The Curse of the Sharp Microphone

Kpop Short Stories

Whilst investigating the death of a local rapper, a deaf singer called Songbae Choi uncovers a legend about a supernaturally-cursed, sharp microphone circulating throughout Gwangju. As soon as anyone uses the microphone, he or she has exactly 3 days left to live.

The doomed few appear to be ordinary people during day to day life, but when photographed, they look glowing. A marked person feels like a long cat to touch.

Songbae gets hold of the microphone, refusing to believe the superstition. A collage of images flash into her mind: a blunt bird balancing on a thick rapper, an old newspaper headline about a fang accident, a hooded eagle ranting about arms and a drinking well located in a dark place.

When Songbae notices her hair have cat-like properties, she realises that the curse of the sharp microphone is true and calls in her boyfriend, a dancer called Hoseok Jung, to help.

Hoseok examines the microphone and willingly submits himself to the curse. He finds that the same visions flash before his eyes. He finds the blunt bird balancing on a thick rapper particularly chilling. He joins the queue for a supernatural death.

Songbae and Hoseok pursue a quest to uncover the meaning of the visions, starting with a search for the hooded eagle. Will they be able to stop the curse before their time is up?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, this one is a plot, but that's not important.