Date?

Royal Gone Wrong

 The Kwon family was having a peaceful breakfast together. Well, the intense atmosphere surrounding them was not really peaceful, however since it was a usual routine, the three members of the royal family ate in silence. Mr. Kim sighed as he silently smiled at his wife and son. " Now that Dami is not here, dining table sure is silent, " he chuckled along with his wife while the crown prince showed no emotion.

 

 " Jiyong-ah, where did you go yesterday night? " 

 

 " Meeting a friend, " 

 

 Mrs. Kim used the napkin on her lap to wipe and flashed a small smile to her son. " Did you meet with Ms. Taeyeon? " Jiyong's hand stopped cutting his bread when he heard that. 

 

 " Yes, " 

 

 Would that be the right answer? That's what he thought.

 

 " That's good then. Eventhough the both of you met without us knowing, it means that the previous blind date was surely going to sail smoothly, " the queen stated. Jiyong was about to protest when his mother continued her sentence.

 

 " I was about to ask you to join lunch with Arab Saudi's president and meet his daughter. Since you gave me no answer about Ms. Taeyeon, " 

 

 His mother's statement brought relief all over his body. That was indeed the right answer for him to say. " Well then, why don't you bring her out to a date after the both of us went for the lunch? " Mr. Kwon suggested and fhat finally caught his attention.

 

 " I have better things to do, " he muttered out and took a bite of his breakfast. The queen silently let out a small sneer and a knowing look appeared on her face. " Don't say it like that. I might just make you follow us to the luncheon later, " 

 

 Jiyong's grip on the cutlery utensils tightened. ' I have zero energy for this early in the morning, ' he thought as he stared at his mother without emotion. " Alright then, I'll ask her out on a date, " he stated then stood up as he harshly threw his napkin on the table. " I'm going first, "

 

 He rushed to his room and took out his phone. " Wait, I gave her my number but I don't have hers, " he facepalmed and sighed. " Your Highness? May I ask what uniform will you wear for your date later? " Kim ahjumma questioned.

 

 " It's not a date. I'm just saying it to avoid going to that lame lunch, " he muttered out the last sentence. He went silent for awhile. " I'll just pick my own outfit and ask Mr. Oh to prepare my car, I'm going out at 10, " he said as he went to the bathroom to shower. 

 

 After a refreshing 15 minutes bath, he came out of the shower wearing nothing except a towel at his waist. He entered his walk-in closet and thoroughly searched for an outift to wear. Since the weather will be much warmer he aimed for a regular white shirt and a black, white striped trouser. He chose the latest release of Prada shades and wore his rodeo leather belt Versace bag. 

 

 It may looked like a simple outfit for him but it certainly cost more than a monthly wage of daily workers.

 

 He entered his car and set the navigation device to the similar destination yesterday. It took him almost an hour to arrive there. He furrowed his eyebrows, not feeling confident enough to enter the haunted house look-alike in front of him.

 

 He glanced at the coffee in his hand and sighed.

 

 " Well, I guess there's no turning back, " he sighed and strutted towards the entrance of the warehouse. Some squeaking noise could be heard from inside the building and Jiyong silently peeked inside. He saw a couple of men boxing and scrunched his face.

 

 " Maybe other people are using this place too? " he questioned himself as he was reminded of Taeyeon's words last night. He shrugged and decided to go back to his car when a man caught his eyes.

 

 A man with permed hair was punching the sandbag with a serious look on his face. " What's wrong with his technique? That will for sure make him easily tire himself, " he monologued then hesitated to knock on the door.

 

 " Excuse me? " 

 

 The man and his friend looked at the entrance. After Jiyong saw his full face, his memory finally did him justice. " Oh, that's the guy with Taeyeon-ssi yesterday, " since nobody seemed to answer him, he reluctantly allowed himself to enter the house. 

 

 Taehyung and Seunghoon just shared a questioning look.

 

 " Is he like a chaebol or something? " Seunghoon whispered at him as the both of them still have their eyes on the man walking towards them. 

 

 " I think so. Look, even his bag can afford us this warehouse, " Taehyung puckered his lips at the designer bag he recognised from his habit of online shopping. Seunghoon nodded in amusement.

 

 " Excuse me but, what are you here for? " Seunghoon as the older one, asked the man. " Urm, is this some kind of practice club or...? " his sentece wandered off as he looked around the warehouse. " Oh yes, this place is where we practiced boxing. We are just a small boxing club actually, " Taehyung explained as he tried to think hard about this familiar man.

 

 He was sure that he had seen this man.

 

 And he confirmed that after Jiyong took off his shades from his face.Both of them gasped. 

 

 " Y-you are t-the...." Taehyung couldn't even finished his sentence when Jiyong stared at them coldly.

 

 He walked closer towards Taehyung who was still looking at him with amazement. " You're the one with Kim Taeyeon last night, right? " he arched his eyebrows.

 

 " Huh? Do you know Taeyeon noona? " Taehyung asked him as Seunghoon widened his eyes. " Yah, noona did say that she was going to a very huge event last week right? That must be the royal wedding, " The older guy snapped his finger as Taehyung hummed in realization.

 

 " Taeyeon noona isn't here yet. She's usually here with Minho hyung and Heechul hyung, " the bright attitude man exclaimed. " Can I know what business does Taeyeon-ssi have here? " and then his attention diverted to the entrance again. 

 

 " Oh, there they are! " he enthusiastically waved his hand with a wide rectangle shaped smile on his face. 

 

 " Well, Taeyeon noona is a part of our boxing club, " Seunghoon answered the flabbergasted man before he waved at the rest of the club members.

 

 Jiyong swiftly turned around and his eyes met with a certain light brown orbs. Her eyes widened and the boxing glove in her hand dropped to the dusty ground.

 

 " Holy , "

 

---------------------------------

 

 " Please, keep it a secret from my parents, " Taeyeon bowed a full 90 degrees to the man in front of her. After her eyes landed on this fancy man in the warehouse, she immediately rushed over and excused herself to everyone while dragging Jiyong out. 

 

 " No worries, I have no intention to be a snitch, " he said as he extended his hand and offered her the coffee he bought just a moment ago. " Thank you, " she grabbed the beverage as she thanked him for both the coffee and for not snitching on her. 

 

 " By the way, why are you here? " Taeyeon questioned. It was a shocking yet a flattered sight to see the crown prince in a such building this early morning. Jiyong's eyebrows arched at the sight of Taeyeon's outfit. She was wearing a tight dark blue crop top and a pair of tight legging plus her hair tied up into a high ponytail.

 

 Jiyong's inner wild thought didn't make it easier for him.

 

 She looked hot.

 

 " W-well, my parents asked me to take you out on a date, " he stammered slightly as he rubbed his nape and avoided eye contact. If she drank the coffee a bit earlier, she would've spit it out after the statement from the crown prince.

 

 " D-date? " flabbergasted, she blinked her eyes repeatedly. Not only her, but the four men that were eavesdropping them behind the wooden door also gasped.

 

 " I mean, we met through a blind date so naturally my mother would've want me to go out with you, " he sipped his coffee nonchalantly. " You're saying that the king and the queen suggested for you to go out on a date with me? Heol, " 

 

 The more she uttered out the word date, it became much more surreal to her.

 

 " Yeah, but that's not important, I agreed to that because I want to avoid going to a lunch with President of Arab, " he leaned on his shining black car and once again, sipped his beverage.

 

 " Oh, " Taeyeon muttered out as she nodded her head. Unbeknownst to her, a feeling of disappointment tugged her heart after the man exclaimed that the date was not actually his real and full intention. " It's okay, you don't have to stay here. I'll cover up for you since you already did a favor for me, " she gleed at him.

 

 " By the way, what are you doing here at this....building? " 

 

 The girl frowned when her request was ignored by Jiyong. " Urm, if it's not obvious yet, I'm here because I'm apart of the club? " 

 

 Jiyong strutted towards the closed wooden door and knocked on it harshly. The eavesdroppers flinched and jumped back, pretending to do anything that was not remotely suspicious. " This place is so worn down that even a knock from me could shake this whole building up, " Jiyong stated and turned around to face Taeyeon.

 

 " You have the money to go to a much prestigious and elite boxing club, but why here? " he raised his eyebrows and questioned her. 

 

 Taeyeon disliked this. She hated that he was digging too much without feeling ashamed.

 

 " I want to stay lowkey, that's why, " she pushed him aside as he was blocking her entrance and entered with a remorseful expression on her face. " Seunghoon-ah, practice with me, " Taeyeon requested while she was warming up her body. " Huh? I thou-... " just when he was about to ask about her date, he received a deadly glare from the petite woman.

 

 Shiver rushed down his spine and he shared a look with Minho and Taehyung. " I'm dead, " he muttered out as he received multiple pity stares from the men.

 

 Jiyong sighed, he knew that he pushed the wrong button just now. But, there was no bad intention or such, he was genuinely curious about her choice of practice club. " Yah, Kim Tae-... " Heechul stood in front of him to block his way towards the clearly fuming Taeyeon. " I have no intention to disrespect you but, please let her practice first, " with a smile, Heechul tried to get inbetween the both of them. 

 

 " Move, " however that one word, accompanied with a pair of glare from the crown prince made him cowered.

 

 " Alright, I may move out of your way, " Heechul stood aside and let him strutted his way to the boxing ring. The coach sighed exasperatedly.

 

 Taeyeon was focusing on Seunghoon's face which she imagined as Jiyong's. Her fist swung fast, making it hard for Seunghoon to avoid it. " N-noona, " he called out for Taeyeon but the girl couldn't hear anything besides her blood boiling with rage after she felt like her precious club was insulted by Jiyong.

 

 Taeyeon's punches became much faster and powerful. 

 

 " Don't you think that we need to stop her? " Taehyung whispered to Minho. " If that punch could touch Seunghoon's face, I'm afraid it will result on a broken nose, " Taehyung gasped.

 

 " N-noona, why are you suddenly becoming like Mike Tyson?! " Seunghoon screamed as he tried to avoid. Out of nowhere, a punch came from his blindspot and he knew right that moment that he couldn't avoid that one.

 

 He closed his eyes, ready to embrace the force on his face. However, only silence greeted him. Slowly, he opened his left eye and saw Taeyeon's fist a few inches away from his face. Seunghoon immediately fell on his bum and gasped for air.

 

 " Oh my god, my nose is safe, " he caressed his nose and thanked the lord for sparing his beautiful face. Now he saw the bigger picture. That punch was hold back by Jiyong before it could even landed on his face.

 

 " Yah, are you a fool? You could have broken his nose if that landed on him, " even without screaming, Jiyong's voice sounded stern that it made Taeyeon slightly intimidated by him. She swatted his hand away from her arm and sighed. Jiyong went to Seunghoon and extended his arm towards him. " Give me the gloves, " without questioning him further, he quickly passed his glove to Jiyong. 

 

 The man put aside his shades and bag then wore the gloves. " If you're mad at me, then duel with me. Don't pour out your anger at someone innocent, " Jiyong said as he positioned himself just like a pro-boxer.

 

 Just by looking at his stance, Heechul was impressed and he knew that Jiyong collectively already had a handful of experiences in the sport.

 

 Both Jiyong and Taeyeon held their position while they had their own staredown. It kinda terrifies people around them. Not wasting any second, Taeyeon attacked first as she threw an uppercut to him. The unflustered man smirked, knowing exactly that the first move would be done by Taeyeon. Fortunately for his fast reflex, he held out both his arms and blocked the powerful attack from Taeyeon.

 

 While they were both in their own world, the 'audiences' were watching the both of them in awe. " Hyung, my legs are shaking for Taeyeon noona, " Taehyung uttered out as his eyes were still on the fight.

 

 " Me too Taehyung, me too, " Minho gulped. Heechul was in a dillema, he knew that the crown prince won't inflict any injury on his disciple. However, he still had a bad feeling since Taeyeon was fighting with the one and only crown prince in South Korea.

 

 ' I would have never dreamed of having the presence of a royal member in this ty warehouse, ' Heechul thought and sighed.

 

 Back in the ring, Jiyong had suceeded avoiding and blocking all Taeyeon's attacks and that sure didn't make the girl happy. The raging woman was heaving for oxygen while the man in front of him looked fine, as if they hadn't even start yet. 

 

 " Sloppy, " Jiyong stated with a smug smirk on his face.

 

 Oh, that did snap something inside Taeyeon. 

 

 Without thinking twice, she charged towards the man and tried to throw a hook to his beautiful face.

 

 ' Yah Kim Taeyeon, are you sure you're not going to jail if you hurt that beautiful face? ' 

 

 Taeyeon almost scoffed at her subconscious that was only trying to protect her from living the rest of her life in the jail.

 

 ' Mom and dad got the money, they'll bail me out, ' she retorted to herself. Yup, it's certified that she went crazy.

 

 ' Oh, like they're not going to be glad that you rot in jail? '

 

 That thought made Taeyeon halted her fist from touching Jiyong's face. That moment when Taeyeon let her guard down, Jiyong blocked her arm and tackled her down. 

 

 The others watching them gasped.

 

 Jiyong smirked then lowered his face near her. Their faces were very close Taeyeon could clearly see how flawless his skin was. Wow, the perks of being a royal family member.

 

 While from the sight of others, it kinda looked like they were doing something.....nasty.

 

 " U-urm, what are they....doing? " Seunghoon stammered as  the men gaped at how intimate their noona was with the prince.

 

 Jiyong closened the distance between his mouth and her ear.

 

 " Number one rule to win is, don't let your guard down no matter what's the situation is. The opponent could take an advantage in that, " he whispered then stood up.

 

 He extended his hand to the flabbergasted girl. Her face was flushed red as she was reminded at how close they were just now. Worse, she just realised that her friends were watching them all these time. Blinking repeatedly, she accepted Jiyong's hand and stood up with his help.

 

 Jiyong went to take his shades and bag while Taeyeon was still frozen at the middle of the boxing ring.

 

 " Change your clothes, " he put his shades at the bridge of his nose then swiftly turned to face the flustered woman. A lopsided grin appeared on Jiyong's face when he saw the red faced girl.

 

 " I'll wait for you outside, " nonchalantly, he stepped out the boxing ring and stepped out of the warehouse to his car.

 

-------------------------------

 

 " Where are you taking me? " 

 

 Taeyeon's grip on the seatbelt tightened as the image of their previous 'fight' constantly replayed in her mind. ' Stop thinking about it Kim Taeyeon! ' she sighed and slightly hit her head using her knuckles.

 

 " Before I tell you, stop doing that face. You looked like you're trying to hold in a fart or something, " Jiyong steered the car swiftly as he already saw their destination. Taeyeon's face distorted after she heard Jiyong's analogy. " Wow, your analogy is..... interesting, " her confused expression made Jiyong slipped out an adorable chuckle as he parked his car.

 

 " We've arrived, " Jiyong announced as both of them unbuckled their seatbelts. " Where is this place? " Taeyeon questioned under her breath as she peeked outside from her seat, then a loud gasp escaped her lips. " Kwon Jiyong-ssi, don't you think this place is too....extravagant? " Taeyeon grinned nervously as her eyes were stucked at the extremely fancy exterior of the restaurant.

 

 In front of them was the fanciest and most popular Italy restaurant in Korea. Only extremely rich people like businessman, politicians and top-tier artists had ever stepped foot in here. 

 

 " Based on my knowledge about your family, I doubt that you haven't even once eaten meals in here, " Jiyong stated as he handed his car key to the valet.

 

 " Well, I mean I came here once and that was to meet some shareholder hags but I escaped halfway through dinner and gave some lame excuses. It ended with my parents being ashamed of me and they never forced me to go with them anymore, " she ended her story with a guilty smile and shrugged her shoulders. Amused, Jiyong chortled slightly.

 

 A waiter whom was startled at the sight of the crown prince with a woman, greeted him respectfully then ushered them to a private room.

 

 Their lunch was not awkward but also not that merry as they didn't have much topics to talk about. Taeyeon was grateful that they were eating in a secluded place as she was wearing a very casual outfits. A baggy white tee and a pair of ripped jeans short along with a pair of black sneakers. 

 

 She didn't even put on any makeup on her face. Just now when they were walking towards the private room, dhe was literally cowering to cover her 'hideous' self.

 

 " I'm sorry if I offended you just now, but I really meant it when I asked you why you chose that place out of many more clubs, " he apologised with a guilty expression latched in his face.

 

 ' HOW CAN I NOT FORGIVE YOU WHEN YOU SHOW ME THAT EXPRESSION, '

 

 Well, someone was extremely bothered by the adorable expression the crown prince was showing. " Oh, I'm sorry too, for getting too ahead with my feelings, " she muttered as she looked down to her steak, feeling apologetic towards the kind man in front of her. A small yet visible smile crept on Jiyong's face.

 

 " Well, I knew that club way back during my teenage years from Minho. I still remember that one fateful night where I escaped from my house because I wanted to eat some ramyeon at a convenience store. However, I ended up getting chased by 3 huge wild dogs and trust me when I say that was the most exercise I've gotten in years, "

 

 Taeyeon tattled on about her past which she didn't have anyone much to tell to. Much to her joy, Jiyong was obviously enjoying her story because he was trying really hard to not laugh loudly, making his face flushed red. 

 

 " Then, Minho ended up saving me by throwing his sandals to the dogs and he dragged me to the warehouse. That was the time where I met the boys and also Heechul oppa. I was intrigued by the sport and ended up joining them, " Taeyeon ended her story with a sip of wine and a proud smile on her face.

 

 Jiyong noticed, she beamed and shone brightly when she talked about her passion. Even without makeup, she looked so bright that it intrigued Jiyong, this was exactly what genuine looked like.

 

 " But, don't you think the warehouse needed some maintenance repair because.... " Jiyong's sentence trailed off  but Taeyeon understood where he was coming from. " Well, we're currently having a financial crisis, the warehouse is also at the verge of going to someone else's hand. Haih, I really wanted to help them but my parents tracked my credit card and I can't let them know about this hobby of mine, " Jiyong arched his eyebrows when he found out about that.

 

 " That's why we're working hard in practicing because we're entering a competition in one month to win the prize money. Aigoo, even Heechul oppa is already tired coaching us endlessly, " she ranted as her hand kept on poking the tender meat on her plate. Taeyeon's eyes widened when she realised that she ranted too much to the man in front of her.

 

 " W-wait, please don't tell anyone about that, " she muttered with a pleading look and Jiyong just silently nodded his head.

 

 A sly smirk appeared on his face.

 

 " What do you say.... if I offer to coach you guys? "