Six

Our story

The venue of the wedding is already filled with guests. There are roses and carnations decorating along the isle.  The altar, facing towards the beach looks simple but still beautiful. The groom, looking nervous, with his groomsmen at his side are facing towards the end of the isle, waiting for his bride. Suddenly the music change, and everyone on their feet.  Slowly, the bride, looking bashful in her wedding gown with light make up walking towards the altar, looking towards her groom. However, she is unable to see his face clearly. She tried to focus her eyes but to no avail. She hears someone calling her name, “Ji Hyo!”.

Suddenly she felt her body shaken up by someone and the face become clearer. It was Jo In Sung, calling her, trying to wake her up. Rubbing her eyes and annoyed, she tried to continue sleeping but In Sung is faster sitting her up.  “yah, I tried to wake you up a million times already!”.

“oh, In Sung ah, what are you doing here disturbing my dream? Who allowed you in?”

“Jong Ki is home, he let me in. he also packed your things for our trip. We have a plane to catch, remember?”

“The flight is at 9pm, now is only 4pm.whats the hurry? Just let me sleep a little bit please,” she begs, as she just have no energy to fight with In Sung. 

While giving her a cup of coffee, “I need to bring you to my friend’s boutique before that. We need to pick a dress for you”

Sipping the coffee, she tried to rub off the sleep from her eyes.  “I have a few dress in the closet. Can I just wear those?”

“I saw your dress already. Nope. We are getting a new one. you already wear those to Hyo Rin’s wedding, my New Years party and a few other occasions. Those are so last season.  You need to be at your best as my date. Now go and have a shower while I look for your passport. Where did you put it anyway?

“Inside the study’s drawer”, she said while walking towards the bathroom.

They did not talk much in the car as Ji Hyo still a bit grumpy as a result of lack of sleep.  In Sung tried not to disturb her as she might change her mind if he keeps of poking at her nerves.  They did stop by a coffee shop on the way to the boutique to get her favourite Americano.  At the boutique, they are greeted by Hyori, In Sung designer friend. 

“Hello again, Song Ji Hyo”

“hi, um..”

“Its Hyori. When are going to remember people’s name”, utter In Sung, while shaking his head.

“I am sorry, Hyori, I am bad with names, but I can always remember people face. I remember you. We met at this guy New Year’s party right?”

“yes we do. So, ready to try a few dress? I bet you will look beautiful in any of it. You have a good figure. And a pretty face too”.  Ji Hyo, startled with her sudden compliment blushed a little but somehow it goes as quickly as it come.

“yes, make it fast please, we don’t want to miss our flight. If only this girl did not oversleep” complaint In Sung.

Rolling her eyes, Ji Hyo walking with Hyori towards changing rooms. While ushering her to the room, Hyori said “I don’t know what your preference is but I already personally chosen a few dress for you to try,”

She chose 2 dresses to bring to the wedding.  One, a soft pink A line lace dress that fall below her knees with a little off shoulder neckline. The second dress, a flowy, floor length black satin dress with v neckline. A combination of y and modest, she would say.  “ might as well, enjoy myself, as that guy is paying” she thought.

After saying goodbye to Hyori, they went to the airport to catch their flight.  Putting a black mask into her hand, In Sung said, “here, wear this.”

It is a long 9 hour flight. Somehow she wonders why people are doing destination wedding. Is such a hassle for friend and family to come to their wedding. She decided, when she got married, she will be wed at her favourite church in Pohang. “Hah, as if” she laugh.

“huh? What did you say?”

“No, nothing", still smiling.

“Go back to sleep. I’ll wake you up once we arrived.”

At arrival, they are welcomed by a chauffer with In Sung nameplate in his hands.  They were brought to a beautiful resort, facing the sea.  “it’s beautiful, just like my dreams”, she murmurs. At the reception, they were greeted by 2 beautiful lady. However, there is one problem. Ji Hyo, furiously asking “What do you mean you only book 1 suite??”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, it me again. i hope you are well. this is my new chapter. i hope this chapter give some joy to you in this quarantine time. please take care everyone. i am not really a writer but i try my best.  be safe, wash you hands and stay home. we must win this war.  till next time. :)