Chapter 3

2 sides of me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Most of my memories really came back to me after some days of hiding in my room. This was one of three safe dorms we had in this city in case we would need a place to hide. This was the last place I saw most of my members. Lay, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kris... We hadn't even say goodbye, because we hadn't been expecting anything bad to happen. 

The place was well hidden underground. It had everything we needed. Kitchen, electricity, soft beds and quite nice rooms. We even had Internet connection down here which made me happy since I could use my new phone. 

I was lying on my bed. I was looking at the other side. Xiumin's side. The memories were coming back to me all the time. I remembered everything. From days when I had been learning how to use my ability to the days when I went out with Chanyeol and Baekhyun and accidentally set small bar on fire. It wasn't my fault that Chanyeol couldn't control his powers when he was drunk, but Suho still grounded all three of us for doing it. 

We were always very careful when we were among people. Our main rule was to keep our abilities a secret and exactly accidents like that brought us our enemies. 

I raised my hands and looked at my fingers. I got my powers back soon after I had woken up one day ago, but I still didn't leave that place. I was weak. I knew that I could do lots of things with my power, but I just didn't have enough strength at that moment. 

I moved my fingers slowly and small white and blue lightnings started moving around my fingers. I had always liked to play like that. It wasn't much. I had often electrocuted Suho with that when he would be annoying which was almost all the time. It just scared him a little, enough to make him even more angry. 

I stood up and passed through my dark hair. Kai wasn't here. He left some time ago and I was here all alone like most of the time. He didn't let me leave with him, because he believed that it was too dangerous for me to be outside, but I didn't agree with that. I needed some fresh air. I needed to see how things actually changed in so many years. Kai told me that it was not very different than before. 

I walked to the wardrobe and looked what Kai had brought for me. There were mostly dark clothes and I liked that, since black looked quite well on me. I took the first t-shirt and pants. I was sure Kai stole these from somewhere. He really liked new stuff, but he never actually bought anything, since his ability helped him with stealing a lot. 

I stepped in front of the mirror and looked at myself. My hair were in mess, but I didn't care for it. I focused on my face. My dark eyes, lips, jawline, cheekbones... Everything on me was remaining me of him. I had a feeling like I was looking at him as I was looking at myself and this was making me terrified. 

When I came out I noticed that most of the things looked like they used to before SM caught us. The streets were still loud and full of people. Nothing much seemed to be different, but I noticed that there was a slight difference in the fashion and technology which looked much more advanced and developed. 

I tried to act just like everyone else to blend in the crowd. I was sure I would find Kai soon and I also made sure to remember where I was walking to be able to return later. 

I was walking like that for some time, but I felt uncomfortable being surrounded by so many people. The sun was almost hidden behind the horizon. Orange light was falling on the walls of the buildings. Last time I was walking in these streets everything was empty. People left and buildings were destroyed. SM probably made a story about big earthquake which would explain the disaster after the fight. They had a lot of influence on people. Research institute on Earth was one of the biggest organisations,they had money and material to do anything they wanted or needed for their research purposes. 

I walked to the side of the street to move away from people.

I found Kai in front of the store like I expected. He was looking through the shopping window. I slowly got closer and checked if it was really him.

"You?" Kai said when he realised that I was next here "Since when are you going out without of my permission?" 

"I was always able to go anywhere without your permission" I smiled and stepped next to him "Don't dare to think you can be a leader when Suho is not around. I am still older." 

"It is okay" He turned to me and gave me a quick hug "You look better than you did yesterday." 

"How bad did I look yesterday?" 

"Pretty bad" He said "That thing really pulled all of the energy out of you" 

"We were already talking about that. We can forget about it." 

"I think it is more important than you think" his smile turned into serious expression. "We are in trouble if they have more bullets like that one." 

"I survived." 

"What are you doing here anyway?" He changed the topic, probably because he didn't want to talk about SM or their plans against us. 

"I don't know." I answered "I guess I am looking which shop to rob next like you."

"How do you know what was I doing?"

"You have been doing that since forever" I laughed. "What was the last thing you actually bought with your own money. You and Tao have always been the ones who were stealing together." 

Kai's and Tao's powers were really practical when it came to stealing and breaking into buildings. They were mostly doing it for fun, because they could use their powers and people didn't even notice. 

"It would be easier if he was here" Kai said and pointed to the store. "Now I have to teleport in and outside, before the cameras notice me. Security systems are good here. I miss Tao. I want him here almost as much as I want D.O" 

I knew he needed Tao to stop the time for people around, I missed Tao as well. He was the one who taught us martial arts and how to defend ourselves in case of attack. 

"What will we do now?" I sighed after some time of silence. 

"We need to make a plan and get others." he looked at me and then around to other people on the street. "Let's go from that place. People might hear us here." 

We moved away from the crowd. I felt much more comfortable when we came to the side street where was much more quiet.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"I think SM's weapon against us this time are our clones, since I saw that Käi outside the other day."  Kai continued "Well, I guess we can be sure SM knows we escaped and that they want us back."

"That is nothing new" I said and leaned to the wall of the building next to us with my shoulder. 

"Stop interrupting me and I will come to the point sooner or later" he rubbed his neck a little annoyed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter