Chapter 5

Standing In The Middle Of Parallel Lines

 "Uhh... hello Minhyun..."

It was a voice from someone whom Minhyun didnt expect although the familiarity of the voice kinda sunk on his system though.

"S-Seungwan?"

Yes, it was none other than their classmate, and Younghyun's friend, Seungwan.

"Uhh... w-what are you doing here?"
"N-nothing. I just want to check if you did study for the preliminary exams."
"If youre doing this for your friend's favor, I dont need to answer your question. You can go home now." Minhyun calmly composed himself while saying those words.
"No please, this is not what I meant."
"I dont want to be involved in what Younghyun has been doing against me. Let him be, and I dont give a ."
"This is not about Younghyun. I-I'm just concerned."
"Well, I dont need it."
"MINHYUN, WHO'S THAT?!" Seongwoo yelled as he and Jonghyun continued to have a food fight with their jokbal.
"You should go home now, Seungwan. It's almost midnight."
"Alright, Minhyun. See you tomorrow."

Minhyun didnt reply as she stepped out of his house after saying those words, and he quietly closed the door.

"Nothing. It's just my delivery." He went back inside the house, back to his referee self who continued taking videos of the food fight between his two friends.


[October 31st, 1pm]


It's been a week since the scenario happened, but all the students were in an overwhelming chaos because of the preliminary examinations in which was happening this week although it might depend on the schedule per college. The College of Commerce, Communication Arts and Education were already done with their three-day exam since they started last Monday, and the rest of the colleges were still not yet done with the schedule although the end would be tomorrow since they started yesterday.

It's honestly good for both Jonghyun and Seongwoo that they were already done with the exams and their requirements for preliminary period. The two along with Minhyun started to study together real hard in a coffee shop after the movie night, and suffered from sleepless nights and coffee days even in weekends. Younghyun, on the other hand, had his own study group formed with Wonpil, Seungwan, and their two other fellow blockmates Lee Jihoon and Yoo Jeongyeon, and they studied in Younghyun's house for straight 4 days right after their classes, including weekends.

Some of the exams for the senior students' subjects were already done, and they only had two more left, including the Singing Technique (led by Professor Kim) practicum exams in which would be commencing right now.

Younghyun was walking towards the entrance of the campus gate for the exam when suddenly a hand patted his shoulder.

"B-bro?"

Jaehyung welcomed him with a smile... and a paper?

"Ugh, what's that bro?"
"Sign this, and youre up for the songwriting session."
"REALLY??? THANK YOU SO MUCH BRO! I promise I wont do something terrible." Younghyun's smile made it wider.
"You better should."

On the other other hand, Minhyun saw them from afar while walking his way by himself to the campus gate, but he just ignored it and continued walking. until he reached the College of Music building.


[October 31st, 4pm]


The practicum exam under Professor Kim was already finished, and he dismissed the all the students, but the way Professor Kim called a name made a certain student stop his way from walking out of the room.

"Mr. Hwang?"
"Uuhh..... Professor Kim?"
"Can I talk to you?"
"Uh oh.... tsk tsk tsk..." Younghyun was clicking his tongue.
"Yeah, sir."
"Just follow me, Hwang. In the faculty room."
"Maybe you cheated your voice technique like the way you cheated Younghyun's spot. Oops---" Wonpil was about to go out of the classroom with Younghyun and Seungwan.

Minhyun and Professor Kim were already on their way to the faculty room when they heard noises from the classroom, but Professor Kim let Minhyun go to the meeting place on his own. He went back to the classroom to observe what happened when he discovered that the class became a hellish boxing ring as some of the students started to come at Younghyun and Wonpil and punched them on their faces, while the other students were trying to defend the two by fighting back. That scenario made him very furious and started banging the table.

"CAN Y'ALL JUST STOP? YOU'RE EVEN DISTURBING SOME STUDENTS BESIDE THIS CLASSROOM. IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT, GO OUTSIDE, BUT REMEMBER YOU'RE STILL UNDER MY CLASS. Y'ALL SO ING DISGUSTING."

The class became totally silent after they tasted the wrath of Professor Kim.

"AND BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID, YOU GUYS ARE AUTOMATICALLY FAILED IN THE EXAMS. NO MORE, NO LESS."

He walked out of the room angrily, but he was being chased by some students who were involved in the classroom siege.

"But sir, it's so unfair. We worked so hard to study for your subject, and we want to pass the exam. Please give us a chance." Seungwan and Jaebeom were pleading.
"Well, you should think about that beforehand, but it already happened. I'm sorry, but my decision is final."

Professor Kim left those students afterwards in fierce way.

"Now, what are we gonna do?" Wonpil put his hand on his forehead.
"Well, so be it. We're gonna fail anyways because we're not his 'favourite son'." Younghyun rolled his eyes.
"Seriously, Younghyun? Did you ever think about your grade?" Seungwan gave him a subtle warning, "like, hello!! We're graduating on December."
"Who cares about grades and graduating? Besides I already got the job." He smirked.
"Well... congrats. Good for you." Seungwan planted a half smile.
"Thank you," Younghyun replied, "it's because youre my inspiration."
"It's my plea--- WAIT WHAT?
"Naaaah it's nothing, silly. So let's go home now guys." He prompted both Seungwan and Wonpil to go with him.
"Well, I smell something like cheese here." Wonpil seemed that he knew the tea, but in fact, he's hungry.

On the other hand, the reason why Professor Kim suddenly called Minhyun was because...

"Mr. Hwang Minhyun, I always observed you during classes, and it seemed like youre being stressed a lot, like youre having a lot of thoughts. You did answer my questions well during discussion, but you know. There's something about you for the past few days. Youre not like that during the first day of class. What happened?"
"Huh?! I'm not, professor. I'm perfectly fine."
"Are you sure, Minhyun?"
"Y-yes sir. I'm not stressed. Except for the exams."
"Yes, it's understandable. All of us. Even myself when I was your age, but...but I dunno. There's something about you, but I couldnt explain."
"There's no need to worry about, professor. I'm perfectly fine," he smiled ,"if this is the reason why you called me, I'll go now. I have to go home."
"Wait a second, Minhyun. I forgot to give this to you."