Five

Our story

“Wow, Dr Jung, you are a Marvel Fan too?” ask Ji Hyo while taking a seat beside Ill Woo. “But to think about it, who doesn’t right?” laugh Ji Hyo awkwardly.

Smiling, “please, call me Ill Woo. Yes, like you, I am a huge fan on Marvel movies too. It just I don’t have time to watch this movie earlier because of our work. I just got time today. Lucky it still showing.”

“yeah? Me too! It just that no one wants to watch it with me.  I don’t like to watch on earlier dates because the cinema will be so packed with fans and I would be such a loser coming to cinema alone.”

“why? Your boyfriend is not a Marvel fan?”

This time, almost choked with her soda, she laugh, “that is smooth, Ill Woo. No, I don’t have a boyfriend. That’s why. Well, the movie almost starting. Don’t forget to silent your phone. I don’t want any distraction”

Ill woo just smile internally.  They continue to watch the movie until the end. No one said anything the entire movie as they are so into the movie.

After the credit end, they started to move out of the cinema.

“did you cry just now?”

“you noticed? Yes, I did. It just heart breaking you know.  But I saw you cried too Ji Hyo”

“what? are you not focusing? No, I did not. It just.. um.. allergies”

Ill woo just laugh at her antiques.  She tried to be tough in front of him, but she just being so cute instead.

 “um, do you want to have a coffee with me? There is a good coffee shop across the street. If you are not a coffee fan they also have tea. I think.” Ill Woo asked nervously.

“yes, I would love too.”

The next morning, Ji Hyo went to work with a happy face. This doesn’t go unnoticed by Hyo Rin. She also notice that she is in a good mood even today is her on call day, and she has been doing surgery nonstop since morning. “something fishy about her” she said.

Ji Hyo just having a rest after performing her 3rd appendicectomy. “Why so much of acute appendicitis today?”.  She just got a message from Jo In Sung. ‘ to make sure you don’t forget about this weekend, I will pick you up tomorrow afternoon. We will straight go to airport tomorrow night. Don’t forget your passport’

“oh, God, I forgot about this weekend”. She cursed internally. She surely will have lack of sleep tomorrow. “Well, good luck In Sung, on waking me up tomorrow.” Sipping her 3rd cup of coffee, she looks at list of patients waiting for their turns on the board inside of the operation theatre. “wow, that is a long list” she mutters as she prepares for another emergency surgery of the day.

The next day, looking like a zombie, she got out of the hospital walking to her car.  Luckily her house is just a 10 minute drive. If it’s any longer she would have slept on the road and that is dangerous. In haziness, she bumped on somebody. And that is Ill Woo. Waving in front of her face, “rough night Ji Hyo?”

“Oh, Ill Woo, what are you doing here?”

Worried, he said “um, I work here, remember? Are you okay? You looked terrible. Are you going home like this? Why don’t you take a rest in my oncall room for a while and then go home later”

“what? No, I am fine. I am so ashamed.  I looked unflattering like a zombie in front of you. I only manage to sleep for an hour last night” while trying to hide her face from Ill Woo.

Chuckled, Ill Woo tried to remove her hand, “its okay, you dont need to impress me. for me, you are still the most beautiful surgeon in this hospital. Or so I have heard”

Feeling warm over her face, she quickly said good bye to Ill Woo and walk to her car. Well, almost running. “Calm down heart, he is just being nice with you”.  Suddenly she received a message ‘drive carefully. Have a good rest today.’ It was Ill Woo.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi everyone, thank you for reading my story. i am so sorry for the short chapter. i'm just a little bit busy once this Covid19 kicked in  my country.  keep safe everyone. i hope everyone is well.  ill try to udate everyweek but i fail my promise. i am so sorry. everyone please be healthy. thank you and till another chapter.