One

Our story

“Ji Hyo ya, Wake up! It already 7 in the morning!”, a woman shouting from the other side of the door. At the same time, Gashina song from singer Sunmi can be heard coming from a phone. A girl wakes up groggily from her deep slumber. She read a message, ‘Song Ji Hyo lets meet today. Our usual place. 8pm’.

“Oh my god, why this guy messaged me at 3am today? Is he drunk last night?”  suddenly she felt a little bit annoyed.  Without replying, she continue with her morning routine.

 

“Ji Hyo, hurry up, you are already late. Come and eat breakfast.”

“Mom, I love you, but I only took coffee for my breakfast. Why bother yourself making breakfast today? It is odd” Ji Hyo answered

“Did you forget about today?” asked Mr Song. “it’s your own birthday, kiddo. Happy Birthday!”

“Wait, what? It’s my birthday? Ah, I am a year older today”, said Ji Hyo, solemnly.

Knocking Ji Hyo head playfully, “how come you are one of the best surgeons but forgot your own birthday. I can’t believe I gave birth to you”, mocked Mrs Song

“Ow!! Omma! In my defence, I am still a trainee. Don’t you dare laugh ahjumma!” warn Ji Hyo to the helper.

“Happy Birthday Noona!!” greet Jong Ki while walking into the kitchen.

“Jong Ki ya, come and have breakfast with us” said Mr Song.

While walking to the wards, Song Ji Hyo received a lot of birthday greeting from the staff. She wonders how they can remember her birthday as she never told anyone about it.

“Ah, they must know from my social media account”.

Because of her natural beauty, Song Ji Hyo once works as a model during her medical school days. Not that she can’t afford her studies as her father is one of the top five surgeon in the country and one of the board director in her current hospital, but she also wants to get experience and extra pocket money as her father is quite stingy with her allowance. He doesn’t believe in pampering his children with money. As a result, she and her brother both works part time during their university days.

“Ji Hyoooo, Happy Birthday!! You officially an ahjumma!”, said Min Hyo Rin, her bestfriend.

“What ahjumma?? I am only 30 and you are older than me by 2 months. Ya, don’t you have operation to do now? Its already 9 am my friend”, while looking at her smartwatch.

“oh no! why are you stalling me? Move!” said Min Hyo Rin while running to the operation theatre.

“Good Morning, Dr Song. Here, a nice bouquet for you” said nurse Lee Kwang Soo at the ward entrance.

“Aw, you are so sweet”

“Well, as sweet as I am , I am not the one buying this for you. Don’t flatter yourself please”

“Then who on earth?”

Nurse Lee Kwang Soo shrugging his shoulder. “Now Dr Song, when are you going to start your ward rounds? Let’s go now, before the big bosses came. And I have a lot to be done today, so I am quite busy. Come on now, chop chop!”

“Wow, your diva attitude is bigger than mine” mock Ji Hyo

“Well, of course”

 

 

*hi everyone. this is my first story and english is not my first language. so i am so sorry if the is any grammatical error. please do read and comment. thank you and have a nice day.