Chapter 2

2 sides of me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had never imagined that running through a maze of hallways would have been so difficult. I was tired and powerless, but I kept on running. Red lights were shining on the sides of the hallwa.  I had to find a way out, but I didn't even know where I was. 

I ran from one doors to other, but all were locked which made me feel even more trapped than before in the lab. 

I was running out of time. I felt that, because I was outside for a while now and security in this huge building should have already been after me. 

I ran faster and tried to open next doors. The fact that they opened surprised me, but the room to which I come looks almost like the one in which I was trapped. 

Weak light, lots of desks, different lab equipment, papers on the tables and different chemicals. Some of the companieswwere meanwhile others weren't working. It almost gave me the feeling like I returned back to the place where I started, but I knew it was different. 

I stepped in slowly and carefully. I didn't mind for the alarm anymore. I had to see what was here. 

It didn't take me a lot of time to find him. His hair colour was somewhere between blue and green. He looked tall. Taller than I was. His eyes were closed. I could see his chest moving slowly as he breathed. His face was very familiar to me, but at the same time it wasn't. I looked at the side and saw almost completely the same person closed in glass trap. 

I walk to him and soon recognised. His eyes are closed, but he looks completely the same as I remember him. He was wearing the same clothes as on the last night I saw him and it recalled my memories of that day. 

I remembered Kai's deep voice asking our leader if it was really a good idea to stay apart. We didn't know what to do in that moment. We all were exhausted and tired after hours of fighting together and we had to come out with different plan. 

"We will be okay" I heard another voice from my memory in my mind. Different than the first one, even lower than Kai's, but I couldn't remember whose it was. 

"We won't be able to protect each other" Kai spoke again. 

I wasn't able to recall anything more. I barely remembered anything that had happened before we were caught. 

I looked at my friend closed in a trap. I had to get him out. I had to save him and escape. Now I knew I wasn't alone. 

I hit one of the devices and pulled long metal stick from it. I hit to the table with it to see if it was enough strong and stable. It was good so I went to Kai and hit over the glass with it. 

"Come on Kai!" I say and hit again and then again. After a few more hits I noticed a crack in the glass. I was close, but I still had to make a plan how to wake Kai up, since he was in a deep sleep. 

I know I was running out of time so I tied to do it faster. I hit for the last time and the glass finally brokes and falls on my friend. I throw the metal stick to the floor and got closer to Kai. I untied him and shook him. I needed to wake him up. 

The devices around had to be the reason why he was unconscious. I hit the first computer and then all other stuff around which could be the reason for his sleep. 

The alarm was still spreading all around the laboratory. I could feel that they were coming for me and that they were closer every second ready to attack and kill. 

"Kai! " I shouted my friends name. 

"KAI!?" I shouted louder to make sure he heard me, since the alarm was very loud.

I heard quietand deep moan. It was Kai. He was awake. 

"Kai?" I repeated his name and looked into his eyes which were still closed. "Open your eyes." 

He did as I said. He was looking at me with his dark eyes, confused and scared. "Who are you? Where am I? What am I doing here?" his voice sounded **

"Calm down!" I pushed him down as he tried to stand up, but the ne suddenly disappeared. Like he turned into air in a short moment. 

I turned around and saw him on the other side of the room ready to fight me in any moment. "Did you just...." I didn't finish my question, because I didn't know what to say. He just vanished in front of my eyes and appeared on the other side of the lab. I step down from the place where he had been lying until I woke him up and did a step closer. 

"Stay away from me!" he said. He was serious. He probably didn't remember me like I barely remembered him so I had to get his trust. 

"I want to help you" I told him "We have been friends for a long time" 

"Who are you?" He asked with still serious and confused expression. 

"My name is Chen" I told him and slowly started walking closer to him. "Please, say that you remember anything. Anything at all."

"Chen?" He looked down to the ground, he was trying to remember, but I knew he probably won't be able to. 

"EXO?" I asked quietly "Do you know anything about this?"

He didn't reply. He just stepped a little back and covered his face. "That battle — " He said "— What happened there?"

"I don't really know" I told him the truth. I didn't remember anything about any battle, I only knew we separated after some time, but without knowing the reason. This memories were still hidden somewhere in my mind and I couldn't reach to them. 

"Do you know where is D.O.?" Kai ased. "I need to see him"

"D.O.?" I asked and thought about it. I couldn't really remember any of my other members except of Kai, but name D.O. sounded very familiar. "I don't know. I don't even know how could I be so lucky to find you." 

"Why are we here?" 

"Do you remember SM?" I saw that he knew about what I was talking from the way he looked at me when I mentioned it. "They got us and apparently did something quite bad...." I showed Kai to follow me to the other side and he did as I wanted "...I don't know how" I continued and showed him the other Kai. 

"What the hell did they do to me?" Kai asked and stepped closer to the other one. "He is really pretty, but there is place for only one so y and handsome man on this planet."

"Kai!" I tried to get his attention, but he didn't listen. I needed him to get us out of here as soon as possible. 

"Is this how I look when everyone looks at me? Wow, I really am a good material for cloning" he said.

"What did you just say?" I asked. 

"That I look good" He looked at me and smiled. 

"No tell me exactly what you said."

"I am good material for cloning" Kai said "I guess he is my clone. I don't have a twin brother." 

I had not thought about cloning before. Kai was right about that. SM could have done something like that and it explains why Chën looked exactly like me and why KÄI looks exactly like my friend. 

"Kai, you have to get us out of here." I said as I remembered that we were still being chased. 

"How?"

"You can teleport" 

"But, I don't know if I can do it now" He looks at me a little scared. "And I still need to find D.O. I need to tell him a lot of things" 

"Not now! First we need to save ourselves. They are coming for us. Don't you hear the alarm?"

He didn't say anything for some time. He was closed somewhere in his mind away from me and reality. 

I heard voices of people. They were close. Too close. I look at Kai who was still thinking what to do. 

"They are comming" I shouted.

"Who?" Kai looked at me with his deep and dark eyes. 

I put my hands on his shoulders. "I don't want to know who they are, Kai." I said with as calm voice as possibl.  "They are after us and we really need your powers." 

"Okay" Kai finally agreed and took a deep breath. "But what if I don't know how to teleport?"

"You just teleported a minute ago, why not now?"

"I don't know how I did that before" He sounded worried and scared. I see that he wanted to escape as much as I did and I believed him that he wasn't ready, since I also had no idea how to use my ability. 

"Take a time" I said. "I will keep them away, just don't leave me here alone" I ran out of the room. I saw a group of soldiers not very far away from me. All were completely protected and armed, ready for a fight. I was glad I didn't see any guns in their arms. They probablyddidn't want to use that kind of a weapon inside in the institute. I have never liked guns, since had never known how to protect myself from getting shot. 

"There!" the first one called as he saw me. Others noticed me now as well. They started running faster in my direction. I focused as much as I could when they all ran to me. I didn't move at all. I knew I could use my ability and I needed it right now.

I recalled the words from the report about my abilities. 'can control all forms of lightning as desired' I say to myself quietly 'controlling the intensity of thunder and where it strikes'. I knew I could do it I just had to focus. 

I opened my eyes when they were almost next to me, just a few more steps and they would have been able to attack me. I took a deep breath and made a step forwards, right when they come to me. I hit the first soldier and then the second one. They both fell down as I did it. There were too many of them for me alone to defeat them on that way I focused on my power again. My ability was my biggest strength. The main thing that was making me stronger. 

I felt it coming. A fast white flash strike to the guards. I heard their screams as the electricity ran through their bodies. They fell to the ground. One after another, they didn't move like they were dead or unconscious. I didn't know what of these two and I didn't really care, because next group of the guards was already behind me. 

"He is using his ability!" One of the soldiers on other side called. I ran to the closest one and pushed him to the wall. He was much bigger than I was, but I had speed and it was obvious that I was actually trained for for fighting, even though I didn't remember when I learned that moves. I g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter