Reunion

Traveling With My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A year went by, the pack that first consisted of Jinki and Jonghyun became five, six and soon ten-strong as they found young-wolves in Riften that were desperate for a pack of their kind. Chanyeol, Baekhyun two Alphas, Kai as Beta and the Omega Kyungsoo. 


It went to a point that they were able to take-over an abandoned Fort and make it their paradise with a little farm and a forest in the back where wolves could live the carefree life as it had been before the war and Dragons became a plague. There was a Dragonborn who could defeat these huge lizards and surprisingly it was no other than Castiel who had that title on his shoulders. 


‘’A Dragonborn?’’ Jonghyun asked astonished. Never knowing that Dragonborns existed but apparently, they could defeat dragons and take their soul. Castiel nodded and took a drink from his Ale. ‘’How did that happen?’’


Minho, Jonghyun, Chanyeol, and Taemin had gone to Riften to sell Miscellaneous Items from their recent Dungeon raid and with the gold they received, they bought clothes, potions, and food to take back with them to their Fort and that’s how they came across Castiel.


‘’Skyrim legend tells of a hero known as the Dragonborn, a warrior with the body of a mortal and soul of a dragon, whose destiny it is to destroy the evil dragon Alduin,’’ Castiel stated while looking around at the many amazed faces at the table in The Bee and Barb inn. 


‘’After Jinki and you left Whiterun, a different Dragon from the one we saw in Helgen, terrorized the farmers outside. I went out to fight it and after defeating it I consumed a bright light.’’


‘’A Dragon’s soul,’’ Minho whispered. 


‘’What does it taste like?’’  


All eyes landed on Taemin who was innocently blinking. ‘’What? I want to know what a soul tastes likes.’’ Jonghyun grimaced, ‘’I’m not sure that it would be very appetizing.’’ 


Castiel chuckled, ‘’It isn’t.’’ He agreed, ‘’But Dragon meat is delicious!’’ Taemin leaned forward with bright curious eyes. ‘’Oh oh! Tell me!’’ Minho and Jonghyun exchanged glances and shook their heads, The young Alpha has weird fascinations. 


‘’It tastes like chicken,’’ Castiel admitted, his lips at the mention of food. Chanyeol burst out in laughter, ‘’So you’re telling me those intimidating dragons are just giant chickens?’’ Everyone laughed as it was pretty funny to see a giant chicken flying through the sky and popping out eggs. 


‘’I’m on my way to kill a dragon,’’ Castiel informed, spreading a map out on the table and pointing to a landmark in the south of Riften. ‘’Lost Tongue overlook is a dragon lair on the Jerall Mountains south of Riften.’’ He explained as the others observed the map with interest.


‘’Usually, they guard a big chest with useful treasure, I’m willing to share if you want to come along.’’ Castiel glanced up as the group discussed amongst each other. 


‘’Do you think Jinki would mind if we take a detour?’’ Chanyeol asked. So far Jinki has always been polite, patient and a nice Alpha to their newly formed pack, he let everyone do what their hearts desired as long as it wouldn’t bring danger or treason to the pack. One thing was for sure, don’t test the Alpha or he would rip you apart. 


‘’I don’t think he will but what he would mind is us fighting a dragon when we don’t have to.’’ Jonghyun notified with a small pout, he didn’t want to make Jinki worry but he would have loved to fight a dragon once in his life. The events in Helgen didn’t count though.


‘’Hmmm.’’ Minho glanced around the Tavern, dark eyes searching but not knowing what for yet until he saw a Mercenary sitting in a dark corner. ‘’How about we take a very experienced fighter with us, would that make Jinki less worried?’’ 


Jonghyun shook his head, ‘’’We still don’t have a good reason to go after that Dragon.’’ Shoulders slumped around the table, Jonghyun felt like a killjoy but rather that then have the wrath of an Alpha on them, which was even scarier than that of a Dragon.


‘’Well that’s not completely true.’’ Castiel jumped in their conversation, leaning on Taemin with a little grin. ‘’It’s a bounty from the Jarl, she’s scared the Dragon would fly closer to Riften at some point.’’ 


Minho flicked coffee brown hair from his forehead, a smirk on his lips. ‘’Good enough?’’ He eyed the Omega up with a challenge in his eyes. Jonghyun rolled his own, ‘’ Fine but I shove the blame on you if Jinki is gonna ask questions.’’ 


‘’Oeeeh Alpha fight, call me when it happens, I like to see the defeat on Minho’s face when Jinki wins.’’ Taemin clapped his hands wickedly, laughing as Minho pushed him ‘’Ha ha very funny Tae.’’ and stood up to recruit the Mercenary for the quest.


‘’If it’s a Mercenary you’re looking for, you found him.’’ A smooth voice said as Minho approached a guy with dark hair, ponytail and in mage clothing. ‘’Why hire a common soldier to protect you when you can have a master of the arcane?’’


‘’Well master of the arcane,’’ Minho mocked, ‘’Can you accompany us on a dangerous quest?’’ He folded his arms with a raised eyebrow, seeing how cocky the mage was. ‘’Of course, the only thing better than a powerful mage fighting at your side is...well, nothing really.’’ 


Minho nodded, ‘’Well okay then, we want to fight a dragon so how much for your service?’’ He asked, smiling wide, not surprised to see the Mage back down with a frown. ‘’I apologize but Dragons aren’t my specialty.’’ 


‘’Thought so.’’ The Alpha quipped, more amused than frustrated and left the man without another word. He didn’t notice someone watching them from afar and overhearing their conversation.


‘’Wait!’’ A blond man, buff with light brown hair and honeyed eyes stopped Minho in the middle of the Tavern. ‘’Yes?’’ The tall man asked a bit caught off guard. ‘’I overheard your conversation and like to sign up for that quest.’’


The Alpha blinked, inspecting the guy first, he was wearing iron armor with an Ebony Mace on his back. ‘’You know, it’s rude to listen in on conversations,’’ Minho warned him then asked him some questions before he accepted the other’s request in letting him go with them.

 

‘’Guys that mage was a scaredy-cat but I found someone else willing to come along.’’ He approached the table with the light brown-haired guy. ‘’Are you up to fight a dragon?’’ Jonghyun tilted his head to the side in wonder.

 

The stranger nodded determinedly. ‘’Welcome then,’’ Jonghyun said sweetly, shaking hands with the man before standing up. ‘’Is everyone ready?’’ They all vocalize their thoughts and soon left Riften to follow Castiel to Jerall Mountains.
 

 



It took them three days to get there. Jonghyun had been notable quiet so Minho and Taemin took the time to see what’s up. ‘’You alright?’’ Taemin wrapped an arm around the Omega’s shoulder, maybe the small man was missing Jinki or his heat was coming soon. ‘’Is it your heat?’’

 

Jonghyun's lips quirked, ‘’No, I wouldn’t do this If I knew that would come.’’ Taemin shrugged, ‘’Do you miss Jinki then?’’ A small blush appeared on his features. ‘’Without a doubt I do, it’s been a week since I last saw him.’’ 


Minho ruffled his hair and for the first time, Jonghyun didn’t protest and sighed, at least his friends were here to comfort and distract him. ‘’Maybe you should-’’ Minho trailed off, eyes locking with the smaller man’s. ‘’-settle down with your Alpha-’’ 


Jonghyun cut him off. ‘’But I love traveling Skyrim.’’ His tone of voice was settled on frustration but there was a hint of recognition since he had been considering it as well. ‘’You don’t have to fully stop traveling,’’ Taemin assured, he was always the joker of the group but when he was giving advice it was worth listening to. ‘’Just not long distances.’’ 


Minho nodded, ‘’Yeah, Taeminnie is right for once in his life.’’ Taemin stuck out his tongue. ‘’And you could travel far away maybe four times during the year so it won’t be fully taken away from you?’’ He suggested.


Jonghyun sighed whilst they began to climb the stone stairs on the side of a mountain which would bring them to the top and the Dragon’s lair. ‘’I was thinking of that too.’’ He admitted, ‘’I never knew I could miss someone this much.’’ He gave a shy laugh. 


‘’Can you feeeel the loooveee toniiiight.’’ Taemin sang teasingly while hugging the blushing Omega closely and having a cute laugh come from him. ‘’It’s not night Taemin, get your facts straight.’’ Minho chuckled then yelped as the younger Alpha glomped him.


 ‘’What about Kibum?’’ Taemin questioned with a curious glint in his eyes. ‘’Are you missing your Dove?’’ Minho supported the younger boy’s legs and continued to carry him on his back. ‘’Sure I do.’’ There was no hesitation in his voice.


Jonghyun smiled, ‘’Are you missing someone Taemin?’’ The younger Alpha halted his babbles and averted his gaze down shyly. ‘’Yeah…’’ He murmured, Minho and Jonghyun glanced at each other in surprise.


‘’Really? Who?’’ They both squealed at the same time, not expecting that of Taemin. The boy smiled nervously, having trouble with telling who it was since they would about it and the feelings of love were all so new for the Alpha. ‘’I-it’s Kai.’’ 


Jonghyun’s eyes widen and a happy grin blossomed on his face. ‘’Oh my god Tae, that’s incredibly cute!’’ So Taeminnie had a crush on the Beta? Taemin whined, burying his face in Minho’s shoulder as Minho and Jonghyun both laughed, not to belittle him but because it was sweet. 


‘’Don’t worry Sweetheart, you can return to him soon.’’ Jonghyun patted his back in comfort then directed his attention and gaze elsewhere which was the warrior that was traveling with them. Missing Jinki hadn’t been one of the things that bothered him, it was the main thing though but the warrior walking in front of them was bothering Jonghyun too.


This guy had introduced himself as Samedi and while everyone could be named that in Skyrim. Jonghyun remembered how his oldest brother shared the same name with this warrior. Could it be that...this man was his...brother? 


The black-haired Omega placed a hand over his face and closed his eyes. That was wishful thinking as no one had a clue were his former pack was and he didn’t want to lose hope.


‘’We're here guys, my follower should be waiting at the top.’’ Castiel snapped him from his thoughts. ‘’He went to check the area and would meet up with me here.’’ Everyone acknowledged him and followed Castiel to the top where another surprise was waiting for Jonghyun.


‘’Kharjo?’’ The small man asked voice high and expression startled when he saw the Khajiit stand there, waiting for them. ‘’You two know each other?’’ Castiel glanced between them as the Khajiit turned around and his eyes lit up at the view of Jonghyun.


‘’My friend!’’ The Khajiit rushed forward, pulling the Omega in a hug and patting his back. ‘’It’s good to see you again.’’ His sly voice had an ounce of friendliness to it. Jonghyun nodded rapidly, a choked-up laugh escaping his lips.


‘’You’re traveling with the Dragonborn?’’ Pulling away, Jonghyun observed his old friend, looking much happier since the last time he saw him and left their little group for the reason for traveling the world. 


‘’Khajiit guards his back." The cat winked, smiling at Castiel who held his thumbs up in a playful manner. ‘’What about Ahkari and Zaynabi?’’


‘’Still living in the house you gifted them in Morthal, Zaynabi is married.’’ 


Jonghyun placed a hand in front of his mouth, feeling emotional. It did his heart well that his friends were still doing well and left alone by the war and everything. ‘’Zaynabi is married to who?’’ The Khajiit smiled proudly and pointed to himself. Jonghyun laughed joyfully, eyes twinkling as he pulled him back into a hug. ‘’Congratulations, I never expected you two together like that.’’ 


‘’Me neither my friend, our hearts naturally decided for us.’’


They both kept talking about it as they followed the others up another flight of stairs and heard the rumbles of a Dragon’s breathing.


‘’The Dragon is resting on the rocks near the treasure,’’ Kharjo informed seriously, his brow furrowed as they all cro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter