help. And when did this damn night manage to get so dark?
The next wave threw her onto her back. She did not give up in this unequal struggle, trying to stand on her feet and, at the same time, supporting Momo's head above the water. Her body went limp, but she was sure that she was still breathing. She had to breathe.
A new wave turned Nayeon over and pulled to the bottom, freeing Momo from her capture. Soon she was again thrown to the surface; panting, in panic, she looked out for her in the dark.
She was there, face down, her hair spreading and swaying in the water with a dark stain. She grabbed her and realized that she was already firmly on her feet, pulled her closer. Moving in the same direction, and holding her tightly to herself, she was ready to withstand the next wave.
After some time, she noticed that the water stopped helping her, and she was already dragging her in the sand. Her left arm was damaged and drooped helplessly, but somehow she slid it onto her healthy shoulder and continued to move forward. She had to cross the water line. She had no idea how high the water level of the local surf could be.
Taking a few more steps before her legs gave way, she slowly lowered the precious burden to the ground and, losing consciousness, covered her body with her own.
**
She turned her head - were her eyes open? She saw the stars above her. On open air? What ... she felt something heavy on herself, something pressed her to the ground. What ... Nayeon-unnie? Yes, her warm breath tickled . Her precious unnie was alive. Only that now mattered to her; she closed her eyes and instantly fell asleep.
 **
The next time they opened their eyes, the sky was already covered with stardust and the moon disk hung high above their heads.
“Momoring,” Nayeon croaked hoarsely, rising, but still hanging over her.
“Unnie,” Momo said half asleep, holding out her hand and drawing a strand of brown hair aside, looking into those beloved eyes.
- We survived, I don’t know how, but we were lucky - showed a small smile on her face, Nayeon sank down again, only now in order to kiss her friend on the forehead.
“I'm glad you're alive, Nayeon-unnie,” Momo whispered softly, startled as a light breeze touched her skin.
- Are you cold? Let's get up from the ground, you need to find something to light a bonfire - it started to rise, but it was stopped by Momo’s hand, which slightly pulled to itself. “What is it, Momo?”
“Warm me up, unnie - in the night only her eyes shone, her lips themselves found a warming fire in Nayeon's lips.
They kissed slowly, Nayeon again covered Momo's body with her body, buried her fingers in her wet hair, and pressed her tightly to her.