Prompts (Text)

Love Talk Writing Contest (WINNERS REVEALED)

 

  1. The characters start out as best friends but eventually decide to start a relationship. This can either be a happily ever after or a terrible idea.
  2. Two people are crazy for each other, but can’t ever be together due to circumstances out of their control.
  3. A couple that has broken up realize that they may have made a mistake - but is it too late?
  4. Two people know they are perfect for each other, but the timing is just never right.
  5. Two people within an arranged marriage actually fall in love - after getting married.
  6. Two lives are changed forever when they embark on a short but sweet love affair.
  7. A major lie is what brings two people together - what happens when one or both of them find out the truth?
  8. Your main character shares a wildly exciting and romantic week with the man she has always loved. They express their feelings for each other, and he tells her of his desire to stay with her forever and build a life together. They fall asleep one night in complete and utter bliss. The next morning, he is gone. He cannot be found or reached. She is heartbroken and must begin the process of rebuilding. Five years later, he returns. What happened?
  9. Your main character’s boring, predictable life is shaken when they discover a stranger dying in an alley. They want to call 911 but the person begs them not to. They decide to take the person back to their place to fix them up. Once the mysterious stranger is better and feels stronger, they reveal that they are actually a supernatural being. Their species holds strongly to the “eye for an eye” and that includes saving lives. Your protagonist is now stuck with this being as their sidekick until they are able to save their life. At first, this is annoying, until feelings start to develop.
  10. Your main character is a vivid dreamer. Some are wonderful experiences and others are horrible nightmares. Suddenly, the terrible people and events from their dreams start appearing in real life. Their partner then dies suddenly in a tragic way. They are devastated but hopeful because their dead partner starts appearing in their dreams. They spiral into the tragic existence of frantically searching for their partner in the real world during every waking moment.
  11. When your protagonist grows up and begins dating, she discovers a terrifying fact about herself. As soon as she kisses the man she’s developed a relationship with, he mysteriously dies! She chalks it up to bad luck at first but soon she can’t deny that it is a pattern. Refusing to accept the fate of loneliness, she sets out to discover the origin of her condition/curse.
  12. Two dirt-poor art students survive by sharing a nasty little apartment above a bodega. They struggle through four years, barely making ends meet, comforting one another through tragedies and triumph, but never openly admit how they feel about each other…until they graduate, and one of them gets a job in another city. Is it too late to confess their love?
  13. He’s a cop—one of the good ones—and when an undercover bust went bad ten years ago, his wife and small child were killed. He swore he’d never love again. Then his old partner retires, only to be replaced by a wide-eyed, spunky rookie, whose seemingly impossible innocence and joie de vivre remind him life is worth living again. This could only end in disaster…right? Dare he make the first move?
  14. Futuristic world. Women in this society are only allowed in males presence if they are wearing masks, until they are married and can reveal themselves to their husbands. Story of a girl whose husband is not happy with what he finds, but she finds love in an unexpected place.
  15. Character has the gift (or curse) of using snowstorms to travel to different realms of existence. Character has no say in when it happens or where they go, but it is always to fix a balance between right and wrong. Fights to get back to their original world but falls in love along the way.
  16. Soulmate AU where everyone is born with a ring they cannot remove on their finger. The color of the ring indicates the emotion that your soulmate is going through, i.e. red for anger, yellow for happy, green for envy or disgust.
    When you finally meet your soulmate, it turns pink and warm, and when they die, it turns black and cold before becoming dust and falling off your finger.
    Write this story: Character A is in bed staring at the ring and all of a sudden it goes black. They turn on the light to make sure, but to their dismay it is. Yet, it never crumbles.
  17. You finally build enough courage to talk to that cute someone you see on the bus everyday. Their face turns dark as they respond, “You shouldn’t be able to see me!”
  18. Let’s play a game. Let’s sweet talk, let’s play fight. Let’s talk 24/7. Let’s tell each other good morning and good night every single day. Let’s take walks together, give one another nicknames, go on dates. Let’s talk on the phone all night long about nothing at all. Let’s hold one another, let’s hug, let’s kiss. 
    And whoever fall in love first? Loses.
  19. You live in a world where your soulmate is unable to hurt you, intentionally or otherwise. You are fighting in a war when one of your enemy’s weapons harmlessly glances off of you.
  20. There is a beautiful statue of a person in a large city, and rumor has it that when their soul mate touches their hand, they'll become human. Naturally, tourists from all over the world take selfies with the statue. Then one day a tourist touches it's hand to take the selfie and the statue falls into their arms.
  21. Character A has been dating person after person but it never works out. Little do they know that they have been dating the same person over and over again, a shapeshifter who has fallen for them and is certain they will get it right this time.
  22. A story themed on "the steps to get you back". Lead character makes a mistake and has to take steps to gain back the trust and love of someone.
  23. I come here when I want to be alone and I didn't think anyone else knew about this spot, so who are you and where did you come from?
  24. Your significant other died a year ago after being sick for a long time. You finally open the notebook they were always writing in, thinking it is a diary, and find that it is letters. All addressed to you.
  25. strangers sitting in a holding cell waiting for their friends to bail them out, and find they actually hit it off really well
  26. Character A leaves for college and meets their roommates, and as the last one comes around the corner, recognize them as the Character they kissed over the summer.
  27. Character A can taste lies. While comforting their friend (or crush) they say, "you're only human" and nearly vomit at the horrible taste in their mouth
  28. He kissed her brow as the world around them burned. "See you in the next life, my love," he whispered.
  29. "Someday your prince charming will come. Mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions."
  30. Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was by choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control.