four

Our story

Its early in the morning, Ji Hyo walking down the hospital wings to get to her ward.

“yo sister, good morning” she suddenly greeted by Min Hyo Rin from behind her. She just arrived and they are going to the same direction. Today they are both in charge of the patients in the wards.

“don’t you ‘yo sister’ me. You sold me out.”

Confused, Hyo Rin ask her back, “What do you mean I sold you out?”

“you changed my schedule without telling me! Of course, you are in charge of the schedule but still!!” Ji Hyo stomping angrily.

Smiling, Hyo Rin tried to calm her, “well, you told me that you long for a vitamin sea. This is it, a free trip supported by our famous friend,  Jo In sung.”

Frustrated, “yes, but not alone with In Sung. He hates sea. It’s always city-based vacation with him. You know that! I have no chance to go wakeboarding if I go with him”

“well, you are going for a wedding, not really a vacation though. but you can always force him though” remind Hyo Rin

“whatever, I just don’t care. I am bringing my swimming suits with me. He has to agree for a wake boarding session with me later”, said Ji Hyo while making a fist.

They arrived at their wards and greeted by the nurses at the counter.  Ji Hyo look around her ward and suddenly she saw a tall guy with a doctors coat examining a patient. Min Hyo Rin is laughing with all the nurses felt her shoulder tapped by Ji Hyo, “Hyo Rin ah, who is that cute guy in our ward? Why have I never saw him before?”. 

Smiling, Hyo Rin answered “After a long time, you are interested with a doctor. I thought you have a no workplace dating policy after that pharmacist Lee Dong Wook broke your heart. Or is it the other way around?”

Frustrated she said, “I am just asking, but fine, don’t tell me”

Hyo Rin felt guilty, “I am so sorry, please don’t sulk like that dear friend. That is our new physician who just got transferred here. Dr Jung Ill Woo. Handsome guy, isn’t he?? And he has a very nice personality too.” explained Hyo Rin.  “you want me to introduce him to you?”

“what? No”. However, Hyo Rin already dragging Ji Hyo to Jung Ill Woo. Embarrassed, she tried to loosen Hyo Rin grip but to no avail.

“Ehem. Dr Jung. Good morning”. Greeted Hyo Rin while smiling. Ji Hyo feeling uncomfortable, fidgeted in front of Jung Ill Woo. Well, she is a shy person anyway.

Ill woo who just finished talking to his patient turn to Hyo Rin voice, “well good morning to you too Dr Min”.  he noticed there is another person besides Min Hyo Rin. Suddenly he felt his heart beating uncontrollably. This woman besides Hyo Rin is really beautiful.

“I would like to introduce to you my friend, Dr Song Ji Hyo, surgeon in charge of this ward. Ji Hyo, this is Dr Jung Ill Woo. Our new ward physician.”

Handing out his hand, he said “it is nice to meet you Dr Song”. Taking his hand firmly and professionally, “please, call me Ji Hyo. We are colleague after all.”

“well, in that case, you can call me Ill Woo too then”.  Suddenly their eyes meet and it their hand holding the handshakes for a bit too long.  Embarrassed, Ji Hyo who just realised the situations calmly release her hand. “Well, please carry on with your work. Hyo Rin and I will go on our way.” Said Ji Hyo while dragging Hyo Rin away from Ill Woo. Ji Hyo who realised her face becomes hot heard Hyo Rin whispering “What the heck with that?”. She decides to ignore her and focus on her work even though she still having a little palpitations.

 

It is 6 in the afternoon. Ji Hyo who just finished her work for the day decides it is too early to go home today as no one at home now as her mother currently accompanying her father in US for a surgery convention and their helper is in her hometown.  she decides to buy a movie ticket via phone app.  She is a movie lover and she always take herself to cinema since almost all her friends are married (Hyo Rin especially).  She never felt a lonely by watching movies or having dinner alone.  She needs her ‘me time’ occasionally. As she is looking for her designated seat, she saw someone familiar. “Dr Jung?”.  Startled, Jung Ill Woo who almost chocked on his drinks, smiles to her, “ what a coincidence Dr Song”.