three

Our story

Three

She knows Jo In Sung since their childhood. Both of their parent’s best friends with each other. Mr Song and Mr Jo both go to the same medical school. Both of them are surgeon but with a different subspecialty.  Though they have a 2-year , Jo In Sung and Song Ji Hyo always takes care of each other and they were inseparable during their childhood. But at 10 years old, he and his brother follows their father abroad.  While his father decided to stay in the UK until 3 years ago, he got back to Korea when he was 17. And he stays with Ji Hyo family for a few years until his debut 15 years ago.  And they stay friends until now. they always hang together and they know each other group of friends by their first name.

The signboard shows ‘Loco Quan 401 Korean Barbeque Restaurant’

“and here I thought you want to bring me to somewhere fancy, a nice hotel restaurant for instance”, mock Song Ji Hyo while loosening her hair signature bun.

“ Ha, in your dream. Hey, here is fancy too. Besides, it your favourite oppa’s restaurant, and you always manage to get discount here.”

Jo In Sung parked their car in a designated area for VIP.  After being ushered to their VIP room, Haha came and greet both of them.

“Happy Birthday dear Dongsaeng”

Song Ji Hyo tried to lose herself from Haha bear hug, “ thank you oppa, but you hug me too tight.  By the way, where is my present this year?”

“ I gave it to you already sister, its my hugs and love. As always.”

Frowning, “cheapskate” mutter Song Ji Hyo. “You own almost 10 restaurants already.”

Ignoring Ji Hyo, he continued “By the way, I saw you being busy recently, In Sung?”

“In fact, not really now Hyung. I just finished shooting for my new project. For the time being I just sit back and relax”

Haha is her cousin who is a singer turned entrepreneur. He decides to quit his entertainment career to focus on his family and doing business full time. He inherited a couple of restaurants from his father small company which almost out of business but somehow, he was able to salvage it. Together with fhis best friend, fellow singer Kim Jong Kook, they manage to create a successful chain restaurant. Song ji Hyo is so proud of him. Haha is one of a few person besides In Sung who understand her the most, always giving her great life advice even though he appears as unreliable and childish. His wife, Byul, just delivered their third child, a daughter, recently.

“Ji Hyo- ya, how are you? Have you passed your exams?”

“Oppa, where have you been? I got my results 2 months ago. We celebrated here, remember?”

“I am sorry Ji Hyo-ya, I really forgot. You know with little Song, I become very busy”, he apologized.

Smiling, Ji Hyo reassured, “it’s okay oppa. You do look tired though. Just go and do your stuff. We will ask your staff if we ever need anything”

After ordering their meal, Jo In Sung pulling a small box from his coat pocket.

“here, Happy Birthday Ji Hyo”

Taken aback, she opens the box and it shows a beautiful charm bracelet with tiny Harry Potter theme charms.  Ecstatic “oh my God!!, thank you! You know how much I love Harry Potter!!” unknowingly she hugs Jo In Sung because of overjoy. She loves Harry Potter series so much; she decorates her bedroom just like Hogwarts dorm and she collect the characters’ wands. After a while, she remembered something “wait, you never remember my birthday. Last year you gave me a card, a week late. What is this, a bribery? Are you planning on something?”

Shaking his head, “No”

“You don’t remember my birthday today, too aren’t you? I saw your face when Haha greeted me just now”

“ah, I am busted. You knew me too well” while looking at his feet.

“so, what is it you want for me?”

Hesitant, he says “would you be my plus one for my classmate’s wedding next weekend? Please? I don’t want to go alone”

“no, I am on call”

“No, you are not. Hyo Rin agree to swap with you.” he remembers how the swapping schedules involves a lot of begging and bribing. " Min Hyo Rin  you leach!", he mutters to himselfs

“I don’t know what to wear. It’s been a long time I have been invited to a wedding and I hate shopping. ”

“I’ll take care of it. I have my personal stylist. I’ll ask her to pick something for you later”

still confused she asked “why me? Why can’t you go alone?”

“I don’t want to be the only single person in the wedding. Plus, If I have you, I can stay away from those hungry and flirty single women. You know how handsome and desirable I am” brag In Sung

Rolling her eyes, she continued “so, I am just a bodyguard. Why not bring your cute manager?”

“He asked for leave that day, he is going to spend his weekend with his girlfriend in Kyoto”

“How about your other friends? Or boyfriend?”

“I don’t have a boyfriend, and you know it”

“Liar, then what do you call him? And acquaintance? A boy toy?”

“Maybe. we are not even talking anymore. Somehow I hurt his feeling or something.  please go with me, you are my best friend. Always.", he flash his signature puppy look towards Ji Hyo

“Fine, I’ll go with you. But you must fully fund this trip. I am not spending a dime of my money.”

“ yes you stingy little witch. consider it done. ”

Suddenly she remembers something, “wait, are we spending the night?”

While showing his flirty side, “Yes we are. Why, are you afraid you are going to fall for me there?”

Rolling her eyeballs, she said “In your dream, mister. Where is this wedding by the way?”

“Maldives”