Withdrawals

Traveling With My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

The night was slowly falling over Skyrim, the sky variated between pinks, yellows, and blues before taking on three strands of breathtaking green and blue auroras. Riverwood was peaceful with the inhabitants sleeping in their warm beds except for the occasional guard walking the streets and guarding the place.


Jonghyun had been awake for a while, staring at the far wall blankly as his thoughts were progressing what transpired a few hours ago. He almost couldn’t believe it but the reality was laying behind him, chest pressed against his back and an arm loosely wrapped around his waist. 


Soft snoring caressed the back of his neck and the still wet feeling of seed sliding down his thighs was evidence of what they did. 


They had , a one-night stand as the Nords would call it. A ual relationship lasting only one night and that’s exactly what had happened. Jonghyun didn’t know if he should smile or cry, whilst lust might have been raging, Alpha and Omega instincts joining together in a passionate dance. 


Jonghyun had felt a warmth in his chest, affection and a feeling like someone genuinely cared for him, even now he couldn’t stop the soft smile on his lips. 


He was incredibly terrified though, in the short period that he got to know Jinki, he found out what a dork he was, creepy even but still sweet and chasing him down like a lost pup himself, seeking a friend to wander around with, erasing the loneliness.

The black-haired man pitied him and whilst he wanted nothing more than giving the man the pleasure of having a fellow Werewolf friend, Jinki didn’t deserve bad luck, Jonghyun was too scared that the longer he would stay, the more chances there are that Jinki would get hurt or a tragedy would happen.

 

Like the Bear attack on his pack

 

The betrayal of a good Khajiit friend

 

What next? A possibility that a Dragon would crush or take Jinki away while Jonghyun was powerless to do a thing? The smile faded and his expression became sorrowful, he regrettably shuffled away from that warm body, grimacing as Jinki’s slid out. Jonghyun stood up from the bed, careful that his footsteps were light, he made sure Jinki was covered by the blanket so there won’t be any chances of him being cold, ‘’I’m sorry but I can’t stay.’’ He whispered in the dark of the room, chocolate locks back from his eyes.


Jinki groaned, turning his head and nuzzling his pillow, A soft gaze melted over the smaller man’s feature and he bit his trembling bottom lip. It was hard to make sacrifices even if it was destroying his own happiness but to keep someone safe was often the things he did it for. 


‘’You deserve a better friend to wander with.’’ He continued, turning away before he allowed his emotions to get the better of him. Pulling his clothes on and grabbing everything that he owned, Jonghyun sneaked to the door, giving Jinki’s peaceful figure one last glance and with gritted teeth, he walked out of the door and the inn, back to the life he was used to.

 

The life of a Lone wolf. 

 


 

An hour later, Jinki woke up in a cold bed, alone in a dark room. It wasn’t hard to notice the lack of skin-contact, the soft breathing or the little wiggles against him. ‘’Jjong?’’ He murmured, rubbing his eyes and sitting up in bed, blanket polling at his waist.


He couldn’t deny the nervous fluttering of his heart, the smaller man wasn’t in the room and his stuff was gone. It was less likely that he went to any of the stores to do something with his weapons or items. There was only one logical explanation for his disappearance but Jinki didn’t want to admit it.


Hurriedly he jumped out of bed, throwing his clothes on and not caring if his shirt was backward or if his armor wasn’t on as it was supposed to be worn. 


Jinki gathered everything and left the inn without a word, there was no worry about theft as he had paid the inn-keeper the day before. He glanced from left to right, except for a few silhouettes of guards strutting around with a Torch, no one else was in the vicinity.


He was upset, better yet, angry. Why did Jonghyun keep running away just when he thought the other was going to stay with him. Was he that bad of a person that Jonghyun even escaped during the night, thinking Jinki wouldn’t notice?


Should he give up the chase then? It was very clear from the beginning how he didn’t want anything to do with him but stubborn Jinki felt lonely and thought to find a friend in Jonghyun. Maybe he was selfish and should have let the black-haired man go?

 

Pain throbbed in his chest, why was it hard to let the other go? 

 

Jinki squeezed his eyes shut, maybe he shouldn’t have let his Alpha instincts take control a few hours ago? Is that what scared Jonghyun off? Or was it the whole fact that they had that passion between them? 


Feeling lonely all the time made the passion, affection and the way of being this close to another feel very nice. Apparently, he had been yearning for it, how stupid of him to think that Jonghyun would have appreciated it too.

 

‘’I’m sorry,’’ Jinki whispered to no one. ‘’I’m sorry.’’ Guilt filled his heart and whilst he would never regret that special moment between them, it was sadly time to move on and travel to Whiterun like he first planned to do. 
 




 

Jonghyun was counting the stars to distract himself as a soft breeze ruffled his hair. It wasn’t easy to desire one thing but do the exact opposite. He lay in the grass on top of a hill with a magnificent view of Whiterun and the Auroras sky, he should worship it more often as it was very welcoming to the eyes. Tears had kept trailing down his cheeks until he had nothing left and he had only himself to blame. He took a drink from a bottle of Nord Mead, getting intoxicated would never be the solution to clear up problems but he could forget for a while.


It didn’t take long though when a familiar scream rang through the air, not just any scream but a pained one. Jonghyun shot up with a gasp, hope, and fear thrown in his face. Had Jinki come after him still? But how?!


Oh right...they were Werewolves and had a good nose for scents.


He shook his head, scrambling up with a curse, how could he think like this when Jinki was close by, he had to leave quickly before the other found him even though pained whimpers reached his ears now.


Jonghyun turned his back on the noises, staring down the hill at the wasteland in front of him, stretching out for miles. One foot lifted, about to take a step forward but it froze mid-way as those whimpers kept on continuing.  but would he live with the regret if he left Jinki by whatever tormenting he was in.


With a shaky sigh, and a worried heart. Jonghyun went to investigate, slipping down the other side of the hill and rounding a rock in his way. What he saw made his heart-ache as he looked down at Jinki in wolf form, one of his back paws in a bear-trap.


The poor midnight wolf had his ears down and whimpering noisily as he tried to yank his leg out. ‘’Stop!’’ Jonghyun hurried over, ‘’You only make it worse.’’ He continued, crouching down in front of him with the wolf glancing up, relief and pain washing over his features. 


Jonghyun held his head between his hands, thumbs over furry ears to calm him down enough so he won’t hurt himself with reckless twitches. ‘’Shhh, it’s alright.’’ The black-haired man then crawled behind the wolf, observing the stupid bear-trap.


‘’Alright, when I saw now you pull your leg out.’’ Jonghyun introduced, a serious frown creasing his brow with a tongue between his teeth. Jinki gave a slight confirmation with a weak yip before Jonghyun grabbed either side of the metal jaws, using all his strength to wrench them apart.


‘’NOW!’’ He raised his voice, Jinki immediately took his leg back, stumbling forward with a loud howl. Jonghyun grumbled harshly under his breath, throwing that cursed thing away and rushing to Jinki’s side.


‘’Are you alright?” He asked the wolf in concern, checking on the wound at the same time. Jinki let out a whine of protest as Jonghyun brushed fur aside, noticing blood coming from where his ankle should be in human form. ‘’You’re bleeding, do you think you can move it?’’ 


Jinki shuddered, carefully placing his paw down but jerking it back just as quickly as a sharp pain went through the leg. ‘’I’m not sure if it’s broken but then again, I’m not an expert.’’ Jonghyun mused, backing away slightly as the wolf transformed.

Jinki groaned displeased, a heavy glare twisting on his face. ‘’You’re a piece of work you know that?’’ he scowled at the smaller man which had Jonghyun wince, throat tight. ‘’Taking off like that?’’ He emphasized on the ‘’that’’. 

 

Jonghyun’s heart skipped faster when he met Jinki’s eyes, full of distress and disappointment. Why did it make him feel more like trash? ‘’I-i.’’ He stammered but what could he say? He couldn’t deny it or lie about it but he also wasn’t ready yet to tell Jinki the true reason for his fleeing. 


The older raised a hand and Jonghyun flinched, closing his eyes, a slap is what he deserved. Hurting this man just when they both thought they had a spark between them. Instead of the slap he expected, a warm hand cradled his jaw and cheek. Blinking rapidly, Jonghyun glanced up stupefied while holding his breath. Jinki was staring back at him, expressionless tense even though everything hurt physically and mentally. ‘’You’re troublesome you know?’’ 


Jonghyun felt his lower lip tremble as that comment hurt. 


‘’Hurting me like that by leaving.’’ Jinki continued sternly but then his face smoothed out in a gentle look. ‘’Talk to me Jonghyun.’’ He requested simply, his cheek with a fine touch. 

 

‘’Maybe I can help you...’’ 

 

‘’You can’t.’’ Jonghyun rushed out, averting his gaze when rejection flashed across the other’s face. ‘’Need healing first.’’ The smaller man pointed at his bloody foot, therefore, he stood up and offered his hand timidly.


Corner of lips lifted and Jinki sighed, ‘’Right…’’ He didn’t say anything more as he took Jonghyun’s hand and wrapped an arm around his neck before following a dirt path down on familiar rocky roads. ‘’Take me to Whiterun, I know a f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter