Chapter 1

2 sides of me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you really think this will work?" I asked somebody, but I couldn't recognise the face. Everything around me seemed unreal, like I was trapped in the world without shapes. I could only hear the voice which also seemed more like an echo. 

"It will be better for us all" the other voice said. 

"For us all.... " I replied the last part of the sentence. I suddenly got a feeling like the place was turning upside down and I fell in complete darkness. 

I opened my eyes as soon as I got out of that dreams. My eyes were heavy and tired. I didn't feel well and I had a strange feeling about everything. My view was blurred, but I could see small and weak light which was making the place brighter.  

I tried to move myself, but I didn't have the strength to do so. The feeling in my body felt like I had not moved and used my body for years. I slowly stretched my fingers. I closed my eyes and opened them again to see where I am. After some time I took a deep breath and managed to move my hands higher, but I soon hit to smooth surface. I squinted to see more clearly and noticed that there was a glass which was surrounding me from all sides. I was trapped. 

I hold my breath for some momets and to calm down a little. I never liked small closed places especially if I didn't know how I got there and why I was there. 

I tried to remember anything, but I had no ideas how I got myself into thit situation. After some time I felt better, but I still knew that my body didn't felt right. I moved to the side and looked throughout the glass. I was looking to small room which looked more like a laboratory. The light in the room wasn't enough strong to lighten up everything in that place. 

"Why the hell am I here?" I asked myself. My voice was hoarse and felt that I had not spoke for a long time which makes me even more worried. 

I barely remembered anything and I had no ideas what I was doing here. I couldn't know for how long I was unaware and that was the main thing that was making me worried.

I knew I had to get out of here. I started to look if there was anything with which I could break the glass, but I couldn't find anything. The place in which I was closed was literally just surface for lying like a very uncomfortable bed surrounded by glass. 

I didn't know what to do, so I did the only thing that I could. I hit to the side of my trap and I felt that I moved it a little which was a good thing. I hit again. Stronger than I had before, but still not enough strong. I still wasn't at my right strength. It was obvious that I couldn't do much, but I did enough to have at least a little hope to get out of here. 

I pushed again and the trap suddenly fell over and hit the ground. 

I covered my face and chest with my hands as the glass broke in thousands of peaces when it hit the ground. Heavy framework pushed me to the ground full of small and sharp peaces of broken glass. It was heavy and I couldn't breathe properly under it. 

I carefully put my hands to the ground and slowly slowly pushed heavy framework to the side with my back. I didn't mind that I cut my hands with the glass a little as I did it. I was finally out of that place and I finally felt a little safer than before. 

I slowly stood up. The only sound in the room was my breathing and sound of small peaces of glass breaking under my shoes as I stepped on. I was glad that I wasn't barefoot. The feeling of glass cutting into my feet wouldn't have been nice at all. 

I cut my hands a little with the glass, but I didn't mind for that. I noticed that there is something written on my right hand's wrist. It looked like a small tattoo. Case no° 21: CHEN was written with a small font size. 

I touched the tattoo my other hand and looked around. My eyes already got used on the lack of the light in this room, so I could see different equipment on the working surfaces. The room was full of different kinds of devices and lab equipment. The place wasn't really big, there was enough space to walk between all tables, computers and other devices. I didn't know for what were all the things in the room useful, but the technology was really advanced, since I had never seen anything like that before.

I walked to the table in the middle and looked what was there. It was quite messy. There were lots of papers and different documents on it. I took one of them and opened it. I read the highlighted words. I find smaller tittle SUBJECT NO° 21.

I started reading from there to see what is it about. 

 

Subject also known as Chen

Discovered by SM - Research Institute on Earth.

Date of discovery: 8. April 2012

Group affilation: EXO

 

I stopped reading for a moment. I knew this is about me, because I knew that Chen is my name, but I was also sure that I had already heard for SM and EXO. 

"EXO" I whispered and thought about it. I was something about that, but I couldn't remember much about it. 

I continued reading the report. 

 

Power: thunder 

This power can control all forms of lightning as desired. Irreversible damage can be inflicted upon the target by controlling the intensity of the thunderbolt and where it strikes. The power not only controls and creates lightning, but also causes storm, hail, and other various weather phenomena. The wielder of this power (subject no° 21) is known to be immune to any and all weather conditions. Depending on how skilled the wielder is, the power can be performed regardless of external factors and also from dense, stable magnetic fields. 

 

 

My hands were shaking as I was reading the last lines. I dropped the report and looked to my hands. I remembered what had happened before I got here.

I wasn't normal human being. I knew that for a long time. I remember being part of the group of boys who were the same as I was. None of us really knew why we were different, but we knew that our abilities were dangerous and that normal people would be afraid of us if the world found out about them. We trained to learn how to control our powers, but we couldn't stay hidden and SM found out about us. 

My memories were still a little unclear and blurred, but I got an answer why I am here. 

SM had been chasing us for years after they discovered our secret. Our advantage were powers, but SM had technology which was getting strnget and more advanced through the years. 

I passed through my hair, because this made me even more worried. SM has me and probably also my other members, which means that they could have done anything they wanted to us. My body felt weird and unusual after I had woken up. I put my hands around my chest and thought about the things they could have done to me. 

I stepped back and looked ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter