Matchmaking On The Move

Royal Gone Wrong

 " H-huh? "

 

 Taeyeon gaped at the sight of the dazzling man in front of her. ' OH MY GOD PARK FREAKING SEOJOON IS IN FRONT OF MY GREASY, FULL OF SAMOSAS FACE. GET A GRIP YOU ELEPHANT, ' her thoughts jumbled around and she immediately snapped to reality. " Urm, I guess? " the man chuckled and took one samosa. Taeyeon's eyes turned heart-shaped at the sight of him biting the samosa. 

 

 Is this a dream? Then please don't make Kim ahjussi wake me up.

 

 " No wonder you stayed here for a long time, this samosas taste very great, " he chuckled as he obviously tried to keep up a conversation between them. " A-are you the bride's friend? " Taeyeon asked, not wanting to stop their small talks. She was sure that she could die happily at that moment. Rest in peace for real. " Oh yes, we met at an award show through one of her close friends. How about you? I never guess I would be meeting THE Kim Taeyeon, " he said and Taeyeon's face blushed a deep pink colour. 

 

 HE KNOWS MY NAME BRUH I WON IN LIFE ES

 

 Taeyeon took a deep breath, trying to control her inner fangirl. " THE Kim Taeyeon? I did not know I actually made my name somewhere, " she nervously chuckled as she took a glass of champagne from a waiter that was passing by and gulped it as fast as her heartbeat that moment. 

 

 " I mean, I have a group of friends in the business field and you are pretty known in the industry because of your parents' business..." she nodded with a pout on her face, disappointed that people knew her from her parents and not because of herself.

 

 "...... and of course because of your beauty, " he flashed his eyesmile to her and she swore there were flower petals surrounding them with some cheesy background music. " O-oh, thank you, " she muttered and avoided eye contact with him to make sure he didn't see her flushed face.

 

 " Well, I guess I'll see you around next time? Because I have a schedule right now and my manager is already calling me, " he said as he looked at his watch. " It's okay, I guess I'll see you around too, " she slightly waved at him and he replied with the same gesture, except it made Taeyeon's knees became weaker than before. 

 

 " I can finally die in peace with no regret, " she cupped and squealed while stomping on the carpeted floor, showing her excitement to the surroundings. " Yah, where did you run of-.... Did you just left me to get a samosa? " Mrs. Kim said with both her hands on her hips. " Nothing mom, let's go see the bride and the groom, " she linked her arm with her mother which definitely took her by surprise. " H-hey, are you okay? " Mrs. Kim cautiously asked and scanned her daughter's delighted face.

 

 Flushed cheek. Wide grin. Shimmering eyes.

 

 Yup, something definitely happened. 

 

 She just sighed and ignored her daughter's strange behaviour. " Good then. I'm on my way to go meet the queen and the crown prince, " Taeyeon stopped walking and separated from her mom. " Mom, are you going to matchmake me with him? Because I bet with my whole life the queen wouldn't want the next queen to be like me. It would just be a catastrophe for the country, " she said with a strict tone. Even before this, her mother always matched her with tonnes of rich bachelors and she was not having it. 

 

 And, say what now?? Her and the crown prince?

 

 THAT WAS A BIG NO!

 

 " Taeyeon-ah, the queen was my close friend way back from high school and she would gladly accept you. I mean, SHE was the one that suggested this thing in the first place. You wouldn't want to get kicked out of the country for disobeying the queen, right? " she snorted at her mother's ridiculous statement. " Then I'll be planning my stay at a tropical country for a whole year of summer, " she said and before she got to storm off out from the hall, a figure stood in front of her and her mother. Or more like two figures.

 

 " Glad to see you again Your Majesty, " 

 

 Taeyeon widened her eyes and panickedly bowed at the queen in front of them. She met the crown prince's eyes and slightly bowed at him too. She flinched at the cold glare he was giving her. ' Damn what's the deal with this crown prince? Tone down the hateful glare bro! ' she maintained her expression as her thoughts started to curse the prince uncontrollably for his rude attitude.

 

 " I guess we should move to a more private room for further discussions, " the queen said and flashed a warm smile to Taeyeon. Being the polite girl she is, she flashed a warm smile back and politely bowed at her. 

 

 The four of them went into a small room with a rectangular, wooden table at the center of the room. Two bodyguards were guarding the room at the entrance and silence filled the room before the queen started the discussion.

 

 ' Oh my god, I could literally feel the tense atmosphere in the room. Please make it quick! ' she silently prayed as never failed to flashed a smile towards the queen. 

 

 " Our children must have already known about our intention in marrying them, right? " Mrs. Kim nodded with a smile on her face. " Yes Your Majesty, " she bowed slight, making the queen chuckled slightly. " Relax Chunghee-ah, there's no need for honorifics here. We're bestfriend afterall, " 
 

 Taeyeon widened her eyes. She would never imagine her own mother would be really close with the queen of the whole country and not a fraud. ' What?! They are REALLY friends? Woah, my mom really is something else, ' even with the thought, she just covered it up with a chuckle as both women were laughing about something she didn't even listen to. " How can I speak casually when you're a queen and I'm just a nobody, " her mother said and that shocked Taeyeon more.

 

 Since when did she become so humble? 

 

 That question popped inside her mind. " Jiyong-ah, I don't need to say anything more. We'll just leave you and this young lady to talk, " the queen said as both her and Mrs. Kim rose from their seats and was about to exit the room. Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows while Jiyong just nodded his head helplessly.

 

 He knew if he said anything it will be held against him instantly and he was not about to get embarassed in front of a stranger.

 

 " Hi, I'm Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon, " she said with a smile and extended her hand for a handshake. The crown prince just stared at her hand for a while.

 

 " I' m just saying, but I'm pretty sure you're just the same as any other women that mother already tried to matchmake me with, "

 

 Taeyeon confusedly took back her intention to shake his hand after his sudden statement. Well, wouldn't any men loved it whenever they are being paired with some chaebol's daughter? Moreover nowadays there are a lot of pretty women out there.

 

 " Well, is it distasteful to be with those women? I mean, other royal families' daughter? " she questioned. " None of them are unique and most of them wanted to marry me for the sake of their business or politics. That's not what I want in my life. Every single one of them are just carbon copies," he coldly stated, his eyes stayed icy during their conversations.

 

 ' Wow, I never thought this prince would have this kind of mentality. Well, he can be a cool friend I guess, '

 

 She nodded her head, agreeing with his opinion. " So, there is a possiblity that this arranged marriage can end? " Taeyeon asked, full of hope that this nonsense can end and she could live her life however she wanted to. " Of course, a rejection from me will be accepted by my mother, " she nodded knowingly, and let out a relieved sigh. 

 

 " Thank goodness then, I never even really plan to marry into a royal family. Tch, I never even PLAN to marry. My mom's ridiculous action has gone too far, " she chuckled and sipped some of her wine from the glass. Jiyong raised his eyebrows at her reply. Well, from his past experience, the girl would insist with the marriage but this time, the girl seemingly to share mutual feelings as him.

 

 They hated this arranged marriage. 

 

 " Can I ask a question tho? If it's not uncomfortable with you, " Taeyeon carefully asked as Jiyong sipped his wine and gestured her to move along with her question. 

 

 Taeyeon looked around first and hesitatedly leaned forward, to make sure no one listened to her question except the prince.

 

 " Have you ever been to a strip club at Japan? "

 

 Jiyong's eyes widened as he coughed and spluttered the wine he just drank. " Omo! Here you go, " she handed him a tissue as concern striked her. " I didn't mean to shock you but I thought you would be cool if I asked that, " she muttered and chuckled guiltily. Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows at her, speechless by her question.

 

 " W-why would you ask that? "

 

 She rubbed her nape and looked down. " Actually, my bestfriend's birthday is coming up and she is currently at Japan. I was thinking that I could arrange a surprise party for her. I asked you because you usually traveled and who knows... " she nervously chuckled and gulped down the wine.  The crown prince took a deep breath and slightly shook his head, still in disbelief that someone actually dared to ask something like that to him. 

 

 " Don't get me wrong! I mean, my friends really enjoy that kind of stuffs so I was just trying to surprise her, that's all, " 

 

 Awkward....

 

 " No, it's okay I didn't misinterpret your question or anything. And the answer would be no. I have no time for such things, " he wiped his mouth and cleared his throat, clearly uncomfortable by the question directed to him. 

 

 " Wow, what else are you missing out in life? I know for sure that being in a royal family could provide you with a boring life, " 

 

 That question strucked him dead. He never thought about that before. Of course, sometimes he did feel empty leading a repetitive life without any goals in his mind and he did feel bored before during his teenage life. However, he will be the king of his own country soon and it had been a huge pressure in his mind so he never really thought about his way of living life. He looked straight into Taeyeon's eyes.

 

 " I-I don't know. Probably a lot, " eventhough he tried to cover it up, Taeyeon could sense a sorrowful tone behind his sentence. " Oh, sorry I-.... " the door opened to reveal Mrs. Kim and the queen, cutting Taeyeon's sentence halfway. " Taeyeon-ah, your father has an urgent meeting, bid goodbye to the queen and crown prince, " 

 

 Taeyeon confusedly nodded her head and bowed in front of Jiyong and the queen. " I'll get going then, " she smiled at the both of them and moved towards the door. " Wait, " Jiyong caught her wrist, stopping her from moving further. 

 

 He wrote something on a piece of tissue and handed it to her. " My number. I hope we keep in contact, friend, " Taeyeon smiled at his last word. Friend. It was nice having someone to call her friend. " Alright then, friend, " she flashed a smile at him and snatched the tissue from his hand.

 

 Both Mrs. Kim and the queen smiled.

 

--------------------

 

 The cluttering sound of dining utensils echoed throughout the dining room. The huge table was occupied by the three Kims whom were indulging their meals silently. " Tae honey, I'm glad you're getting well with the crown prince. I'm actually quite nervous at first because his mother told me that he constantly reject others' daughters. Thank goodness Queen Kwon told me he didn't inform her to reject you, "

 

 Taeyeon sighed as she put her fork and knife at each sides of her plate. It was an elegant, antique plate surely bought from the finest craftmen. " Mom, he did not reject me because there's nothing to reject at the first place. We're merely an acquaintance, " she said and sipped her orange juice.

 

 " Well, from nothing it could lead to something, "

 

 Her father voiced out while he wiped his mouth using a white coloured napkin. " You know, your mother and I met in a bar and we were on a double date that night. With each orhers' partners. After that fate did their own works, both of us broke up with our own partner coincidentally at the same time and unexpectedly connected through that, " he beamed a warm smile towards his life partner sitted behind him. 

 

 Taeyeon looked back and forth from her father to her mother, a small smile crept on her face. 
 

 Well, maybe that night wasn't that bad.

 

--------------------

 

" Hey, Kim Heechul, how many time should I warn you about your rent huh? " the said man cowered as he chuckled nervously. " Eyy Dongwan-ah, you're my beloved hoobae right? Just extend a little bit time for me and I'll try to recruit as many trainee to make enough money, " Heechul poked Dongwan's buff upper arm, trying to lighten the tense aura surrounding the man.

 

 " You've said that uncountable times already and what do you expect me to do, huh? Look at your watch, you could easily sell it at a pawn shop and pay back my rent! " Dongwan said as he gripped Heechul's wrist tightly. 

 

 The guy yanked his arm and protectively covered his beloved watch. " Not this watch! You don't know how much value this has in my life, " Heechul retorted. The watch indeed was one of the most precious thing in Heechul's life and he was not willing to risk it for his training centre. However at the same time, he didn't want to risk his coaching life yet too. 

 

 " Okay then, I'll give you a last solution. And it's going to be on you, " Dongwan patted Heechul's chest harshly and a poster was pasted on his shirt. He peeked at the content and gasped horrifiedly.

 

 " This is bull, " 

 

--------------------

 

 " Good evening guys! " 

 

 Taeyeon cheerfully entered the training room with her duffle bag and boxing glove by her side. She was wearing her usual black and pink sweatshirt with a matching black legging and she put her blonde hair up in a bun. 

 

 Her smile dropped when she saw her teammates and coach were sitting on the floor in circle with serious expressions plastered on their face. " Guys? Are you guys okay? " she questioned as she put aside her duffle bag and sat beside one of her teammates, Choi Minho. 

 

 " So, we have no other choice, " Taehyung said out of nowhere.

 

 " We really have to win, " Minho said as he crumpled the paper in his hand. A determined expression could be seen on his handsome face.

 

 " Or else.... " Taeyeon's other teammate, Seunghoon, continued with a horrified expression.

 

 " Say bye-bye to boxing, " Heechul ended the sentence with a sigh. Absolutely oblivious to what they were talking about, Taeyeon frustratedly groaned. " Coach, can you answer what's wrong with this depressing mood? " she asked Heechul who was seemingly dozed off to another dimension.

 

 " We have to enter a professional competition for money, Taeyeon-ah, "